Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
1. 12-4 Seattle Seahawks
2. 12-4 Detroit Lions
3. 11-5 Dallas Cowboys
4. 7-9 Atlanta Falcons
5. 12-4 Arizona Cardinals
6. 11-5 Green Bay Packers

Reason 1) Seattle would be the only team from 2013 to win their division again in 2014.

Side note: Seahawks and Packers would be the only PO teams from 2013 entirely. That's crazy. Both teams would also be on consecutive Post-Season rolls, I think the Packers with their 6th and Seahawks with their 3rd in a row.

Reason 2) Seahawks would either play 4 Falcons, 5 Cardinals, or 6 Packers.

Seahawks can beat any of these teams.
- Falcons on the road, outside in the elements, against our Crowd.
- We've blown out the Cards twice this season 19-3 and 35-6.
- Packers are legitimate but they would likely have to win a shoot-out on the road vs Cowboys and then travel to Century Link against a defense that shutdown them down when they were completely fresh.

Reason 3) Seahawks if they make the NFC CG would likely face off against the Lions/Cowboys and to a lesser possibility Falcons or Cardinals

Between Lions and Cowboys both would be great football.

Lions with Megatron and Tate vs the L.O.B. Both teams kind of the same mold... above average but explosive offenses with suffocating defenses.

I also wouldn't be upset seeing the Lions in the Superbowl if they did beat us.

Cowboys would be the match-up that I would most want but not at the same time.

There would be a little salt for the Seahawks to avenge what should be their only home loss of the season. But at the. Same time I would be skeptical of the how the officiating could be lop-sided with everything that has went on this season. Getting Jerry and Romo to the Superbowl would be a huge cash draw.

But at the same time I wonder how much the Cowboys would have in the tank in their third Play-Off game, those guys haven't been conditioned for Post-Season football the last couple years that's for sure. Barring any more significant injuries this would be a completely different Seahawks team than the first time around.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":wv6pnp6h said:
1. 12-4 Seattle Seahawks
2. 12-4 Detroit Lions
3. 11-5 Dallas Cowboys
4. 7-9 Atlanta Falcons

:13:

This would be ideal. Force Dallas and Green Bay to knock one or the other out, and ensure that we don't have to face Detroit until the NFC Championship. Dallas @ Detroit would be the best opportunity to knock out the Cowboys.

Dallas losing is irrelevant, as long as Detroit beats Green Bay. Arizona is also irrelevant if we win, though it's always fun to see the 49ers lose.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2z5stap0 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2z5stap0 said:
1. 12-4 Seattle Seahawks
2. 12-4 Detroit Lions
3. 11-5 Dallas Cowboys
4. 7-9 Atlanta Falcons

This would be ideal. Force Dallas and Green Bay to knock one or the other out, and ensure that we don't have to face Detroit until the NFC Championship. Dallas @ Detroit would be the best opportunity to knock out the Cowboys.

Dallas losing is irrelevant, as long as Detroit beats Green Bay. Arizona is also irrelevant if we win, though it's always fun to see the 49ers lose.

Wasn't completely sure who would get precedent for #2 Seed if both Lions and Cowboys were 12-4. (Also too lazy to look it up).

Yeah, I would love for the Cards to go 12-4 either way I guess... shows strength of the Division where the #1 Seed came from.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2efdb9vp said:
hawknation2014":2efdb9vp said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2efdb9vp said:
1. 12-4 Seattle Seahawks
2. 12-4 Detroit Lions
3. 11-5 Dallas Cowboys
4. 7-9 Atlanta Falcons

Wasn't completely sure who would get precedent for #2 Seed if both Lions and Cowboys were 12-4. (Also too lazy to look it up).

Yeah, I would love for the Cards to go 12-4 either way I guess... shows strength of the Division where the #1 Seed came from.

Cowboys are locked into the #3 seed as long as we win - and also if Arizona wins.

JonRud

Reaction score
My preference is

1) Seattle
2) GB
3) Dallas
4) Atlanta/Carolina
5) Arizona
6) Detroit

I would rather avoid GB or Dallas in the Divisional round and play either the 4, 5 or 6 seed. Then in the NFC Championship we host either Dallas or GB.

Detroit doesn't scare me in the opening game if they can beat Dallas in this scenario. Stafford would collapse at the CLink.

danp1990

Reaction score
I would prefer AZ stays at number 6th and play the Cowboys and finish them off! The Cowboys O - line is other world like. And we all know the 4th seed Falcons gave the 6th seed Packers a run for their money at home, let's see them play in Atlanta this time! The easier road the better. And I could give a rats as$ who comes out of the AFC! They don't have defense apart from bills and maybe Cincy.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm rooting for any scenario that eliminates Dallas so that they never face Seattle.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":87oihzpi said:
I'm rooting for any scenario that eliminates Dallas so that they never face Seattle.
Agree. That's the one game that I picked the opposing team this year and it was at home. That running game to go along with a top 3 WR and Romo. Dangerous even against this defense.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
kearly":3hfnj9lv said:

Why are you more worried about Dallas than Detroit and Green Bay?

