NFL warns Lynch of 15-yard penalty for crotch grabbing

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
"The NFL wants Lynch to know that officials will be on the lookout and ready to assess a 15-yard penalty if Lynch does it again. NFL V.P. of Officiating Dean Blandino told ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio that the Seahawks have been warned that if Lynch makes an obscene gesture at any time during Super Bowl XLIX, the Seahawks will be penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Blandino told Paolantonio that if Lynch grabs his crotch after scoring a touchdown, “that means they will kick off from the 20 yard line."

Good to see the NFL has its priorities straight

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2338 ... -national2

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3n4w6jhv said:
So what if a another Seahawk player does it? They only mention Marshawn here.

P.S. Blitz - here's your motivation for the Seahawks to say the league is out to get them. ;)

Exittium

Reaction score
That's like the NFL adding in the whole ball spinning.. Only person I've seen penalized for it was Sidney.. Since the I've seen numerous teams do it and no flag. Lol NFL is just making itself look stupid. Singling one person out of many just speaks volumes in itself imo.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Exittium":30arx4av said:
That's like the NFL adding in the whole ball spinning.. Only person I've seen penalized for it was Sidney.. Since the I've seen numerous teams do it and no flag. Lol NFL is just making itself look stupid. Singling one person out of many just speaks volumes in itself imo.

Yep... I've only ever seen Sidney Rice penalized for ball spinning. That was such BS. This is too. Makes me think of a power-hungry government that strictly punishes citizens who act just slightly out of line of how they're "supposed" to behave. The NFL is upset that someone is making a mockery of their fines and rules, so they're taking more drastic actions to protect their image.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's ok for Tom terrific to deflate his balls but it's a 15 yard penalty if Beast deflates his?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":4nt2pry5 said:
"The NFL wants Lynch to know that officials will be on the lookout and ready to assess a 15-yard penalty if Lynch does it again. NFL V.P. of Officiating Dean Blandino told ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio that the Seahawks have been warned that if Lynch makes an obscene gesture at any time during Super Bowl XLIX, the Seahawks will be penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Blandino told Paolantonio that if Lynch grabs his crotch after scoring a touchdown, “that means they will kick off from the 20 yard line."

Good to see the NFL has its priorities straight

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2338 ... -national2
O K so are we to assume that Dean Blandildo might have something in his penalties bag for the Patriots "Deflate Gate", or is this just more of the same ONE WAY shit from headquarters.

So if I were Marshawn Lynch, I'd wait until after the time runs out, win or lose, I'd make it a point to do a Michael Jackson dance move, featuring the crotch grab.

Silentwander

Reaction score
Then what about Clay Matthews sexy celebration dance? I didn't like his new dance style and I prefer the old one.

One question: Unless i overlook something, Is crotch grabbing 15 yard penalty applying also for other teams?

legend38

Reaction score
That's only if he grabs them three times in a row, really fast right? Two times is ok though.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Largent80":2enw2icn said:
What's. Next, illegal farting

Why not live up to the standard Steve Largent set for himself and his team. I can understand if your aren't so fluent that you don't (can't) want to speak to reporters, but to degrade yourself and your team? I'd respect this guy more if he matched each fine with a donation to 'Make A Wish Foundation', at least something good would come out of stupidity.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Silentwander":39e03sz9 said:
Then what about Clay Matthews sexy celebration dance? I didn't like his new dance style and I prefer the old one.

One question: Unless i overlook something, Is crotch grabbing 15 yard penalty applying also for other teams?
Clay Matthews is on a legacy franchise, the rules don't fully apply to legacy franchises.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Now they are making up penalties on the fly for the Seahawks? Okaaay.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
furi0usbee":3gszvziv said:
Well, at least the Patriots work their balls in private...

That's not what I heard at the Patriot's press conferences. The coach and QB spent the last three days working on each other's balls in an experiment to lay a defense that they didn't cheat.