Hawk health

Smellyman

Reaction score
Is this the healthiest Hawks have been all year including opening game as far as starters are concerned? I know no team is probably their healthiest at this point of a season, but it is the best the hawks have been for a long time imo. Not to mention they havent had a bye since week 4 and for once they get an extra week of rest.

Miller and Mebane hurt and some backups are out, but 1-22 is pretty good especially if Unger returns. A lot of nagging injuries to begin the year, Kam and Irvin and I think others I am missing.?

This team will absolutely have their hair on fire for the Panthers.

EDIT: Knock on wood.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smellyman":3pztv6k1 said:
Is this the healthiest Hawks have been all year including opening game as far as starters are concerned? I know no team is probably their healthiest at this point of a season, but it is the best the hawks have been for a long time imo. Not to mention they havent had a bye since week 4 and for once they get an extra week of rest.

Miller and Mebane hurt and some backups are out, but 1-22 is pretty good especially if Unger returns. A lot of nagging injuries to begin the year, Kam and Irvin and I think others I am missing.?

This team will absolutely have their hair on fire for the Panthers.

EDIT: Knock on wood.

Wagner (Foot), Chancellor (Hip and Ankle), Lane (Groin, IR designated to ret. Came back in November). Irvin (hip) started slow after missing all of TC and pre-season. Burley had hammy issues for awhile, as did Richardson and Kearse. Let's hope the major infusion of good health continues.

I'm loving the thought of having Unger back. He's the boost we needed to really get this offense over the top. It comes at a perfect time, because we're still not sure if and when Jordan Hill will be ready, so more consistency in sustaining drives will help our D out.

The improved OL play, combined with fresh legs on D, may well be the complementary combo we need in case Hill is out for the next game or longer. Shudder at the thought of not having him for Dallas and beyond, should we make it to the big show. In any event we have to be able to move the ball better against Dallas this time around. No points and barely any first downs in the 1st half last time we met. How abysmal we looked. I don't want to see that again anytime soon.

Latest posts