B.S.? SEATTLE -- The loudest stadium in America was silent.

irocdave

Reaction score
OP, You need to post a link to what your talking about....

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if this was published in an article somewhere, it's BS... but to me it sounds like something that was narrated maybe NFL films style? in which case it's dramatization, which happens. no big.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
irocdave":169pgkno said:
OP, You need to post a link to what your talking about....

Odd, it double posted, one had the link, one didn't, naturally I deleted the one with the link.

That's the problem posting with a phone, errors galore.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Okay, I see the link& after reading it, I'm feeling EXACTLY how I felt during & after the game. The bs about noise aside, it's impossible to write or tell the story of the game without admitting our boys are BALLERS! GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM! I tell my daughter all the time how lucky she is to be alive and enjoying this ride.

Mick063

Reaction score
Crowds may be "silenced" in other stadiums, but Seattle fans attempt to will their team to victory with even more noise when the chips are down. In other words, being behind has the opposite affect of the common narrative that opposing teams "silence" the crowd.

When the fans don't give up, the team doesn't give up. It is a symbiotic relationship.

Folks that don't experience it just don't get it.

253hawk

Reaction score
Eh you can google for the article, but it's harmless. I think the writer just juxtaposed 'loudest' and 'silent' to hammer home the point of desperation we were all feeling.

You notice, though, that we're still called the 'loudest' despite KC taking the record? It's still written about and hell, even Joe Buck still called CLink the loudest right before the game started. Sure, a dB meter in front of a larger section of people in Arrowhead might be louder at that point which isn't equidistant from anything, but I don't think their stadium resonates with the same volume and all of the opposing teams and the media know it.

Mick063

Reaction score
253hawk":anutoz89 said:
Eh you can google for the article, but it's harmless. I think the writer just juxtaposed 'loudest' and 'silent' to hammer home the point of desperation we were all feeling.

You notice, though, that we're still called the 'loudest' despite KC taking the record? It's still written about and hell, even Joe Buck still called CLink the loudest right before the game started. Sure, a dB meter in front of a larger section of people in Arrowhead might be louder at that point, but I don't think their stadium resonates the same and all of the opposing teams and the media know it.

Sure a big screen can briefly prompt a crowd of 10,000 more to peak at a higher decibel level. This is like comparing a snapshot to a video. Clink noise isn't a snapshot in time. It is an unrelenting assault over time.

Folks don't get it. It isn't just about how loud you can get. It is about how long you can be ridiculously loud.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Even Packers fans and players commended our crowd for never being out of it

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Went straight to the video of the game. Even after that final pick, the crowd never stopped yelling. they were just as loud as at any point in the game.

This was just wishful thinking by jealous haters.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
On tv it never sounded quiet..As many times they had the ball on our side and I had to look at the Seahawk creatures in the end zone seats..It seemed louder when others say the crowd was quiet..Thats crap they get from watching a Santa Clara game..

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I do believe that Troy Aikman in his infinite bit of knowledge did say something about an interception silencing the crowd. But he is just a talking head doing color for the station. So what he said at the time is more like verbal blah blah blah to fill the space with air of some sort. Just thought I would point it out. Although the noise was still present. Go Hawks.

Riley12

Reaction score
253hawk":2dlymm7g said:

Yep. It is called artistic license.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Meh poorly written article. It was all over the place. I can't imagine how we don't have good writers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
daveca5150":iuqcx8ck said:
Sounds like hyperbole. People saw, they know.

This.

Just reads like a columnist's opening sentence to create some mood. Nothing more to see here.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
As I'm reading it he's setting the stage and the timeframe he seems to be setting is when we got the ball back from the packers after the final interception. I would in fact describe us as silent, compared to how loud we were on defense.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
I heard someone on the radio, I think it was Mark 'Stink' Schlereth ripping on fans saying that the 'famous 12th man' fans weren't making any noise and all leaving early. It may not have been him but it was complete BS - why just make stuff up. Most of these media-idiots are so clueless.