Sherman is Settling Down a Bit

Kevin28n

Reaction score
Richard Sherman seems alot more humble this year compared to last year and the year before that.
His master plan was probably to come into the league, cause havoc, and make a name for himself. Get his name out there and it worked. Hes a house hold name nowadays. When you think Seahawks, the first player you think about is Richard.
But this year hes seems to have settled down a bit and really come into his own on and off the field.
He was really quiet in the beginning of the season with that slow 3-3 start and not getting any interceptions until like the 6th game? I really like hows hes handled himself with the media this year. Seems like hes saying all the right stuff and not stepping on anyones toes. We havent had a Sherman controversy in awhile.
Sherman gives alot of respect and credit to other players. If you listen to his press conferences, the way he talks about other players, he gives them credit and shows respect. He doesnt take any personal shots.
On the field, im sure he still smacks talk but it doesnt seem as prominent as before. And after games he seems to be a good sport. Doesnt rub it in the opposing teams players faces. He shakes hands and talk to the players.
Sherman has seemed to gown up alot since years past and i really like the new Sherman.
I like a player that lets his play do his talking like marshawn. He doesnt need to say anything, they know whats up.
The reason why i brought this topic up is because the way he made a name for himself, alot of people misunderstood Sherman. they were calling him a thug and all these names. All his smack talk stuff over shadowed how intelligent Sherman really is and what type of person he really is off the field with his charity's and events.
Im sure all these people calling him a thug dont even know he graduated from Stanford.
But now people can really see who he is, beyond just the smack talk.
I really like the new matured Sherman though. Smack talk is cool but it over shadowed his play.

thats just what i noticed so i thought id share my thoughts.
Anyone else noticed this as well? Or is it just me? lol

GOHAWKS

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I've also noticed this, he's a lot more normal, its nice to see.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Two things, he boycotted the media for a while this year since they published his address and a bunch of dumb ass 12s showed up on his door step.

Second, HE's made it, EVERYONE knows him. he's got his endorsements.

He did everything he did for a reason and it's been accomplished.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The man is getting paid. He wasn't back before he went off on Crabs. Mission accomplished.

OP
OP
K

Kevin28n

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2sfu9bpz said:
Two things, he boycotted the media for a while this year since they published his address and a bunch of dumb ass 12s showed up on his door step.

Second, HE's made it, EVERYONE knows him. he's got his endorsements.

He did everything he did for a reason and it's been accomplished.

You got that right. Hes smarter than people think.
That was his plan all along! And all the haters played into it lol.
GOTTA LOVE THE HATERS!
Wouldnt be the same without em ;)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Like I said before last season, he's smart. a communications major at stanford. Everything he did was orchestrated to get his name out there.

not only for himself and his own prosperity, but his 'antics' gained him the recognition to raise tens of thousands of dollars for charities.

He's known exactly what he's doing since day 1.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Pete talked about this in an interview. If I remember correctly, he said Sherman had a plan when it came to promoting his brand and Pete trusted him to manage things so it wouldn't be a distraction from his play on the field. I'd say Sherman has succeeded in his goal of becoming a household name and is now using that recognition to reinvent himself in the minds of the general public.

OP
OP
K

Kevin28n

Reaction score
Reaneypark":dp6grmle said:
Pete talked about this in an interview. If I remember correctly, he said Sherman had a plan when it came to promoting his brand and Pete trusted him to manage things so it would be a distraction from his play on the field. I'd say Sherman has succeeded in his goal of becoming a household name and is now using that recognition to reinvent himself in the minds of the general public.

Pete said that? i must of missed that video. So yeah, that confirms it.
His plan all along. We all knew what he was doing.
Smart smart man. haters can keep hating while he laughs all the way to the bank.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Kevin28n":20bumdhv said:
Reaneypark":20bumdhv said:
Pete talked about this in an interview. If I remember correctly, he said Sherman had a plan when it came to promoting his brand and Pete trusted him to manage things so it would be a distraction from his play on the field. I'd say Sherman has succeeded in his goal of becoming a household name and is now using that recognition to reinvent himself in the minds of the general public.

Smart smart man. haters can keep hating while he laughs all the way to the bank.

I think it was a radio interview from last year on KIRO.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Smart man. Cause havoc and get all eyes on you even if it's half love and half hatred (or mostly hatred). Walk the Walk. Get paid, then become company man so you KEEP those endorsements.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Reaneypark":xjny4oy6 said:
Kevin28n":xjny4oy6 said:
Reaneypark":xjny4oy6 said:

I think it was a radio interview from last year on KIRO.

Sherm also wrote this in his MMQB column last year talking about him interviewing people in New Orleans before the Super Bowl :

"Most of these football fans... didn’t even know who I was. That’s unique to our sport—the helmets shield our identities. Look at Antrel Rolle, who had one of the best seasons in the NFL for a safety, and he didn’t even make the Pro Bowl until he became an alternate. There’s Alterraun Verner and Aqib Talib, who could really make a case to be first team All-Pro, but weren’t considered because they’re not the loudest players. You’re anonymous until you put yourself out there or show up in a big game. I did both."

His actions are 100% calculated.