Prices of SB tickets dropping

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I'm not sure this article is accurate. Prices have been increasing gradually on all the sites I have been following. The tickets on vividseats only appear to be lower because the prices don't reflect the site's 20% fee. The listed price of $1,875 is actually $2,286.

I am assuming these sites fed this (probably inaccurate) info in order to stir even more demand.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seahawks and Patriots fans have already gotten the chance to see their teams play—and win—the Super Bowl. So it's understandable fans are unwilling to pay top dollar for this year's game. But that might not be the only reason prices are low.

And so have fans of every team not named the Browns, Lions, Jaguars, Panthers, Eagles, Texans, Chargers, Bengals, and Vikings. (Off the top of my somewhat tipsy head; I may be missing a loser team or two.)

The only reasons they think ticket prices are dropping are because these two teams have been there before and won, and that most people hate hate hate them for some weird, unknown reason?

This game has the potential to be one for the ages. Seriously, there are quite a few intriguing story lines in this one. Belichick vs. Carroll. The New Guard vs. the Old Guard. A team that demolished the Broncos in last year's Super Bowl vs. a team that smashed General Androus Luck and the Colts in the AFC Championship game last week. Number one vs. number one. The magnificent Tom Brady vs. the legendary Legion of Boom.

Do the writers of this piece seriously think that if the Lions had Miracle Maxed their way to victory over the Cowboys and then the Seahawks and then the Packers, to play the Bengals, who somehow survived the gauntlet of three brutal, brusing AFC playoff games, that people would empty their pockets to watch that spectacle of stank?

No, it's not the teams. The teams are just fine. The teams are the two top teams not only left, but the two top teams in the league. First of all, it's partly the economy. It hasn't recovered nearly as much as Big Brother is proclaiming it has. People just don't have a lot to spend, especially on the ever-bigger-and-better extravaganza of the Super Bowl. And especially on a product of diminishing returns. Every year, the Super Bowl is more and more commercialized, everything more scripted, mashed into an ever-tightening noose of restrictions and liabilities and prohibitions. It's hardly fun anymore from purely a spectator's point of view. Sure, Seahawks fans and Patriots fans will have a blast, but the average, everyday NFL fan won't find it nearly as entertaining as in previous years.

And this is to say nothing of the fact that they're hosting it in the splendor, the magnificence of... Glendale, Arizona. Home of the... er... saguaro cactus maybe? Hell I don't know. Let me check the map again to make sure I know where it is. I know they have Gila monsters and sandstorms and cactus and three hundred degree temperatures in the middle of February. I know they have Arizona State University, a college known for its binge drinking to wash away the sand and grit and boredom that comes with living there. What I don't know is if they have one one-hundredth of the attractions and entertainment they did in the Big Apple last year.

So maybe, just maybe, it isn't about the teams. Maybe it's about the fact they're hosting it in a place where the state pastimes are binge drinking and watching sand blow by, and a place known best for setting the cruise on 85 and passing through with the windows rolled up and the air conditioning on full blast.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
There is also the question of is it worth it? I have the money to buy tickets, but I don't know if I want to spend it on going to the game. I will watch for sure, and make a family day out of it. I may even come up to Seattle to a sports bar party, but going to the game? I think I would rather spend my money going to regular season games at the Clink.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":1nmcy80u said:
There is also the question of is it worth it? I have the money to buy tickets, but I don't know if I want to spend it on going to the game. I will watch for sure, and make a family day out of it. I may even come up to Seattle to a sports bar party, but going to the game? I think I would rather spend my money going to regular season games at the Clink.

I agree...my wife and I are going to Phoenix to hopefully attend the game but I am not going to pay ~$3,000 each for a corner nosebleed seat. If prices don't come down we will just enjoy the weekend Super Bowl events and then watch the game in a sports bar somewhere.

SarcasticaLy

Reaction score
Since we're on the topic, here's a basis of comparison for you guys. I bought tickets the morning after on Vivid for $2900 (before the damn fee, ugh) for section 114 and the same section has gone up $500 since. *shrug*

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
SarcasticaLy":wd0z6lbm said:
Since we're on the topic, here's a basis of comparison for you guys. I bought tickets the morning after on Vivid for $2900 (before the damn fee, ugh) for section 114 and the same section has gone up $500 since. *shrug*

I have been tracking prices of tickets since December 12th. My assessment is that some prices have gone up slight in the last 3 days and others have remained around the same. volume for sale has decreased quite a bit since end of pats game on sunday but this is likely because in order to sell on many of these sites, there are strict rules about deliver etc. and given the league is in the process of distribution of the same, the volume has yet to be replenished. this was the case in NYC also.

i think SarcasticaLy is in part correct, lower corners have been in that range, but they were about $3400 on the 18th of december so hard to come to a definitive view as to whether $2900 is a decent price or not. that said, this exercise is not about getting the ultimate price, it is getting them for a price you are happy with and fit with your over all plans.

based on my information from last year and for the other 4 past SB's, i would expect the most tickets to be for sale this sunday and then all bets are off as to where the prices go from there.

SarcasticaLy

Reaction score
Touché. I'm content with my purchase and by content, I mean ECSTATIC. Even though we're favored for next year's SB ALREADY, they don't come along very often. I vowed to go last year but didn't wanna cough up $4000 by the time decision time came around to pull the trigger. DEF not gonna miss the opportunity this time around. Also, I'm not gonna book everything BUt the tickets and take my chances on getting them on Sunday and end up empty handed. Not a risk I'm willing to take.

