Dan Quinn won't be upset if he's passed over for jobs

hawknation2015

Reaction score
RENTON, Wash. -- Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said there would be "no disappointment" if he is passed over as a head coach this hiring cycle. Quinn is considered one of the top candidates for a head-coaching job but he is unavailable for first interviews until Seattle's season ends. Quinn can, however, interview with the Falcons and Bears a second time if Seattle wins. Jan. 25 is the cutoff for such talks. The Broncos, who have expressed interest, would have to wait.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-for-jobs

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Cool, I like his attitude. I have heard some worry that he won't be as focused on his DC duties during the playoffs because of all the interviews and such. I can't see that happening myself. That just isn't the Hawks way these days. No way anyone in our organization isn't doing everything within their means to be 100% prepared for each game. Heck, Bennett even has, "No Sex Wednesdays." That is some commitment right there:) Love this about our team, the focus and commitment. The separation is in the preparation.

Go Hawks!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The longer he maintains our ridiculously amazing defense, the more options he'll have when he does want to become a head coach. It's really a no-lose situation for him to wait at this point, though obviously I'm also being greedy in my desire for him to stay with us another year. :)

QuahHawk

Reaction score
He should stay one more year. If Jax doesn't take major steps forward Bradley could be a candidate to replace Quinn or even join Quinn at his new gig.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":35h2jar0 said:
RENTON, Wash. -- Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said there would be "no disappointment" if he is passed over as a head coach this hiring cycle. Quinn is considered one of the top candidates for a head-coaching job but he is unavailable for first interviews until Seattle's season ends. Quinn can, however, interview with the Falcons and Bears a second time if Seattle wins. Jan. 25 is the cutoff for such talks. The Broncos, who have expressed interest, would have to wait.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-for-jobs

And cross the Bears off that list, as they're going with John Fox.

So basically, only Atlanta can distract Quinn between the NFCCG and the SB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Our coaches and assistants have been in the coaching game long enough to realize what a fantastic situation coaching in Seattle is.

So it's not like Quinn's in Cleveland or Oakland pleading to baby Jesus every night for a HC position so he can GTFO of his position. If the right situation comes along, he'll take it. If not? It's cool with him, cause he gets to continue to work with Pete on the best team in the NFL in a really nice city.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4f78t2b7 said:
The longer he maintains our ridiculously amazing defense, the more options he'll have when he does want to become a head coach. It's really a no-lose situation for him to wait at this point, though obviously I'm also being greedy in my desire for him to stay with us another year. :)

Greed is eternal....Number 10 in the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition... :shock: :twisted:

http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/