TE future

HawkerD

Reaction score
With the power running game and all the play action rollouts, the hawk offense could really be rolling if we had a full complement of NFL quality TE's. Problem is we are getting killed with injuries there. I am hoping Moeaki can get a full camp under his belt and be a difference maker at TE. I am not sure if Zach has much left in the tank. Willson has consistency issues and Helfert is a wildcard. McCoy's injuries have really stunted his development.

morgulon1

Reaction score
[align=][/align]I think Moeaki is on borrowed time himself. The reason he was available to us is injuries. Willson cant seem to be consistant and yes Miller could be nearing the end of the road. A reliable, all around TE would be huge. Now be careful,[align=][/align]some on here will question your fandom questioning Willson. :roll:

byau

Reaction score
I think Willson will have a good playoffs. We saw what he could do against the Cards, and the drops against the Rams will keep him humble and alert.

As a whole, I'm glad the offense struggled a bit. It will keep them alert

SDHawk

Reaction score
Moeaki is a FA and as morgulon puts it, is playing on borrowed time.

I think Helfet needs more reps, he's been reliable when called upon.

Luke Willson is talented but lacks "grit". He only makes plays if he's wide open and is prone to alligator-arms if he hears footsteps. I'm not sure that "toughness" can be coached.

I think the Hawks want another joker-type TE... they inquired about Fleener (astounding because he is basically the same guy as Luke Willson, drops and all), Jordan Cameron and Jace Amaro. None of these guys could block if their life depended on it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Might get flak for this, but if Vernon Davis becomes available in the offseason I hope we make a an offer to him.

A few million and the promise of no more Kam hits might do it.

Mick063

Reaction score
Willson's catch radius is so small that Russ has to deliver perfect passes to him. Time to move on I think.

I wouldn't be upset if they spent a first rounder on a tight end.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I would love a shot at Maxx Williams if he declares.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Mick063":3jkaze8l said:
I wouldn't be upset if they spent a first rounder on a tight end.
I'd be absolutely livid. This is easily the most horrid TE class of the last decade or more, and the first TE selected almost certainly won't come until the 3rd round at best.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Devin Funchess is a stud Tight End. He wont last past the middle of the 2nd round.

garrylt4

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":n592h5j2 said:
Might get flak for this, but if Vernon Davis becomes available in the offseason I hope we make a an offer to him.

A few million and the promise of no more Kam hits might do it.

Then Kam would be hitting him everyday in practice. If Vernon thinks about that he might need a few billion.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I saw Walford projected in the third round recently and he looks like the sort of TE that will really excel in the SPARQ measurements. The knock on him is that he is not much of a blocker and has had issues with drops. Plenty of potential still though.

2_0_6

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1fzafkpb said:
If you don't like our TE's you're a fair weather fan

We got one guy on IR who's best days are behind him (Miller), one guy who has a history of not being healthy (Moeaki), one guy who has shown flashes but has stone hands (Willson), one guy with two achilles tears in two years (McCoy), and one guy who will probably be a full time model in 3 years (Helfet).

Ya I'd say were good to go on TE's. :lol: