Seahawks - Panthers Referee - Terry McAulay

lukerguy

Reaction score
Yup. All of the refs of the divisional games are candidates for the SB 49 which means:
One of Levy, Vinovich, Steratore and McAulay will ref the SB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lukerguy":n7ivyqjq said:
Yup. All of the refs of the divisional games are candidates for the SB 49 which means:
Only one thing to do at the Superbowl then..."nuke the site for morbid"...leave no opening for the referee to be a factor in the least.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2edwpwzt said:
lukerguy":2edwpwzt said:
Only one thing to do at the Superbowl then..."nuke the site for morbid"...leave no opening for the referee to be a factor in the least.

Naw....Just WWF the game. No toe tangles or fancy pancy stuff....just body slams. he he he :mrgreen: :twisted:

JonRud

Reaction score
I am very happy about this news. McAulay let the Hawks play in the Super Bowl and called the game fair.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":lzyk04wy said:
MizzouHawkGal":lzyk04wy said:
..."nuke the site for morbid"...

What? Do you mean 'nuke the site from orbit'? Because what you've said there doesn't make any sense.
Yeah that's the one. :oops:

I was thinking about that line in "Aliens"..."nuke the site from orbit...just to be sure."

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
JonRud":1w3i2gzg said:
I am very happy about this news. McAulay let the Hawks play in the Super Bowl and called the game fair.

Mixed crews though. The referee really only calls things like roughing the passer and occasionally offensive holding; the downfield officials who decide on defensive penalties may be totally different than those we got in the Super Bowl.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1h7edm6d said:
MizzouHawkGal":1h7edm6d said:
peachesenregalia":1h7edm6d said:
MizzouHawkGal":1h7edm6d said:

What? Do you mean 'nuke the site from orbit'? Because what you've said there doesn't make any sense.

I was thinking about that line in "Aliens"..."nuke the site from orbit...just to be sure."

WRONG, the correct line is "I say we nuke the site from orbit....it's the only way to be sure..."

And the movie you're thinking of is actually Avatar, another Sigourney Weaver sci-fi movie.
Never get in a fight with a movie buff I guess, especially one that can't get their movies right but you got the gist either way.

Polaris

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":6jbm3bhf said:
MizzouHawkGal":6jbm3bhf said:
peachesenregalia":6jbm3bhf said:
MizzouHawkGal":6jbm3bhf said:

WRONG, the correct line is "I say we nuke the site from orbit....it's the only way to be sure..."

And the movie you're thinking of is actually Avatar, another Sigourney Weaver sci-fi movie.

Actually the movie in question is Aliens (Alien II). It may have been said in Avatar as well, but it was first said in Aliens.

Polaris

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":343fdyy2 said:
Polaris":343fdyy2 said:
Actually the movie in question is Aliens (Alien II). It may have been said in Avatar as well, but it was first said in Aliens.

No no no, you must be thinking of that other Michael Biehn movie, Terminator II: Judgement Day, with Edward Norton.

No I'm not. You can look it up if you like, but She makes that quote in defiance of the corporate rep when the ship is about to lift off from the infected world in Aliens.

Edit: YouTube ref clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Why in the heck would you mix crews and chemistry this late in the season? Is Rodger trying to screw up the game???

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Polaris":37ax0gr0 said:
peachesenregalia":37ax0gr0 said:
Polaris":37ax0gr0 said:

No no no, you must be thinking of that other Michael Biehn movie, Terminator II: Judgement Day, with Edward Norton.

No I'm not. You can look it up if you like, but She makes that quote in defiance of the corporate rep when the ship is about to lift off from the infected world in Aliens.
Actually, that line is used twice in Aliens. Once when Ripley said it, and then a bit later when the corporal said it.

Back on topic, I really like having McAullay as a ref.

I don't know if Levy will survive the divisional round (probably not), but if he does, and we end up having him for the NFCCG, at least I won't be worried about a SBXL* redux.

pehawk

Reaction score
Game over, man. We're done, put a fork in us.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":38tpi0yd said:
pehawk":38tpi0yd said:
Game over, man. We're done, put a fork in us.

Yes, this is a very famous line delivered by Bill Paxton in his supporting role in that sci-fi classic, Apollo 13.

Pretty sure the line you must be thinking of is "Houston, we have a problem."

Except it's from Bill Paxton's finest movie: "Titanic."

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Oh man.. if we get to the Super Bowl and Leavy does the game again.. we're set!

There's no way he screws us twice. :lol:

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2gpzuqsa said:
Hudson: Let's just bug out and call it even, man! What are we even talking about this for?
Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/quotes

Yeah, but Hicks said it too. He said it to Carter Burke (Paul Reiser's character) after it was established that the mission was under military jurisdiction and that Corporal Hicks was technically the highest ranking survivor after the losses of Lieutenant Gorman and Sergeant Apone.

He reiterated what Ripley had said earlier to a resounding "F*ckin' A!" from private Hudson.

Of course, all of this happened in the 1987 film "Predator." Classic.