Go Hawks!! CANT WAIT!!!!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
tix on a further increase today with supply lower. looks to be about 5000 on the resale but i have noticed more actual seat assignments on SH versus zones so perhaps capacity is coming into the market.

i think that only after we see volumes of tickets stabalize will see prices decline.

i will add that last week you could get club 10 yrd line seats for 3180 so people should be careful at upper endzones for 2700 currently. just saying.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Last I saw they were going up. $3,000.00+ at the moment. But even if ticket prices were to drop, good luck not spending a small fortune to fly down there and find a decent place to sleep.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
SarcasticaLy":2l5jbfac said:
Touché. I'm content with my purchase and by content, I mean ECSTATIC. Even though we're favored for next year's SB ALREADY, they don't come along very often. I vowed to go last year but didn't wanna cough up $4000 by the time decision time came around to pull the trigger. DEF not gonna miss the opportunity this time around. Also, I'm not gonna book everything BUt the tickets and take my chances on getting them on Sunday and end up empty handed. Not a risk I'm willing to take.

Go Hawks!! CANT WAIT!!!!

I do not recommend going back to see what your tickets cost later. Have fun at the game!

SarcasticaLy

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2wxpiwb6 said:
Last I saw they were going up. $3,000.00+ at the moment. But even if ticket prices were to drop, good luck not spending a small fortune to fly down there and find a decent place to sleep.

Don't worry, def no buyers remorse here. Already accepted what I've soent. I used to live there so I'm good with lodging. Tho I did book Marriott in Glendale for $450/night just in case, which is unbelievable. There's jo flights to Phoenix and I didn't think to check Tucson so I gotta fly into Vegas and drive first thing in the morning.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
Another travel plan. I have made flight arrangements but holding out for better prices on game tix. We got a round trip with rental car From Seattle to LA for $356 apiece. Vegas was a couple hundred more when we booked yesterday. I believe LA is also a little longer of a drive. Both Vegas and LA were way less than flying to Phoenix.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey Blitz, this is exactly what we book yesterday. RT for 2, direct flights Seattle to LAX, $630 RT total for two of us.
It's a 6 hour plus drive, but compared to all the other airports, this was the cheapest. I wish I would have booked sooner, but had to still sell my extra ticket yesterday etc. Oh well, just feeling incredibly lucky to be finally going to a game. Don't care how we get there or how long. We get in Friday after noon, and leave Monday.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":b47qppks said:
Hey Blitz, this is exactly what we book yesterday. RT for 2, direct flights Seattle to LAX, $630 RT total for two of us.
It's a 6 hour plus drive, but compared to all the other airports, this was the cheapest. I wish I would have booked sooner, but had to still sell my extra ticket yesterday etc. Oh well, just feeling incredibly lucky to be finally going to a game. Don't care how we get there or how long. We get in Friday after noon, and leave Monday.

Just checked again , yes going to lax is the best way to fly , I do know people who are driving they left on Tuesday morning and just arrived they are staying with there relatives they said they were lucky not to hot any snow but do bring chains was a little ice

tooshort

Reaction score
My only regret of this excursion is that I didn't book on 1/18 the only airbnb/rental house in Glendale(actually sun city) that didn't realize a Superbowl was going on. 10 bedrooms, sleeps 24, infinity pool, two hot tubs....

Can you Imagine the party if 10-24 of us had hopped on that @ $575 per night before they realized what was happening and bumped the rate to $6400 a night

OOOPS!!!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jake206":wgjxwetg said:

I knew this article was full of doo-doo. Really glad I didn't listen to them and bought my tickets early. Can't fault these sites for trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of the game. I just don't like the fact that some people may have listened to this misinformation and are now priced out of attending.

Resale Prices For Super Bowl XLIX Tickets Rise To Record Levels

The current average list price for Super Bowl XLIX tickets at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., is $6,500, making it the most expensive Super Bowl that TiqIQ has ever tracked. That average is 110% more expensive than it was at the same point one year ago. Last year on the day of the game, the secondary market average was $2,500 and you could likely get in the stadium for closer to $1,000. This year, the cheapest ticket will likely be triple that, and the average will almost certainly close above $5,000, which would make it the most expensive Super Bowl—or any other event– since we started tracking the market back in 2010.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawren ... l-tickets/

SuperBowl-Ticket-Prices-2010-2015.png

mikeak

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":2bsemmcq said:

FINALLY - I thought i was the only one thinking like that. I can have a super nice weekend in Seattle with dinner, lodging and fantastic seat seeing the Seahawks at home vs ONE nosebleed seat at the Super Bowl...

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
The more I see ticket prices JUMPING up the more I can justify cancelling my travel plans. I purchased "cancel for any reason" trip insurance. The airfare won't be refunded but a credit issued for use at a future date so I'm not really out anything except seeing our Seahawks win a super bowl in person.

After hearing this afternoon that my son turned down lower level tickets for he and his wife (our plans were for all three of us to go) for WELL below fair market value because there were only two available and not three, I just seem to be getting more and more pissed off seeing the ridiculous ticket prices.