Rank potential staff losses

pugs1

Reaction score
With all the staff members being interviewed rank them in the order you would least like to see them go.

1. Trent Kirchner described as our GM's right hand man I'd least like to see draft secrets walking out the door.
2. Tom Cable I know the pass blocking has been substandard but he has done well with all the injuries on this line.
3. Darrell Bevel I know he is everyone's favorite punching bag but he has his moments
4. Dan Quinn I would hate to see Quinn go but with the talent we have he would be the easiest to replace

I got to think not many will have Quinn 4th

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Maulbert":fmgt6upw said:
1. Quinn
2. Bevell
3. Kirchner
4. Cable

I question how good Cable is. He's supposed to be a lineman whisperer, yet it continues to be our greatest weakness.

What if he really is a lineman whisperer and this is our offensive line playing above their expected abilities? That's a scary thought.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2q9gdl40 said:
Maulbert":2q9gdl40 said:
1. Quinn
2. Bevell
3. Kirchner
4. Cable

I question how good Cable is. He's supposed to be a lineman whisperer, yet it continues to be our greatest weakness.

What if he really is a lineman whisperer and this is our offensive line playing above their expected abilities? That's a scary thought.

That just blew my mind! Never even considered that and hope it isnt true!

OP
OP
pugs1

pugs1

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2yqgffgg said:
Maulbert":2yqgffgg said:
1. Quinn
2. Bevell
3. Kirchner
4. Cable

This is the reason why I have him second IMO Cable is coaching them up.

Maulbert

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":32kt7r3k said:
Maulbert":32kt7r3k said:
1. Quinn
2. Bevell
3. Kirchner
4. Cable

Then I'd question his ability as a talent evaluator, as Sweezy is the one guy he wanted for that has really come through consistently. Carpenter is a near bust, we dumped Moffitt before he retired, and Britt sucks as a pass blocker. Bowie looked promising before ballooning up, getting hurt and then getting cut.

Mick063

Reaction score
I wouldn't celebrate the loss of any of the staff.

The team is the reigning champion with a punchers chance of another. Don't mess with success.

I don't want to rank them because I don't want to lose any of them.

Jville

Reaction score
pugs1":1vi12w32 said:
1. Trent Kirchner described as our GM's right hand man I'd least like to see draft secrets walking out the door.

A clarification would be useful here.

Trent Kirchner is the Director of Pro Personnel.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tom Cable was brought in to help create the best running game in the NFL.

Mission accomplished.

I suspect if/when Cable and Bevell are gone, people will realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

jkitsune

Reaction score
1. Quinn
2-3. Bevell/Cable
4. Kirchner.

If Cable is 'coaching them up' and this is their talent level, and he drafted most of our OL, that's a problem in itself. Cable has done a great job with our run game, but our lack of a consistent passing attack, despite a highly skilled QB, is a consistent weakness of our team. The Hawks are great. Arguably among the best ever in several respects. They could be even better. Their passing game could be more consistent. Their pass protection could be better. IMO, these weakness fall, in some combination, on Bevell, Cable, and their players.

While I don't think it's a slam dunk we get someone better than Bevell or Cable, I think it's more likely that we are able to replace them than Quinn, even with PC on board.

If we still have JS, I don't mind losing Kirchner, but I admit I hadn't ever heard of him before now.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Maulbert":1v2ogm62 said:
Then I'd question his ability as a talent evaluator, as Sweezy is the one guy he wanted for that has really come through consistently. Carpenter is a near bust, we dumped Moffitt before he retired, and Britt sucks as a pass blocker. Bowie looked promising before ballooning up, getting hurt and then getting cut.
:177692: :34853_doh:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
jkitsune":3rosnsjt said:
1. Quinn
2-3. Bevell/Cable
4. Kirchner.

If Cable is 'coaching them up' and this is their talent level, and he drafted most of our OL, that's a problem in itself. Cable has done a great job with our run game, but our lack of a consistent passing attack, despite a highly skilled QB, is a consistent weakness of our team. The Hawks are great. Arguably among the best ever in several respects. They could be even better. Their passing game could be more consistent. Their pass protection could be better. IMO, these weakness fall, in some combination, on Bevell, Cable, and their players.

While I don't think it's a slam dunk we get someone better than Bevell or Cable, I think it's more likely that we are able to replace them than Quinn, even with PC on board.

If we still have JS, I don't mind losing Kirchner, but I admit I hadn't ever heard of him before now.
Cable doesn't draft anyone

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2791heof said:

Mission accomplished.

I suspect if/when Cable and Bevell are gone, people will realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
This.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Out of the coaches, I think losing Bevell would be a huge positive. Addition by subtraction, I'm sure the guy is a wonderful human being but the guy is a horrible play caller, end of story.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":19z20m6t said:

Mission accomplished.

I doubt it when it comes to DB. The same folks said the same thing when Bradley left and Quinn was/is quite an upgrade.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hey, Hawkfan77, I know he doesn't draft anyone. But all those guys I mentioned? PC and JS have stated on more than one occasion they were guys Cable ASKED for. They get him what he wants. When they don't come through, that's on HIM. Don't be so smug. :141847_bnono:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3oqypx4g said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3oqypx4g said:

Mission accomplished.

I doubt it when it comes to DB. The same folks said the same thing when Bradley left and Quinn was/is quite an upgrade.
Is Quinn "quite the upgrade" though? I mean, the Hawks finished #1 in scoring defense Bradley's last year and that was without any kind of pass rush whatsoever.

I think assistant coaches become easy scapegoats when things don't go perfectly. This is Pete's team. His defense and we do exactly what he wants on offense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3n5mtk0g said:
Maulbert":3n5mtk0g said:
1. Quinn
2. Bevell
3. Kirchner
4. Cable

What if ? We have 7th rounders and UDFA's who then get hurt and we're replacing them with even lower draft picks. The pass protection is definately masked by Wilson's elite escapability, but Wilson also holds the ball too long behind obviously shaky pass pro, which exacerbates that problem as well.

I said it in another thread, but if you could tell a GM or HC of a team that you could take a minimal amount of high round picks, UDFA's, and 7th round draft picks...then take said OL and turn it into the best rushing offense in the league (and the one of the top 5 in the last 50 years), and be able to plug guys in due to injury.....and do it consistently year to year, well you could get a job with any team you wanted.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Maulbert":1grdtlmi said:
Hey, Hawkfan77, I know he doesn't draft anyone. But all those guys I mentioned? PC and JS have stated on more than one occasion they were guys Cable ASKED for. They get him what he wants. When they don't come through, that's on HIM. Don't be so smug. :141847_bnono:
Why? Because of some interview? Of course he's going to say he wanted the players, what do you expect him to say? And he's done a good job with very little resources. Are the Hawks not #1 in rushing offense? If he was so terrible, why would Pete and John keep him on board? And why would Pete name Cable assistant HC?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3h8vg37j said:
Sports Hernia":3h8vg37j said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3h8vg37j said:

Mission accomplished.

Is Quinn "quite the upgrade" though? I mean, the Hawks finished #1 in scoring defense Bradley's last year and that was without any kind of pass rush whatsoever.

I think assistant coaches become easy scapegoats when things don't go perfectly. This is Pete's team. His defense and we do exactly what he wants on offense.

Quinn has been credited with converting Red Bryant from a lackluster DT to a run-stuffing DE during his stint as DL coach, and then converting Bruce Irvin from a DE to a LB. Both were successful.

Latest posts