Warren Sapp - "Bruce Irwin"

nwHawk

Reaction score
Watched this morning's GameDay First, and Warren was asked if this year's defense was better than last year. He said "you know what, I can't say that...because that NASCAR front of Chris Clemmons, "Bruce Irwin", Michael Bennett and the rest of them and then Red Bryant is out of the middle. ... but they hungry".

HEY IRWIN (Irvin), you're having a very good season.

Pick them :
Carolina Panthers - Sterling Sharp

Go Hawks! Shut up the doubters!

CANHawk

Reaction score
I like warren Sapp, but just for the comic relief. I don't take his opinions very seriously. He's a bit of a buffoon.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Looks like Sapp, Sterling, Michael Irvin, and possibly Faulk believe Carolina has a great shot at the upset. I hope the Hawks destroy the Panthers.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3u6mwzyc said:
Red Bryant is out of the middle? Did this guy even watch the Hawks last year?

As with a lot of mediot Hawk coverage (still), clearly ....no.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
nwHawk":6te543ee said:
Looks like Sapp, Sterling, Michael Irving, and possibly Faulk believe Carolina has a great shot at the upset. I hope the Hawks destroy the Panthers.

They are all drooling on the Panthers this morning. Nauseating.

Faulk should know this because he was on the team, but the Seahawks have not lost a home playoff game in a decade. I know they are trying to hype the game up, but Carolina does not have the offense to win this game, period. They are not scoring 17 + pts in this game, no way. They are talking about Stewart like he is Gale Sayers and all of a sudden Cam Newton is an elite passer.

Just who is Newton going to throw to? We will take Olsen and Benjamin out of the game...so whats left?

I can't get over the caliber of teams that Carolina has beaten in their "amazing" streak. Oregon could probably beat some of those teams, especially the wingless Cardinals.

I was not impressed with their win last week, and I'm not impressed with the fact that teams they have beaten in their streak are like 22-42. Garbage.

In case anyone wants to play the "homer" card, I give both Dallas and Green Bay a good chance in our house. But they are light years ahead of the Panthers offensively.

Mad respect for the Panthers resiliency and defense, for sure. But it's not enough in our house.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Sterling was the only one, anywhere, to pick the Rams over Hawks in week 17. Guess he's not buying the hype.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2og5mn0x said:
nwHawk":2og5mn0x said:
Looks like Sapp, Sterling, Michael Irving, and possibly Faulk believe Carolina has a great shot at the upset. I hope the Hawks destroy the Panthers.

They are all drooling on the Panthers this morning. Nauseating.

Faulk should know this because he was on the team, but the Seahawks have not lost a home playoff game in a decade. I know they are trying to hype the game up, but Carolina does not have the offense to win this game, period. They are not scoring 17 + pts in this game, no way. They are talking about Stewart like he is Gale Sayers and all of a sudden Cam Newton is an elite passer.

Just who is Newton going to throw to? We will take Olsen and Benjamin out of the game...so whats left?

I can't get over the caliber of teams that Carolina has beaten in their "amazing" streak. Oregon could probably beat some of those teams, especially the wingless Cardinals.

I was not impressed with their win last week, and I'm not impressed with the fact that teams they have beaten in their streak are like 22-42. Garbage.

In case anyone wants to play the "homer" card, I give both Dallas and Green Bay a good chance in our house. But they are light years ahead of the Panthers offensively.

Mad respect for the Panthers resiliency and defense, for sure. But it's not enough in our house.

Right.

I especially like how "Riverboat Ron" is now extra special because his house caught on fire. I've always liked Rivera, but I'm sure he has insurance and a really really nice hotel suite for awhile. Can't imagine the hardship...poor guy.

dradee

Reaction score
That comentating crew were great players but as analysts nothing but buffoons!

stack600

Reaction score
Just Giving the Panthers there 30 seconds of fame.
They know there is no chance in Hell and they will be talking bout us for the next 3 weeks and all off season.
GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Steve2222

Reaction score
FWIW Sharpe picked the Rams to beat us Week 17 too. I don't think he's basing his pick off anything. He's just trying to be the guy who can pick the unexpected if it happens. If the Seahawks win, it's whatever. If they lose, Sharpe can be like "see told you guys!"

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
You're right whoever said they're just trying to get people to watch--nobody wants to watch an ass-stomping blow-out. Not that I'm saying that's what I think is gonna happen, or nothing, just......

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Steve2222

Reaction score
It's funny. People are actually trying to hype this game up. I know, even Panthers fans, don't realistically think the Panthers have a chance. All I keep hearing is "but the Panthers have played them so tough in the past." But let's look at this.

All those games were in Carolina.
Seattle since Wilson took over is 24-2 at home, which includes two playoff games.
This is Cam Newtons first trip to Seattle. Most QBs don't fair too well here as is, let alone first trip.
This is basically every member of Carolinas first road playoff game.
The Seahawks are an even bigger animal in prime time, when everyone is watching.

Steve2222

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3b3sg0l6 said:
That's why I hate this game.

Every single element is stacked in the Seahawks favor, they should win, they are favored to win... the other team shouldn't even be on the field. On paper and by the eye, this is a complete and total mismatch.

And that is ALWAYS the type of game that this team plays poorly in. They have a major problem taking games seriously when they absolutely should win it, but damn if this game doesn't smell like a trap.

I think .... Tampa Bay last year, Arizona last year, Dallas this year...

Ugh.

What about the Rams this year at home? The Rams and Panthers toughness wise are basically carbon copies and we won comfortably.

The past two years they're 16-2 at home........RELAX

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Lords of Scythia":3v4rue0e said:
You're right whoever said they're just trying to get people to watch--nobody wants to watch an ass-stomping blow-out. Not that I'm saying that's what I think is gonna happen, or nothing, just......

GO HAWKS!!!!!

This.

This game is PRIME__TIME!!!!!

They HAVE to hype it up. A blowout is not good for ratings. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers of some of these shows aren't telling them to say the Panthers are going to win for the sake of making the game sound more competitive than it is.

This game might be close through 3. We'll pull away in the fourth. It's how you finish.

Steve2222

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":p5sbkfz7 said:
Steve2222":p5sbkfz7 said:
What about the Rams this year at home? The Rams and Panthers toughness wise are basically carbon copies and we won comfortably.

The past two years they're 16-2 at home........RELAX

I don't know about you, but I was anything but comfortable during the first 3/4 of that Rams game, ha!

I never had doubts we'd win, but true the first half was some bad football.

Seattle won't overlook them. They've won 5 straight. Petes got that drilled in their heads plus the competitiveness of their previous 3 games.