Is Sherman sand bagging on the elbow injury

LTH

Reaction score
I thought that he might have been trying to bait AR... I looked through the past posts and didnt see this subj...just wondered if anyone else might have thought he might be trying to bait Brady... I wouldnt put it past him is there a consensous on the subject?

LTH

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
It seemed legitimate to me, I'm sure by game time he'll be just fine.

I hope Brady tries!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I don't think he really would be one to do something like that. Personally I'm more worried about ET's injury.

WendellWent

Reaction score
LTH":102or2zo said:
I thought that he might have been trying to bait AR... I looked through the past posts and didnt see this subj...just wondered if anyone else might have thought he might be trying to bait Brady... I wouldnt put it past him is there a consensous on the subject?

LTH

You could see his arm bent back 10-20 degrees and whip back. It looked nasty. Kam told Sherm not to show it in his body language, so if anything I think he might have been underplaying it.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1hgu8uq2 said:
I don't think he really would be one to do something like that. Personally I'm more worried about ET's injury.

I was too, until I saw him light Lacy up into our sideline!

I think that shoulder could be braced up and heal quicker than Sherm's elbow...

As agonizing as it is, does anyone else enjoy the Super Bowl bye week to get our guys healthy?

OpHawk

Reaction score
Can't say the thought didn't cross my mind a few times... I'd have tried it too if I thought there was a chance they'd bite

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I don't think so . . . he's downplayed it more than played it up. Plus, they wouldn't ask him to speak at the press conferences if they wanted to make it appear like he was especially injured.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He's lucky his arm didn't snap in two the way Kam hit it. No, I don't believe he is sandbagging.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I havent heard much about how severe the injury is... maybe its to early or maybe they are just not saying...

Bryce84

Reaction score
Earl's injury concerns me more than Sherman's. Sherman has practiced in full both Wed/Thurs, Earl DNP in either. I don't think either should be factors on Super Sunday though, just based on the fact that Earl went back in the last game and didn't seem hindered by it much, if at all. Sherman's concerned me more immediately after the game, but practicing in full already relieves that concern a LOT for me.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I heard on Sports radio, that he was clearly in pain in the locker room after the game, so the answer is no, he was not baiting them to throw. And if you rememeber they did throw at him once, and it was pretty clear he wasn't fully using his left arm in that tackle.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The only mystery to me is how people can still speculate about this. The MRI results already came back as a sprain. Further, Kam tells him in NFL turning point: "don't let it show."

The information is out there and readily available. How can anyone still speculate unless they just prefer to turn a blind eye and instead follow the sensational narrative of preference?

UGotHawked

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3g7lzq90 said:
The only mystery to me is how people can still speculate about this. The MRI results already came back as a sprain. Further, Kam tells him in NFL turning point: "don't let it show."

The information is out there and readily available. How can anyone still speculate unless they just prefer to turn a blind eye and instead follow the sensational narrative of preference?

He also bolted for the locker room when the rest of the team was still celebrating. No sand bagging there.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He was in obvious pain and Kam was trying to get him to hide it even more.

No, he wasn't faking.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I think instead of speculating on if he was sand bagging, we should be in awe of how much of a warrior him and Earl are. Not to mention Kam playing hurt as well not only this season, but last season.

mirrikat45

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but to me, it looked like he definitely impacted his ulnar nerve. The ulnar nerve runs through the elbow (funny bone) and the underside of the forearm. It's one of the few nerves not protected by any other tissue. An impact like that would have caused a lot of swelling which presses on the nerve and sends pain throughout the whole arm and into the neck. If this is true, then it should heal up pretty quickly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1qd0638s said:
Yeah, Richard Sherman would never bait a quarterback.

*extremely skeptical smiley*

That being said, I don't think he was this time because he was still holding that thing like a piece of antique china after the game.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":37sdz9m6 said:
OkieHawk":37sdz9m6 said:
Yeah, Richard Sherman would never bait a quarterback.

*extremely skeptical smiley*

That being said, I don't think he was this time because he was still holding that thing like a piece of antique china after the game.

Of course he would bait the QB, just not with an "injury", and you know that's what I meant. He baits them all the time by appearing out of position, and they fall for it almost every time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
...I meant, of course Sherman would play up an injury to bait a QB in that sense, too. Why wouldn't he? Gain a competitive edge any way you can. Again, I don't think he was this time, however.

Why you makin' me Roethlisberger this, bro?