Beast Mode was the real MVP

theascension

Reaction score
Out of all the stories from the game yesterday I think beast modes performance might somehow slip under the radar. He missed 15 tackles. FIFTEEN. He was legendary yesterday. 3rd and 6 in the shotgun in the 4th quarter? Yeah I'll just get 11 yards please.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/19/refo-packers-seahawks-nfc-championship/
How do you get 156 yards when you're down 16-0?!
Take out offensive mistakes by Russell and that game would have been a blowout with over 200 yards rushing (not complaining about the result but Russ better not do that in the SB).
We better recognize and at least give him plenty of shots in the Superbowl.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Oh I don't think anyone missed that. I couldn't pick between him and Sherm though. Can we have one offensive and one defensive MVP?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Same story, different game. We were not giving the ball to Lynch enough in the first half -- just five carries. There were some squandered opportunities to get him the ball on first and second down.

153 yards tied a career high for Lynch but most of that damage was done in the 4th Quarter.

OP
OP
T

theascension

Reaction score
First half reminded me of San Diego. I think the Carolina game got us way too confident about the passing game and that's why both of our first couple drives were run for 3 yards, pass pass. I'd much rather see us run 70-80% of the first quarter. Those body blows as we've seen ALWAYS get the beast going late.

kjreid

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2gwycncm said:
Same story, different game. We were not giving the ball to Lynch enough in the first half -- just five carries. There were some squandered opportunities to get him the ball on first and second down.

153 yards tied a career high for Lynch but most of that damage was done in the 4th Quarter.
Give him the ball in the first half? We didn't have the ball enough in the first half to give him the ball

Largent80

Reaction score
What was the T.O.P for the 1st quarter?.......It seemed like we had the ball less than a minute.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kjreid":ki024bc5 said:
hawknation2015":ki024bc5 said:

Give him the ball in the first half? We didn't have the ball enough in the first half to give him the ball

For example, there were two 2nd and 7s in the First Quarter where I was screaming for them to run the ball. If they gave the ball to Lynch in those situations, he could have extended those drives with a first down or given us a 3rd and short.

Against the Patriots, I hope they allow Lynch to set the tone right from the start of the game. If they do, we can pick those LBs apart with play action.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
In the words of the immortal Teddy KGB, "Pay that man his money."

Chawks1

Reaction score
122 of his yards came in the second half. PAY THE MAN

Zybot

Reaction score
Largent80":ruvauz9n said:
What was the T.O.P for the 1st quarter?.......It seemed like we had the ball less than a minute.
I think we had the ball for 2:20 through most of the first half. We also had 11 total yards (-3 passing, 14 rushing) for the longest time.