Hawks sign DT Landon Cohen to Active Roster

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/552211073344876545[/tweet]

Fills the spot clear by the release of Travion Robertson.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn't mean bad news for Hill, but I have to think it does.

Here's some more info on the guy: http://www.profootballrumors.com/seahawks-sign-landon-cohen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

According to Pro Football Focus’ advanced metrics (subscription required), the former seventh-round pick posted a grade of -16.4 in ’13, though most of that was a result of poor run defense — he rated as a slightly above average pass rusher, with nine total quarterback pressures.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":mahxz6ra said:
He's my favorite of the Cohen brothers.

9/10 - Well done!

I don't think this means a thing for Jordan Hill. Hawks had an extra roster spot...a freebie...most teams will use that for additional & rotational bigs.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ypa8l8x said:

Here's some more info on the guy: http://www.profootballrumors.com/seahawks-sign-landon-cohen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

According to Pro Football Focus’ advanced metrics (subscription required), the former seventh-round pick posted a grade of -16.4 in ’13, though most of that was a result of poor run defense — he rated as a slightly above average pass rusher, with nine total quarterback pressures.

They've had an open spot on the roster since the 12/26. They had to fill it with someone and Robertson got claimed by Washington and they need a body for practice.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ytp1wlhx said:

No, I think Pete Carroll is looking at a potential showdown with the Cowboys and want's as many wide bodies as he can find. Our legion of boom healthy can shut down their passing attack, it's their running game that we need fresh bodies for. If the Cowboys can't run the ball, game over...

Seafan

Reaction score
Cohen was briefly with the Hawks in 2011 so Quinn knows him.

Doubt he is active this week unless Hill doesn't make it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seafan":23utxbhl said:
hawknation2015":23utxbhl said:
Seafan":23utxbhl said:
Cohen was briefly with the Hawks in 2011 so Quinn knows him.

He was here from Sep. 4-10, 2011, a total of six days.

That's what briefly means.

Wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out what a brief time it was: six days. Was he hurt? I noticed he didn't sign with another team until July 25, 2013.

pehawk

Reaction score
Everything I read indicates JSeahawks favorite Cohen was a very, very surprising cut this preseason. That he played extremely well for the Bills, but just couldn't crack that deep Bills rotation. He's the small, gap-filling type.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Cohen was PFF's #2 rated (graded) DT overall during the 2014 pre-season with Buffalo.

kjreid

Reaction score
Nice, he had a couple of good years, he is very good at getting around his guy but once he is "latched" on he gets moved nearly everytime. very quick on the ball and must have first move work or he is done.