Panthers crowd noise article

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Aside from Carolina having a player on their roster who was there for the 2005 conference championship game, this was the most interesting part of the article:

Injury update: No. 3 receiver Philly Brown suffered a subluxed shoulder injury during Saturday’s win against Arizona, an MRI revealed this weekend, and he’s listed as day-to-day.

Brown, a rookie, does not have structural damage to his shoulder. A subluxed shoulder injury essentially means shoulder instability.

Brown is Carolina’s lone speed option at receiver. He did not play in the Oct. 26 game against Seattle because of a concussion. If he can’t play this weekend, Brenton Bersin likely would see more time at receiver.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/0 ... Kwi5WRV-u0#storylink=cpy

Any insights from our Panthers friends on Bersin? Or thoughts on the severity of Brown's injury?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I always get bersin of the panthers and beasley of the cowboys mixed up because they both have a certain joe dirt flair to them.

Rsin nfl preseason buffalo bills carolina panthers

Cole+Beasley+New+York+Giants+v+Dallas+Cowboys+XoJJHGSO2i0l.jpg

Joe dirt

panthers4life

Reaction score
Any insights from our Panthers friends on Bersin? Or thoughts on the severity of Brown's injury?

Bersin is primarily a feel good story for the roster. Practice squad guy that made the 53 this year as the only other player ever in the NFL from Wofford College aside from our owner Jerry Richardson, which might have something to do with it.

He's a decent athlete and can find holes in coverage and has shown fairly decent hands outside the punt fielding fiasco against Arizona. He's made a few plays for us over the course of the year but with guys like KB, Olsen, Philly and Cotchery in front of him the opportunities have been limited.

With that said, word is that Philly will play Saturday and that his injury is a pain management issue only.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Based on what I have read, it looks like Rivera is staying with Bersin on punt returns.

Advantage: Seattle.

panthers4life

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":8uccgjjd said:
Based on what I have read, it looks like Rivera is staying with Bersin on punt returns.

Advantage: Seattle.

Bersin has had some nice returns, judged by his body of work he's a serviceable returner with sure hands. Judged on the Arizona game, where the punts were all coming up horribly short, in the rain to boot, isn't quite fair. If I had a concern it would be that he may have taken a hit in confidence, which is not what you want headed into the Clink.

We'll see though, the way he goes about his business he's probably fielded 1000 practice punts already.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
panthers4life":2ur3nid2 said:

Bersin is primarily a feel good story for the roster. Practice squad guy that made the 53 this year as the only other player ever in the NFL from Wofford College aside from our owner Jerry Richardson, which might have something to do with it.

He's a decent athlete and can find holes in coverage and has shown fairly decent hands outside the punt fielding fiasco against Arizona. He's made a few plays for us over the course of the year but with guys like KB, Olsen, Philly and Cotchery in front of him the opportunities have been limited.

With that said, word is that Philly will play Saturday and that his injury is a pain management issue only.
Cool story. Thanks. We love our UDFAs and practice squad guys over here too, so I can relate.

googoodan

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3qdjpkz3 said:
Aside from Carolina having a player on their roster who was there for the 2005 conference championship game, this was the most interesting part of the article:

Injury update: No. 3 receiver Philly Brown suffered a subluxed shoulder injury during Saturday’s win against Arizona, an MRI revealed this weekend, and he’s listed as day-to-day.

Brown, a rookie, does not have structural damage to his shoulder. A subluxed shoulder injury essentially means shoulder instability.

Brown is Carolina’s lone speed option at receiver. He did not play in the Oct. 26 game against Seattle because of a concussion. If he can’t play this weekend, Brenton Bersin likely would see more time at receiver.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/0 ... Kwi5WRV-u0#storylink=cpy

The only play he has made all season was a decent punt return against you guys. Otherwise, his job is usually to call a fair catch. I believe he scored a garbage time TD this season. Otherwise, another poster was correct that he's mainly a feel-good story. He does have good size (6'3) and hands, but he isn't a deep threat.