5 Seahawks selected to the Pro Bowl, 5 more as Alternates

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sweezy desrves it over okung and unger.

good to see 27-turnovers Luck made it though.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Aside from early penalty issues, Okung is actually having a good year statistically. There was a 5-6 game stretch in November where he didn't surrender a pressure or allow a penalty. I mean, eye test might suggest differently to some, but on paper, he has played well.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Unger gets selected to the Pro Bowl again based solely on a cool sounding name. "How could a guy named Max Unger not be a great center?!"

If he changed his name to Jim Anderson, next year he would not be selected for the Pro Bowl.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
DavidSeven":mpf3vkhd said:
Aside from early penalty issues, Okung is actually having a good year statistically. There was a 5-6 game stretch in November where he didn't surrender a pressure or allow a penalty. I mean, eye test might suggest differently to some, but on paper, he has played well.

Okung still hasn't allowed a sack all season.

kpak76

Reaction score
Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest, especially on the o-line. Jeff Saturday was voted in one year when he was a backup starter. He wasn't even good enough to start for his team, but the fans vote him in as the starter in the pro bowl. Eesh!!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3lk7f5jt said:
DavidSeven":3lk7f5jt said:

Yeah, I couldn't confirm that right away, but I had a feeling that was the case.

OP
OP
Bigbadhawk

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3ozrk7l8 said:

Yeah, I would assume that rash of penalties was due to that torn labrum issue he got vs the Broncos I think it was. You could see his flag count go down as it was healing up.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I forgot to mention in my earlier post...

5 Seahawks and another 5 alternates for the Pro Bowl? In one season?

This is a golden age to be a Seahawks fan, to be sure.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hawknation2014":12qfkhhg said:
DavidSeven":12qfkhhg said:

He didn't give up any last Sunday because he didn't play. His replacement did pretty well though so it makes me wonder how many sacks has our left tackle possition allowed and how many QB hits or hurries? I'm not disagreeing with his selection though and I am happy for him. I'm just looking for greater perspective.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawknballs":z3l2kdw4 said:
Sweezy desrves it over okung and unger.

good to see 27-turnovers Luck made it though.

Brady and Luck the only 2 QBs out of that bunch who dont have a 100+ QB rating for the year but Brady has 7 less INTs.