What's it like to tackle Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24986411[/urltargetblank]

"I shed my blocker and I was there waiting for him," Ware said. "I said to myself, 'I got him.' I tried to lock up on him and he knocked me off. I was like, 'Are you kidding me?' That just shows how strong he is. I knew I had to bring the heat if I was going to tackle him."

"It's like a train," Packers corner Sam Shields said. "I've never been hit by a train, of course, but that's what it seems like: A big train coming right at you. It's hard to stop when it gets going."

Some may not like the author but it's a good read

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
"I Huge **^%" said Brandon Browner. And I had to do this all the time. It was worse when he wasnt my on my team.

djb28

Reaction score
It would be cool for Sport Science to go into this further!

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
"It's like a train," Packers corner Sam Shields said. "I've never been hit by a train, of course, but that's what it seems like: A big train coming right at you. It's hard to stop when it gets going."

So we have Kamtrak and now the Beastrain????

(Maybe one of you more creative types can come up with a better train analogy.)

irocdave

Reaction score
I worked with a guy from Oklahoma in the late 90's. White guy. We called him Okie John. He enjoyed that nickname. One day in the lunch room he was reminiscing about his limited days in High school school. He said he and his buddies had set several traps on the path to school and on their way home and one day they found a bobcat in the trap.

It's been so long I cant recall the exact words from Okie John but in essence he said the following. "we took that wild ass cat and stuffed it into a suitcase while wearing welding gloves. The cat screwed us up, even with the heavy leather gloves.

We took that suitcase with the cat in it to the black part of town and put the suitcase next to a light pole. We parked across the street and waited. Then a 4 door Cadillac drove by slowly then skidded to a stop, reversed quickly. One guy jumped out and grabbed the suitcase and the Caddy started to drive off. It started to weave around a couple of seconds after they took off, then crashed in to a pole in the next block and six guys bailed out and ran for their lives.

That's what I imagine tackling Lynch is like, all teeth and claws. No win proposition.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
irocdave":12j00ksr said:
I worked with a guy from Oklahoma in the late 90's. White guy. We called him Okie John. He enjoyed that nickname. One day in the lunch room he was reminiscing about his limited days in High school school. He said he and his buddies had set several traps on the path to school and on their way home and one day they found a bobcat in the trap.

It's been so long I cant recall the exact words from Okie John but in essence he said the following. "we took that wild ass cat and stuffed it into a suitcase while wearing welding gloves. The cat screwed us up, even with the heavy leather gloves.

We took that suitcase with the cat in it to the black part of town and put the suitcase next to a light pole. We parked across the street and waited. Then a 4 door Cadillac drove by slowly then skidded to a stop, reversed quickly. One guy jumped out and grabbed the suitcase and the Caddy started to drive off. It started to weave around a couple of seconds after they took off, then crashed in to a pole in the next block and six guys bailed out and ran for their lives.

That's what I imagine tackling Lynch is like, all teeth and claws. No win proposition.
I just cracked up reading this. Even though I knew what was gonna happen...
cool story.............bro.

Dismas

Reaction score
Prisco gets a bad rap, and deservedly so.

But here hwe showed you can indeed do a piece on Marshawn without getting a quote from Marshawn.
Pete earned his reporter card today :p

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
irocdave":kyrmrgq5 said:

It's been so long I cant recall the exact words from Okie John but in essence he said the following. "we took that wild ass cat and stuffed it into a suitcase while wearing welding gloves. The cat "screwed" us up, even with the heavy leather gloves.

Might be THE funniest thing I've ever read in my LIFE!!!

irocdave

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":17x2unag said:
irocdave":17x2unag said:

It's been so long I cant recall the exact words from Okie John but in essence he said the following. "we took that wild ass cat and stuffed it into a suitcase while wearing welding gloves. The cat *screwed* us up, even with the heavy leather gloves.

I just cracked-the-Eff-up reading this. Even though I knew what was gonna happen...
cool story.............bro.

It was epically hilarious when two tooth Okie John told it back then. I had a hard time repeating it without all the racial slurs he used. What was more ironic wasthat we had several black guys in the crew shack at the time that found it as funny as us white guys.

On the same job (just east of what was "sound Mind and Body" gym in Fremont) We had a black laborer that was cool as hell. We were knee deep in the project and found out we had to clear out the middle of the job for the Fremont Fair / parade. Guess it involved thousands of naked bicyclists? The Monday morning after the freak fest this one black laborer who was in to bicycles was asked if he attended. His words as best I can remember were **** no, If I road my bike naked my shit would have been caught up in the spokes."

