Rodgers - Wilson is the new Brady - Manning

kearly

Reaction score
Get used to it guys. Packers fans better too. These teams are going to be seeing each other in January more than a few times over the next decade.

Threedee

Reaction score
Or perhaps we'll keep facing a random #4 seed team while Romo-Rodgers determines which team gets to come here and face Wilson...

ivotuk

Reaction score
I LOVE it! The pundits are finally going to have to face up to the fact that Russell Wilson is an elite Quarterback!

I was thinking about this the other day, with Harbaugh gone (I wanted him to stay), the Seattle-San Francisco rivalry isn't going to be what it was.

But the Green Bay - Seattle rivalry, hooo baby! After "Wail Mary" and now the "Discount Double Choke," there's going to be some serious fire coming out of Green Bay and directed towards the Seahawks. Especially with the way that Rodgers likes to talk.

Then there's the Green Bay - Seattle connection with players and front office personell, Mike Holmgren, Matthew Hasselbeck, John Schneider, (Breno Giacomini). Etc. etc. I love rivalries 8)

Rat

Reaction score
I said many times (I think in either '07 or '08) that Brady Quinn - Drew Stanton would be the next decade's Manning-Brady.

There's still time, but I was probably wrong.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rodgers and Green Bay are probably happier about San Francisco's implosion then we are. As was said upthread I will be fine if Rodger's vs. Wilson is the new Brady vs. Manning as long as Wilson is Brady in this little rivalry.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This actually make sense.

NFL didn't have to worry about the NFC because there's no shortage of rising star QBs. And before it was Wilson-Kaepernick, Wilson-Newton as a draw but Wilson has done so well he's graduated to the big boy group and the NFL will likely start banking on the Wilson-Rodger match-ups. Seahawks play the North every three years, and for the forseeable future Seahawks /Packers look to be the best teams in their Division. And there is always the Play-Off match-ups... which is going to.be thhe biggest rivalry now that the 49ers disbanded.

AFC however you have Manning, Brady on the ropes and Rivers and Roethlisberger aren't that far off behind them.

And then you got their upsold wunderkind Luck and then Flacco, Dalton, and Tannenhill as the next big things. Puke.

It wouldn't surprise if Jerry Jones and the Browns were the only teams that wanted Jonny Manziel.

And the NFL had to talk Jones down from drafting Manziel, so the AFC could get another young superstar hype-QB to pair with Luck.

And Dean Blandino probably met with the Jones on the party bus, which is also serves as a rolling isolation chamber from electronical listening devices, and the NFL thus granted the Jones special favors for not drafting Manziel... Cowboys OLINE/WRs/TEs can get away from obvious holding violation and they'll keep the games close as possible in favor of the Cowboys if its not obvious.

Then Detroit Lions happened and it was obvious, and than Blandino was ratted out for the "Party Bus" (with conspiracy theories welcomed) and then the NFL had to back off and save face...and told Jones look we helped you get this far... now its your destiny to control... then the biggest opportunity NFL got with the Dez Bryant non-catch... they took it... so no one would dig deeper into the truth because a lot of people were starting to really question why the Refs seemed to be turning a blind eye towards the Cowboys blatant infractions especially all the holding they were getting away with.

I bet the NFL is pissed that Mariota will go to the Bucs with already Brees, Ryan, and Newton in that Division.

Sorry Kearly for kind of derailing your thread with random craziness but you more or less bloomed this lunacy of a thought.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkgal has it right.

The Packers are probably happier about SF's impending implosion than we are. The Niners owned them in the playoffs and it wasn't even close.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
I think Wilson should be more worried about the real Brady coming up in just under 2 weeks. Brady isn't ready to pass the torch just yet.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think you're 100% dead on with this. And since the north doesn't seem to be much of a challenge for the Packers to keep winning... We're probably going to see them a lot over the next several years, a la the Pats-Colts and Pats-Broncos matchups.

Call me crazy but even with Arians being a great coach.. I don't see that Cardinals team overtaking us any time soon.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HeatEquation":37qwjh5t said:
I think Wilson should be more worried about the real Brady coming up in just under 2 weeks. Brady isn't ready to pass the torch just yet.

Thanks for reminding Russell Wilson about that, I'm sure when he was ready to post in this thread this instant reminder served him well.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3105xzfg said:

That some impressive logic.

Or just really bad reading comprehension. You're aren't Gisele are you?

That would explain so much, including the English as a second language problem and the wish to be known as a mathematician.

HansGruber

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2dm6m357 said:
Already happened.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rodgers is the older QB stuck with one ring forevermore, Wilson's the younger & better-looking QB accruing rings at the speed of light?

Works for me.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
No Wilson-Luck is the next Brady-Manning.

Rodgers is 31 years old, he's in his prime.

Luck and Wilson have 12+ years and neither have even begun seeing their peak.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Can't have a true epic long-term rivalry between two QBs in different conferences, they'll never face each other anywhere near often enough.

Tical21

Reaction score
If Mariota goes to Philly he joins this conversation sooner than later.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":o8k42r0y said:
Can't have a true epic long-term rivalry between two QBs in different conferences, they'll never face each other anywhere near often enough.

They can if the NFL wants it.

Latest posts