Another great article by Bill Barnwell

StoneCold

Reaction score
It's possible the Packers could slip some long passes behind our DB's, It's possible that Mathews could be used to slow down the run and spy on Wilson to contain his play making when out of the pocket. Getting one of those is likely, but getting all 3? It's not easy to beat Seattle in Seattle.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfc-c ... -seahawks/

Also check out het awesome block by Luke Willson on Mathews in the second gif. So sweet.

SC

Hawks46

Reaction score
The one big problem I can see with trying to use your MLB to spy Wilson is that you leave open the other Willson.

I'm not sure Matthews has the foot speed to stay with Willson anyways. Spying Wilson, and giving a couple of read steps towards the LOS when he starts to move around is going to open space for Luke Willson, and that could really sting.

WIllson is either going to drop it, or blow downfield for 40 yards. As an example, notice that AZ blitzed their MLB's in that second game, and look what happened.

APB

Reaction score
There's another thing to consider when analyzing Green Bay's opening week defense. The Packers were trying out their new "Quad" defense for the first time and, in case you hadn't heard, it was an abject failure. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal published an article about the defense here.

Suffice to say the defensive personnel packages will be a little different this time around. Will they be successful? I guess we'll see on Sunday.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Adams had a huge seven-catch, 117-yard game against the Cowboys last week, but going from the 5-foot-10 Sterling Moore to the 6-foot-3 Sherman is like, well, going from being covered by Sterling Moore to being covered by Richard Sherman. It’s a lot tougher, you know?

Best line of the article.

Latest posts