The key to creating HUGE quakes at the Clink

BigBallsPete

Reaction score
When the 12th man jumps up and down at the Temple of Boom, this is what happens:
http://www.komonews.com/sports/12s-Danc ... 41351.html

"..the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network says their scientists measured the largest man-made earthquake they've ever recorded at CenturyLink Field during Sunday's amazing comeback win over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship game.

But if you thought it was Marshawn Lynch's go ahead touchdown run in the 4th quarter, or Jermaine Kearse's game-winning catch in overtime that generated the largest squiggles on the seismometers, think again.

"The big moment was a couple of minutes after the 2-point conversion," Vidale said. That's when Seattle pulled ahead 22-19 with just over a minute left in regulation.

Wait, a couple minutes after the 2-point conversion?

"The crowd just got excited with the music and started jumping up and down and everything was swaying," Vidale said.

We shake the building (and scare everybody in the press boxes) every time we jump up and down so we should educate the 12s to make this part of the "experience" for opposing teams coming here.

themunn

Reaction score
Can't remember who it was that had an argument with me that it was the noise that caused Beastquake when I was saying it's definitely people jumping up and down that would do so.

I must admit that it surprises me that it's in the immediate aftermath where people were doing that most, I would have expected the moment the TD went in for people to be jumping up and down and cheering and hugging their friends and all sorts.

muxpux

Reaction score
On the broadcast, when they returned for the kickoff after te 2 point conversion they were panning around the stadium and nearly EVERYONE was jumping around like the kids at a Duke basketball game.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
769828b91ae4eaccf0546bd0d4e676cnbcnews ux 720 600

n Monday's blog post for PNSN, University of Washington professor emeritus Steve Malone said the "Dance Quake" recorded on Sunday after an improbable Russell Wilson-to-Luke Willson two-point conversion pass with under a minute and a half to go in regulation appeared to be even stronger that the seismic signal recorded during "Beast Quake."

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I was watching the stadium at that point and thinking that this was going to be a big quake.

I'm not sure why we were jumping at that point, but the whole stadium was jumping like I have never seen it before.

-bsd

minormillikin

Reaction score
We need to replace all the fancy plastic seating with metal bleachers that we can stomp on.

northseahawk

Reaction score
I don't know if this is something to be so excited about. Cant it have some form of affect on the ground stability or show vulnerability of the ground to earthquakes.

MexHawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":351xh3s8 said:
I don't know if this is something to be so excited about. Cant it have some form of affect on the ground stability or show vulnerability of the ground to earthquakes.

I'm more worried about the rhythmic jumping during songs, structures are vulnerable to these movements. But on the other hand, I'm sure the structural designers though about this too.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Temple of Boom needs to stick. I'm already using it from this day forward. Kudos to whomever coined it.

OP
OP
BigBallsPete

BigBallsPete

Reaction score
My friends and I have been calling it the Temple of Boom for a while, not sure where I first heard it though.

KatarHol

Reaction score
I heard the phrase temple of boom thrown around on the same show and day that the legion of boom nickname was coined.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Temple of Boom > Clink.

The Seahawks and Century Link will not back the name so it needs to be a grassroots effort

WendellWent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":j4wevr3y said:
I was watching the stadium at that point and thinking that this was going to be a big quake.

I'm not sure why we were jumping at that point, but the whole stadium was jumping like I have never seen it before.

-bsd

For those not a part of the game day experience, they play this Rick Ross song "Hold Me Back" when the defense comes on the field. It started a few years ago, just once or twice, and Big Red would always be hopping all over the field and getting everyone into it. Now they play it usually when the defense needs a big stop or something like that but in the NFCC game they played it right off the bat, first snap on defense. With the way the game went, I am not sure if it got played again....until we scored that 2 point conversion and the defense took the field with the lead for the first time. That song at which had played at so many huge moments in the years leading up this game, symbolized all that is great about this team and this fan base: Resiliency, loyalty, and heart. It was like a huge sigh of relief was let out in the stadium, and the fans just KNEW we had this game and they could finally let their inner Big Red out.

THESE HATERS CAN'T HOLD ME BACK!