I don't know what it was on that job, so many firsts for me in people relations. Seattle black is much easier for me to understand than southern white, still is. The Seagull that exploded on the power lines, the crazy roided up white guy that jumped out of a boom lift 65' on to the 5th floor of the Evanston Building to beat up the one of the assistant Supts, carpenters nailing electricians bags to core gang forms and pouring them in....man lots of memories on that project.
Also remember helping drag a I5 jumper body out of the water as well as watching Paul Allen's first Yacht cruise the Canal while we were working a 16 hour day.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Re: Okie John goes to the "black part of town" and puts some random hurt and property damage on a bunch of guys that he doesn't even know! Hell, it could have even been a mom with car full of kids or something that picked up the case - that would have been great! And the hell they put that bobcat through, too! Har har!! I'm holding my stomach it's so hilarious. :?

Re: Tackling Beast Mode - I saw a clip of Luke Kuechly say about Marshawn: "He's a LOAD". I thought that summed it up nicely.

irocdave

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3ul7iq7p said:
Re: Okie John goes to the "black part of town" and puts some random hurt and property damage on a bunch of guys that he doesn't even know! Hell, it could have even been a mom with car full of kids or something that picked up the case - that would have been great! And the hell they put that bobcat through, too! Har har!! I'm holding my stomach it's so hilarious. :?

Re: Tackling Beast Mode - I saw a clip of Luke Kuechly say about Marshawn: "He's a LOAD". I thought that summed it up nicely.

Dude, go back to your urban flower websites. I work in the construction industry and real life things happen their. Black people can light up white people and vise versa. I've been in this environment for 25 years. It still comes down to the trade your in, not your race. Guess your world is all hunky-dory / kiss ass/ non real life filled? My world is filled with people that express their thoughts, black or white and you either deal with them or hide. That's the way things should be. This isn't yesterday dude, at least in my world it isn't. The first Superintendent I worked for was black and was the most hard assed, company driven person I have met. All the rest were the same ( and white) and now it's my turn.

Take your racism ball and shove it up your ass.

irocdave

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3dyqqlde said:
@irocdave ur stories remind me of talking to my wife's real dad. Blue collar tatted biker that's seen and done it all. We have some epic conversations about REAL life. No punches pulled. That's the only way I can get down.

I have no Tats and am hopefully not as old as your Father in law. I can see that I'm going to be pigeon holed as racist after that post. I was just relaying a funny story that I experienced in my lifetime. I like to do that because I enjoy humor. Before the accusations start pouring in I love Dave Chappelle. I have life experiences that most of the members on this forum do not have and never will. You cant pay for these experiences and it's not teachable.

olyfan63

Reaction score
...But you are being so politically incorrect! Oh my, what if brainwashed politicorrectitards read this? They'll make a mess in their clothes! It's OK, just "apologize", like everyone else does, and everything will be OK.

APOLOGIZE?? LIKE HELL!! That was funny schtuff!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
irocdave":19avez2f said:
hgwellz12":19avez2f said:
@irocdave ur stories remind me of talking to my wife's real dad. Blue collar tatted biker that's seen and done it all. We have some epic conversations about REAL life. No punches pulled. That's the only way I can get down.

I have no Tats and am hopefully not as old as your Father in law. I can see that I'm going to be pigeon holed as racist after that post. I was just relaying a funny story that I experienced in my lifetime. I like to do that because I enjoy humor. Before the accusations start pouring in I love Dave Chappelle. I have life experiences that most of the members on this forum do not have and never will. You cant pay for these experiences and it's not teachable.
Worked up in Seattle (Pile Buck), 70's & 80's building the floats for the Hood Canal Bridge, also did a ferry slip, there was always something funny going on.
Lot's of hard work, and lot's of fun.
Had a brother and a lot of Cousins & family in the trade up there too, ( mostly all retired now, including myself ) and I know exactly what you're talking about.
Ah the memories :16:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Um... what's this thread about again? Irocdave, was it necessary to derail this thread with a retelling of what is essentially a hate crime?

You say, "My world is filled with people that express their thoughts," then when someone does that exact thing in response to your story, you tell them to shove THEIR attitude up their ass? Serious question: do you not see the hypocrisy there?

Another serious question: why is targeting people for their skin color funny to you?

Seems to me it takes more guts to tell an Okie John that his actions are seriously F'ed up than it does to laugh along. I'm just expressing my thoughts, you know, like a real man.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Ataka-Facepalm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.