Any word yet of a flyover?

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if there will be a flyover or who is going to sing the national anthem? For some reason I can't seem to find any details online.

ptisme

Reaction score
i5roadrunner":2gu6n0tc said:
Has anyone heard if there will be a flyover or who is going to sing the national anthem? For some reason I can't seem to find any details online.
I thought Obama did away with that during the shutdown and it never came back?

Reaction score
i5roadrunner":3954jgrd said:
Here's your answer :)

http://www.sanjuanislander.com/u-s-...p-game-flyover-by-nas-whidbey-island-growlers

Weather permitting, two EA-18G Growlers and one MH-60 Seahawk from Naval Air Station (NAS) Whidbey Island will conduct flyovers over CenturyLink Field just prior to the start of the NFC Championship Game between the Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers on Jan. 18, 2015.

Kickoff is scheduled for 12:05 p.m.

The EA-18G aircraft will orbit overwater between Bainbridge Island and Seattle at low altitude for approximately 20 minutes prior to overflying Century Link Field for the start of the game. Routing has been coordinated with Seattle Air Traffic Control and the FAA to avoid interfering with air traffic into SEATAC and Boeing Airfield.

All three aircraft will be piloted by individuals from the local Western Washington area. The Growlers will be from two different Electronic Attack Squadrons, VAQ-130’s Zappers and the Patriots of VAQ-140.

NAS Whidbey Island is the home base for all of the U.S. military operational Growlers, the U.S. military’s premier electronic attack jet aircraft.

The MH-60 Seahawk helicopter is from NAS Whidbey Island’s Search and Rescue (SAR) unit which conducted 35 rescue, medical evacuation and search missions that saved 47 lives in the local area last year.

Smellyman

Reaction score
taima-650.jpg

OP
OP
I

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":apya3c04 said:
i5roadrunner":apya3c04 said:
Here's your answer :)

http://www.sanjuanislander.com/u-s-...p-game-flyover-by-nas-whidbey-island-growlers

Weather permitting, two EA-18G Growlers and one MH-60 Seahawk from Naval Air Station (NAS) Whidbey Island will conduct flyovers over CenturyLink Field just prior to the start of the NFC Championship Game between the Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers on Jan. 18, 2015.

Kickoff is scheduled for 12:05 p.m.

The EA-18G aircraft will orbit overwater between Bainbridge Island and Seattle at low altitude for approximately 20 minutes prior to overflying Century Link Field for the start of the game. Routing has been coordinated with Seattle Air Traffic Control and the FAA to avoid interfering with air traffic into SEATAC and Boeing Airfield.

All three aircraft will be piloted by individuals from the local Western Washington area. The Growlers will be from two different Electronic Attack Squadrons, VAQ-130’s Zappers and the Patriots of VAQ-140.

NAS Whidbey Island is the home base for all of the U.S. military operational Growlers, the U.S. military’s premier electronic attack jet aircraft.

The MH-60 Seahawk helicopter is from NAS Whidbey Island’s Search and Rescue (SAR) unit which conducted 35 rescue, medical evacuation and search missions that saved 47 lives in the local area last year.

Awesome, thanks!!!