Seahawk SB XLIX Send Off Official Details

timmat

Reaction score
One of the great moments from last year's Super Bowl experience was the massive sendoff and fan turnout for the team buses departing for the game in NY/NJ. Has anybody heard anything about a departure time / route for this year? Hopefully another wonderful scene.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
timmat":k5r3u66p said:
One of the great moments from last year's Super Bowl experience was the massive sendoff and fan turnout for the team buses departing for the game in NY/NJ. Has anybody heard anything about a departure time / route for this year? Hopefully another wonderful scene.

last year it was Sunday Jan 24, the week before the game which was Feb 2nd. If they are on the same plan, I would think it would be this Sunday.
I do know to leave for it a little bit earlier this year because traffic as you got close was a standstill. We got their on time, but we were nervous we were going to miss it. It was a blast.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":nbs92h2a said:
timmat":nbs92h2a said:

last year it was Sunday Jan 24, the week before the game which was Feb 2nd. If they are on the same plan, I would think it would be this Sunday.
I do know to leave for it a little bit earlier this year because traffic as you got close was a standstill. We got their on time, but we were nervous we were going to miss it. It was a blast.

I heard they were having a regular practice week this week and heading to Arizona on Sunday. I would guess they'd use the same route they used last year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Official release from the Seahawks

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/12-things-12s-need-to-know-about-the-Seahawks-Super-Bowl-send-off/dce4f9fc-c428-40ea-be64-b8ac76e18717[/urltargetblank]

1. There will be no send-off access along Seahawks Way outside of Virginia Mason Athletic Center, the team's headquarters in Renton.

2. The send-off will happen this Sunday, Jan. 25 at 9 a.m. PT.

3. The send-off will take place in the city of SeaTac, where 12s are invited to line the 1.1 mile route of South 188th Street starting at 46th Avenue South toward 28th Avenue South.

4. You're encouraged to bring your 12 flags, signs of support, wear Seahawks attire, and cheer the Seahawks on as the team buses pass by en route to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

5. Parking is available in the city of SeaTac at Tyee Educational Complex (18650 42nd Avenue South, SeaTac), Chinook Middle School (4424 S188th #800, SeaTac), Bow Lake Elementary School (18237 42nd Avenue South, SeaTac) SeaTac City Hall (4800 South 188th Street SeaTac), Angle Lake Park (19408 International Boulevard, SeaTac), and the SeaTac Airport paid parking lot (7801 International Boulevard).

6. Travelers to SeaTac are encouraged to use the Hwy 518 exit from I-5.

7. I-5 exit 152 (188th Street and Orillia North and Southbound) will close at 8:30 a.m. PT. There will be no stopping, exiting, or access to 188th from I-5.

8. A couple roads will be closed near the send-off - Both directions of South 188th St. from Military Road to International Blvd. will close at 8:30 a.m. PT and both directions of International Blvd. and Eastbound S. 188th St. will close at 9:15 a.m. PT.

9. Air Cargo Road (28th Avenue South) will be closed to pedestrians and non-permitted vehicles due to construction.

10. Bring a friend. Carpooling will help alleviate traffic. Please be respectful of residential parking spots, keep intersections clear, and do not block private driveways.

11. Due to TSA security, there will be no access for fans to view players, coaches, and staff boarding the plane to Arizona.

12. Take lots and lots of photos and share them on social media using the #SeahawksSendOff hashtag.

150123sendoff600-map.jpg

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
We had a serious blast doing this last year. The 12s lined over a mile of South 188th

minormillikin

Reaction score
Wow, this thread should be a sticky with giant red arrows pointed at it. I missed out on this last year, but will go this time.