57 minutes w/o Read Option...why...WHY?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I have the highest rushing QB in the league. I should probably abandon that part of our gameplan

-Bevell

Why in the hell didn't we run that more? In the first series it was promising and then we didn't see it again until 3 minutes left. Insane play calling

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I knew we couldn't go a whole day following a win without a Bevell topic...

Oh well, onto the SUPERBOWL

themunn

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2xqby9ql said:
I have the highest rushing QB in the league. I should probably abandon that part of our gameplan

-Bevell

Why in the hell didn't we run that more? In the first series it was promising and then we didn't see it again until 3 minutes left. Insane play calling

they spied us all game. it wasn't even that effective after 57 minutes either, our biggest plays came on standard runs to Lynch and passes by Wilson that weren't intercepted

Nog

Reaction score
Agreed. There're some mysterious ways -maybe- to understand Bevell. He will attack on the stronger aptitude of defensive opponents :lol:

No wonder why no one want him to be head coach...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":ezoe17c1 said:

Neat, I knew we couldn't go all day without a Bevell fanboy running to his defense.
Oh well, onto the SUPERBOWL.

See what I did there?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8ko1wtry said:
Hawkfan77":8ko1wtry said:

Neat, I knew we couldn't go all day without a Bevell fanboy running to his defense.

See what I did there?
Fanboy? No, but if that's what you want to focus on after a huge win, by all means

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
themunn":m9refqc6 said:
falcongoggles":m9refqc6 said:

-Bevell

they spied us all game. it wasn't even that effective after 57 minutes either, our biggest plays came on standard runs to Lynch and passes by Wilson that weren't intercepted

The go ahead TD was a read option play and Wilson walked in. Not sure what game you were watching.

gmo

Reaction score
was wondering all game where the read option was. Seahawks destroyed them Game 1 with it (granted also using Harvin as the third option).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2vb6mpwg said:
themunn":2vb6mpwg said:
falcongoggles":2vb6mpwg said:

-Bevell

The go ahead TD was a read option play and Wilson walked in. Not sure what game you were watching.
Wait so you think just because Russell kept the ball there, that was the time they called a read-option play?

hawk45

Reaction score
Even if they were spying, nothing else was working and we needed something to diversify during that period of time where every pass sailed or was deflected into the waiting arms of a defender.

There were times we did run it and Wilson just didn't keep it, so maybe that was all part of the legendary Russell Wilson crap-a-thon of 2015 (followed immediately by the legendary Russell Wilson miracle of 2015).

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
falcongoggles":mjyrdpwf said:

There were 16 running plays for Lynch in the first 3 quarters, including the first drive of the 3rd quarter which was 3 carries for 9 yards and a punt. 7 of those were read option according to espn stats. I'd say that's a pretty good mix all things considered.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Well, IMO, the Oline was getting their arses beat most of the game!
Bailey was getting abused by Julius Salt...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":zrpmmn3d said:
Sports Hernia":zrpmmn3d said:
Hawkfan77":zrpmmn3d said:

See what I did there?
Fanboy? No, but if that's what you want to focus on after a huge win, by all means
No, not focused on it, but you certainly are, just pointing out the stupidity of your post, simple as that.
I'll be enjoying a Super Bowl run while your defending your hero like there is no tomorrow, thanks for your concern however. :th2thumbs:

pehawk

Reaction score
There was really no excuse for not using the zone read all game, actually. ESPECIALLY with Richardson's speed not being out there. PA off the RO levels the playing field for that WR corp, a lot.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2dc4uczv said:
falcongoggles":2dc4uczv said:
themunn":2dc4uczv said:
falcongoggles":2dc4uczv said:

-Bevell

Wait so you think just because Russell kept the ball there, that was the time they called a read-option play?

That was text book read option sir.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":kuyrfs14 said:

Why would we?

The team played like garbage on offense for the majority of the game.

Alot of it was poor play calling.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2hg0j65i said:
Hawkfan77":2hg0j65i said:

Why would we?

The team played like garbage on offense for the majority of the game.

Alot of it was poor play calling.

Amen. The play calling was trash and the next game is against a better opponent in the SB. Of course people want answers.

Tical21

Reaction score
We ran a ton of it. Dunno what game you guys were watching. Our read-option isn't a true read-option. It is a handoff to Marshawn unless you can't. Russell wants to hand it off if at all possible, time and time again, so when he needs to walk into the end zone on a big play or convert a big 3rd down, he's got the keep in his pocket. Marshawn ran for 157 tonight. I think the running game worked just fine. The passing game was the issue.

We saw man coverage over and over again and couldn't complete passes against it. Primary guys weren't getting open and Russell didn't appear to be making it through his progressions. We had some guys coming open on some of the limited plays where you could see into the secondary.