Getting to Game on Saturday

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
So every game I've ever been to has been as an out of towner, thus staying at a hotel and taking a shuttle to the stadium. Now that I live in Bellevue I'm wondering if there is an easy way to get to the game? I don't want to drive, so the only options I've thought of is bus or cab. It seems like there's a good bus line to the stadium from where I live and timed appropriately, but I'm worried if traffic on game days effect the bus lines or if the estimated travel times are still pretty accurate? Thanks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saw a link to the bus/train schedules to the Seahawks home games here:

[urltargetblank]http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Event-services/Seahawks[/urltargetblank]

Hope that helps

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Driving isn't too bad if you don't mind paying for parking. We park in a garage across from the stadium that lets out a right-hand turn away from 405. Takes some time waiting before you can get out but once you're out it's smooth sailing all the way to Bellevue.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
From Bellevue I'd take the Sound Transit 550 Route from the South Bellevue Park and Ride. They come every 10-15 minutes and will drop you off right in the International District.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I routinely snag a bus at the South Kirkland Park and Ride because there are several lines that you can jump on that go into the tunnel. Hop off at Pioneer Square station and walk. I usually get a bus a couple of hours before game time so traffic isn't an issue, but things might get tight after you merge onto I5 from the 520 bridge if you try to cut it close.

There are other options for driving into Seattle and snagging free street parking away from the Clink and bussing in, but you'll have to research those for yourself. That info is like elk hunting info.

- bsd RPA

Pak-Man12

Reaction score
I know light rail drops you off right at the front door and there is no traffic to slow you down. I'm not sure if that helps you in Bellevue though, no idea what the mass transit looks like over there. I always take the train though.

Shippy

Reaction score
I take the 545 from Redmond for every game. Pre-game is not usually an issue time-wise. The routes will definitely be thrown off for about an hour after the game, though, and the first couple buses during that time will be packed to the brim. My wife and I typically take that time to walk somewhere and grab a bite to eat. Then we hop on the next nearly-empty, on schedule bus.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Where in Bellevue? I live by lake samamish Every day into Seattle I park at the Eastgate park and ride and take the 212 into seattle. On hawks games I believe its the 550 or 554 or something like that.

Go to the metro site, type in eastgate park and ride as your starting spot (or any other park and ride for that matter) and then the clink. then the time you want to leave and boom goes the dynamite.

http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/

Latest posts