If Quinn or Bevell leave....

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think it's Kris Richard's job if DC goes. He's the man behind the LOB. What better credentials are there than that?

trharder

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised of Pete hired within the existing organization. But the best and brightest young coaches out there would likely be chomping on the bit to coach under Pete if he were to go shopping.

Ken Norton seems like such a cool guy that I'd like to see him as DC if he wanted it and has aptitude.

Seafan

Reaction score
Soto, Richard are potential hires for other teams as well. I could see teams in need of DC coming after these guys.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Yeah I see Richard as the DC. The real interesting hire would be OC if Bevell left. I wonder if he'd frustrate us as much as Bevell does.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seto would be the favorite, and I think Travis Jones would be next in line. Both have more experience than Richard, and Pete tends to like his DC's to be more front 7 guys than backfield guys.

Richard will get his shot, though.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Ken Norton liked where he was as a coach, as for the rest? Just going to have to wait and see.

McGruff

Reaction score
Mojambo":lwohralx said:
What about offense?

Internally the name that makes the most sense on offense is RB coach Sherman Smith, who had a successful but short stint as OC of the Redskins in 2009. But I suspect Carroll might look outside the organization if Bevell leaves. One interesting option would be Jim Zorn.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Bevell is not getting even a sniff of interest from other NFL teams so little chance of us needing a new OC. (The only rumor I've heard associated with him is Wisconsin but they've hired a coach.) And only a small chance of losing Quinn even if we don't make it out of the division round. If we do advance to the NFCCG there is almost no chance of losing Quinn. Fun to think about but pretty much a non-starter.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I believe it was reported that Bevell has already interviewed with one NFL team. Can't remember who it was though.

dbmack

Reaction score
Mojambo":z747hvxc said:
I believe it was reported that Bevell has already interviewed with one NFL team. Can't remember who it was though.
The Raiders.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yea, Bevell supposedly had an interview with the Raiders, who are down to Plan C as Plan A, Gruden, says he's staying in the broadcast booth and Plan B, Harbaugh, is on his way to Michigan.

I know a lot of 12's don't like Darrell Bevell, but we're more dependent on him than we are Quinn. Make no mistake, this is Pete's defense, and the wheels won't come off the wagon no matter who they bring in as DC.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":3chblc62 said:
Yea, Bevell supposedly had an interview with the Raiders, who are down to Plan C as Plan A, Gruden, says he's staying in the broadcast booth and Plan B, Harbaugh, is on his way to Michigan.

I know a lot of 12's don't like Darrell Bevell, but we're more dependent on him than we are Quinn. Make no mistake, this is Pete's defense, and the wheels won't come off the wagon no matter who they bring in as DC.

It's Pete's offense philosophically as well- run first, take care of the ball, get chunk yardage in the passing game. Granted, he is probably a little more involved with the X's and O's on defense than he is offense, but it's not a Rob Ryan situation where the HC has no clue. Both coordinators are caretakers of Pete's philosophies and could be replaced without too much fuss given the new coordinator is at least fundamentally aligned with Pete's core values.

OpHawk

Reaction score
I would be very interested what the offense could look like with a fresh playcaller. Every now and then Bevell seems to call a great game but there are so many instances when I want to bang my head against the wall with the play calls. I can't remember the exact game this season but we were on the goal line with one shot to get in (mighta been on a 2 pt conversion) and we go 5 wide in an empty set, instantly taking half of the possibilities off the board. Stuff like that is so frustrating.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawkFan":1hceo8oe said:
I read somewhere that Ken Norton liked where he was as a coach
I remember that also. Ken likes being a LB coach. Of course, some time has passed since then, and he might aspire to something more now, but he has been happy and content where he is.