Keep Livin' Right Irvin.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"I wasn't even looking at the ball, it just ended up in my hands. That's a sign of me living right."

- Bruce Irvin

I am loving how he's becoming a true value to this amazing defense. Keep it up BROOOOOOOOCE!

817Rams%20Seahawks%20Football.JPEG

seahawks08

Reaction score
Most improved player of the year for Seahawks, thats for sure Opposing coordinators are respecting him, I hope he keeps growing and becomes the best.

evergreen

Reaction score
That was an amazing play. Our defense just astounds me sometimes. The touchback was all time!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Irvin was one of those players I thought might fall the way of, say, Curry (I realize now how bad that sounds) but I am so very glad to see I was wrong. He's learning and building, growing into his role on this team and it is showing big time.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Bruce hadn't had much coaching prior to being drafted. Pete, John and the scouts deserve credit for seeing what he could become. Likewise Pete, Ken and the other coaches did a great job teaching Bruce. Of course, kudos to Bruce himself for being a willing and hard-working pupil.

I think he still has untapped potential, which should scare the heck out of other teams.

Hawks46

Reaction score
sc85sis":102fjxvi said:
Bruce hadn't had much coaching prior to being drafted. Pete, John and the scouts deserve credit for seeing what he could become. Likewise Pete, Ken and the other coaches did a great job teaching Bruce. Of course, kudos to Bruce himself for being a willing and hard-working pupil.

I think he still has untapped potential, which should scare the heck out of other teams.

Totally agree. Bruce even said coming into the draft that he was raw and his extent of coaching was "go get the QB". it's also why he says things like he'd rather have a Sack than a TD.

If you know how to watch tape at all, you could tell last year Bruce was going to be good. The first year he'd ever played LBer, at any level in his career, and he goes out into the NFL and not only doesn't make a fool of himself but actually showed he belonged. You could see instinct (which you can't really coach), athleticism (also can't coach) and not a ton of crushing mistakes.

I'm kind of in awe that he not only progressed this well at LBer, but concurrently was able to progress as a pass rusher with his hand in the dirt. He had a ways to go in both areas, and has managed to improve in 2 areas simultaneously. Like sc85sis said, it's scary to think of what his ceiling really could be.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Listening to Irvin's interview with 710 ESPN earlier tonight gave me goosebumps.

We're going to put a hurting on some teams in the playoffs

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sc85sis":1lxm210k said:

Exactly what I've been saying...he's still learning the nuances of his new position...I can only see him improving even more

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[youtube]dVLBjz7dNac[/youtube]

I don't think he's worth the risk. I mean, listen to Fauria.

[youtube]KCAeJ_lgJGw[/youtube]

raisethe3

Reaction score
Aros":1cso4ykl said:
Irvin was one of those players I thought might fall the way of, say, Curry (I realize now how bad that sounds) but I am so very glad to see I was wrong. He's learning and building, growing into his role on this team and it is showing big time.

I pretty much thought the same thing. I remember calling him a bust. But as you know, when you're young, you make mistakes. Learn and grow from it. Glad he's doing well for us.

sutz

Reaction score
He's starting to remind me of Chad Brown, who spent a few years doing the SLB/RDE thing for a few years. He's starting to look pretty special. I never really thought of this as a 'bad' pick. I think too many people wanted instant gratification.

Sure, he's a first round pick that needed some coaching up, and it took a while to really get his stride. I just hope he'll stick around for a few more years.

sc85sis

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3zsb847b said:
[youtube]dVLBjz7dNac[/youtube]

I don't think he's worth the risk. I mean, listen to Fauria.

[youtube]KCAeJ_lgJGw[/youtube]

I never would have guessed that Skip would have liked the pick of Irvin.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Skip just forms an opinion and makes it bold. He is wrong often but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Funny how things work out. I absolutely hated this pick when it happened. Yet on the other hand I was excited about the Aaron Curry pick. Go figure.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Im glad the Hawks found a way to make him useful, because as much as his supporters wanted him to become a good DE, it's never gonna happen. He will never have the bulk or the moves to be a Chris Clemons-type every-down DE, nor will he ever be a terror that only comes in on obvious passing downs.

What he CAN do is use speed to contain the edge, and use his experience as a safety to help out when its a passing play. Also because he's playing as a LB it allows him to blitz on occasion and surprise the offense instead of him lining up at DE as an obvious pass rusher.

It was smart for the Hawks to end the experiment of Irvin at DE. He has no future as a DE but he does as an outside LB.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin? Wasn't he part of that terrible draft where the Seahawks reached on a raw pass rusher, an undersized MLB, and a midget quarterback in the first three rounds?

The sky's the limit for Bruce. I consider him one of the core group of players that they absolutely need to keep.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TXHawk":2dhzn2xt said:
Bruce Irvin? Wasn't he part of that terrible draft where the Seahawks reached on a raw pass rusher, an undersized MLB, and a midget quarterback in the first three rounds?

The sky's the limit for Bruce. I consider him one of the core group of players that they absolutely need to keep.
Who would have ever guessed that we would hit on all three like that? That's why I'm a fan and Pete is making the money.

GCrow

Reaction score
Every time he makes a play I keep hearing in my head one line that was in one of the first Rain City Redemption videos, some hot take man... "Bruce Irvin in the first round! Are you kidding me? Is this amateur hour?"