just ordered this bird skull mask for the game - paint?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to paint this thing up in seahawks colors:

HS-26345.png

Any paint recommendations that will do a good job of keeping the darker detail, some kind of transparent spray paint that will only cover the light areas with the darker ones showing through maybe?

muxpux

Reaction score
Just off the top of my head airbrush sounds like what you'd want. I'm no artist though, that's just my casual thought

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Great mask. Just a couple pinstripes to make it pop like the logo design

Feed the Hawk

Reaction score
If you're going with spray paint, I would suggest using paint marked 'Satin' as it comes out softer than regular spray and adheres better to a surface like plastic without running. Rustoleum has a large line of satin paint under the brand name 'American Accents' that you can find at home depot. That line of paint also has numerous shades of green and blue to choose from.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Feed the Hawk":33jji1vo said:
If you're going with spray paint, I would suggest using paint marked 'Satin' as it comes out softer than regular spray and adheres better to a surface like plastic without running. Rustoleum has a large line of satin paint under the brand name 'American Accents' that you can find at home depot. That line of paint also has numerous shades of green and blue to choose from.

I got some paint at HOME Depot and they mixed it for me. I would go get one of those mini spray air units for 20 or so and get some paint from home depot. fill containers with the colors you want after practicing on it with the old colors and have fun with it. Practicing would help you learn what you want to do. The kit I am talking about is a TESTORS model car spray paint set. It was 18 original price, I got it on sale at 14.50. Good luck.
Oh and probably talk to them about a clear coat if you are working on a plastic skull. If it is a real skull...not a good idea.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":176t297v said:
Oh and probably talk to them about a clear coat if you are working on a plastic skull. If it is a real skull...not a good idea.
uhhh, it fits over his head, if that were a real skull what the hell bird would that be? :shock:

@OP: Really cool mask. Post us up some pics of it when it's finished. :th2thumbs:

Here's a link to a place that sells paints for latex masks:
http://www.monstermakers.com/category/h ... ants.html/

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's bad ass. Please keep us posted on the progress. Personally I would go with a pro airbrush artist to do it right.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pro Airbrush artist or maybe a Hawk fan that does custom Airbrush on automotive paint may hook you up also.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Can't wait to see the results! Such a badass idea. I hope it gets TV time. EASILY one of the best HAWKstumes© EVER if execution is on point.

To take it a step further, try to find some (long, realistic) feathers to stick out of the jersey you wear. Same color scheme as the mask, obviously...almost like a *Cinereous Vulture.
you might rival SeaHulk if done right! I'm kinda jealous that I didn't think of this!

* I think that's the type of vulture.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hah my only problem is our seats aren't great but we have gotten some cameras in our area in the bigger games. Its more just fun for me to turn game day into a party and no better place to do it that the clink. I doubt i'll have time to get much done with this this season because of my work schedule between games but next year I hope to put a full costume together.

endzorn

Reaction score
If you round off the very tip of the beak you could probably paint a good likeness of Kaepernick.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
this bird face inspires too much confidence in his flock to ever pass for kaepernick.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hah...got this thing delivered today. it's almost too cool to paint over, maybe i'll just do some subtle light blue/green highlights in some spots.

Need to get some creep gloves or something.

6xPOxqY

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawknballs":160yw2as said:
hah...got this thing delivered today. it's almost too cool to paint over, maybe i'll just do some subtle light blue/green highlights in some spots.

6xPOxqY
That is sick, man

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":268o9ra0 said:
Hawknballs":268o9ra0 said:

6xPOxqY
That is sick, man
Agree...
You must buy a crappy mask or two. Use these for practice. Research the mask material and see what will work best.
Then take said medium and practice on the crappy masks. Research vids on youtube for techniques. When you feel confident...go to work on that mask.

It will be such a sick sick concept. You could even continue the arrows on the mask.

Do it.

You must.

Kakaw for Life.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":8rk9h58b said:
Where did you find that mask?

Midieval Collectibles.....as in the first post on the OP....hmmm. It was hard to find the exact page too. But he can probably point it to you.