Just saw Zach Miller at Bellevue Square

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So I just saw Zach Miller today at Bellevue Square, no pics for proof, but I got no reason to lie and living in downtown Bellevue you kind of spot Seahawk players around the area pretty often. Anyway, he was in a walking boot. I guess that season ending injury was a bit more serious than we thought. Especially considering he wasn't placed on IR for a good few weeks and was listed as "questionable" until then.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":39ra03zb said:
Yep...and he looks like he might be walking his way out of a Seahawks uniform by next year.

As much as I love seeing him play, I can see what you mean. He's awesome WHEN he plays, but i feel the past three seasons he's spent easily 1/3 of each season injured.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's not like he's all that old, but the injuries are starting to mount up.

I can see us bringing him back, but it's going to have to be a value contract. We have the roster space; it's not like he's taking up a roster spot that some talented young TE needs. Willson is still developing and can split reps with Miller, Moeaki is another injury risk that we can't trust full time, and Helfet is a bit light in the pants, and we've seen him be beat up when he gets regular reps as well.

Unless we draft a TE in the draft, I can see Miller coming back next year. His blocking and hands are elite, but he's got to stay on the field.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I saw him too. He was sporting a Mariners hat.

Dude looks like hes in football condition minus the boot.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I can see John and Pete bringing back Miller next year and signing him to a contract based on how many games he can play in. In industry, we call that "piece work". However, his agent may not allow such a contract.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I doubt he is back next year regardless if he takes a pay cut or not. If Bevell or Cable take gigs somewhere else I can see him following them or maybe even landing in Jacksonville. Simila

drdiags

Reaction score
He re-did his contract for a 2 yr deal. The team doesn't have to do anything but I could see them cutting him. I doubt he would take another cut in pay to sign a prove-it deal. I could see him asking to be released if Cable got a HC job, if he wanted to follow him. Dude is a baller but injuries have been nagging at him for a couple seasons now.

kearly

Reaction score
Miller is one of the bigger bargains on the team among non-rookies. Moeki is far more injury prone and only slightly cheaper. And not as good. Miller bought into this team sooner than most, I think he stays.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We won't really be up against it cap wise and he restructured last year and is much more affordable. I'm with kearly, I don't think he's getting cut.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1h6mni5w said:
Miller is one of the bigger bargains on the team among non-rookies. Moeki is far more injury prone and only slightly cheaper. And not as good. Miller bought into this team sooner than most, I think he stays.

Agreed. The only way we don't see Miller next year is if he loses the season again to injury. Same for McCoy.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2zkpheu6 said:
Bigpumpkin":2zkpheu6 said:
Yep...and he looks like he might be walking his way out of a Seahawks uniform by next year.

As much as I love seeing him play, I can see what you mean. He's awesome WHEN he plays, but i feel the past three seasons he's spent easily 1/3 of each season injured.

Hmmnm, sure this year he only played 3 games but lets check something out.

In 2013 he had a snap count of 717 which was 70.8% of the offensive snaps for the full regular season. He did miss 2 games

In 2012 he had a snap count of 850 which was 83.5% of the offensive snaps for the full regular season. He missed no games that season.

What the Hawks do with the TE position should be a interesting during the off season. Moeaki and McCoy are FAs, while Miller, Willson, and Helfet are still under contract. I do expect the Hawks to draft a TE but the TE class this year is fairly weak compared to prior years. Regardless what happens with the TEs I just pray they stay fairly healthy in 2015

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I would hate see Miller be on another team next year

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Miller was the biggest offensive loss this year. Wilson was just playing on another level when he had Miller's pass pro and steady hands. I hope he's back next year, as we would only save $3 million by releasing him. We've needed three different TEs to compensate for his loss this season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Miller is an extremely important part of the Offense. I agree, that with the contract he re-negotiated last year, he's not going anywhere.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
kearly":13xp8tu4 said:

This

mikeak

Reaction score
Don't forget how good he is in protection. Doesn't show up on the stat sheet but the coaches know...

shawnsim

Reaction score
jammerhawk":26p6hixt said:
kearly":26p6hixt said:

This

Hope so. He is a great TE. The others are serviceable. That's it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Miller is still by far the best TE on this team. I don't know what their plans are, but honestly, you don't save much by cutting him. Moeaki, Willson and Helfet are also prone to getting banged up, and Moeaki is really the only other true TE in that group.

zifnab32

Reaction score
ZagHawk":xvem7pll said:
Bigpumpkin":xvem7pll said:

He's missed:

2011: 1 game
2012: 0 games
2013: 2 games
2014: most of the season

outside of this year he's been very durable

Latest posts