Right now the players that I'd be most concerned causing our team problems are.

Ndamukong Suh
Aaron Rodgers
Calvin Johnson
Des Bryant
Julio Jones

northseahawk

Reaction score
I don't want to face the the Cowboys and Falcons. They don't scare me and am confident we beat them, but they are dangerous. Detroit is a similar team to the Cardinals w/Carson Palmer. We usually are good against the Cards. Then there is Packers, who just don't have enough to beat us in the Clink. They could give their best, but just don't have enough to win IMO.

danp1990

Reaction score
Dallas O line is on another level .that's the only thing that worries me about dallas.last time I saw on O - line as complete as that was 05 Hawks/06 chargers. I had yet to see an Offensive line like that until these Cowboys, they can neutralize any good pass rush.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Cowboys don't scare me at all.

If Wagner and Maxwell don't injure out of that game plus Harvin acting like a little bitch, Seahawks likely win.

Seahawks are on another level right now and I like the Seahawks better 2 games in at Century Link... than Cowboys 3 games without being in the Post-Season the last couple of years.

Seahawks know Championship football.

I think if we get the Cowboys @ Clink for the NFC CG it will be more like 2012 for them than 2014.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Not worried about any of the teams. The way our team is playing, if they keep it up, it doesn't who we play. The Hawks will be in the SB if they play their brand of football

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2oddkuvb said:
Cowboys would be the match-up that I would most want but not at the same time.

There would be a little salt for the Seahawks to avenge what should be their only home loss of the season. But at the. Same time I would be skeptical of the how the officiating could be lop-sided with everything that has went on this season. Getting Jerry and Romo to the Superbowl would be a huge cash draw.

But at the same time I wonder how much the Cowboys would have in the tank in their third Play-Off game, those guys haven't been conditioned for Post-Season football the last couple years that's for sure. Barring any more significant injuries this would be a completely different Seahawks team than the first time around.

Their conditioning won't matter. The officials already let them get away with BLATANT offensive holding in OUR HOUSE. Because of the market and revenue behind that team, they are the ones I LEAST want to see. Everything will be slanted in their favor. Hopefully somebody can take them out before they get to C-Link.

Part of me wants us to bring the revenge on them in the form of total humiliation/domination, but I doubt the league will allow that to happen.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3cayetor said:
Cowboys don't scare me at all.

If Wagner and Maxwell don't injure out of that game plus Harvin acting like a little bitch, Seahawks likely win.

Seahawks are on another level right now and I like the Seahawks better 2 games in at Century Link... than Cowboys 3 games without being in the Post-Season the last couple of years.

Seahawks know Championship football.

I think if we get the Cowboys @ Clink for the NFC CG it will be more like 2012 for them than 2014.

I'd like to think the same thing. Let's just say I hope for that...but.

Perhaps the reason Wagner and Maxwell 'injured out' was that they -especially Wagner- pressed to compensate for our DL, which was totally dominated against both run and pass. I posted earlier about the blatant holding among the Dallas OL that the refs were totally ignoring, so that doesn't make it any easier.

We have a better chance based upon our own improved chemistry and overall play, but will that be enough? Another thing to keep in mind is we had Mebane when we played Dallas. If they could man handle that DL combo, how do you think high-COG Kevin Williams and our light speedy guys will fare? Reminds me of '99 when Gruden's Raider OL matched up against Tampa Bay's light-in-the-azz speedsters. TB got trampled by the run. We are looking at the same matchup, only with an even better OL. One that has been patiently drafted and assembled. There aren't many -if any- like it in the league right now. That's not even getting into their spot-on coaching changes that brought about obvious improvements. They relieved Callahan of play calling and put him in charge of his specialty (OL). Further, they pulled Monte Kiffin away from the defense and put Marinelli in charge. Lastly, they gave the offensive play calling to Scott Linehan (aggressive and smart guy)....all very solid moves that yielded great improvements.

Dallas will be our toughest game of the playoffs. I don't realistically see any team knocking them out before they get to C-Link. Hopefully Petey and crew can crack enough of their code where we eek out a win.

Erebus

Reaction score
I want the Seahawks to own a playoff victory against all NFC teams. Of the confirmed and potential playoff teams this year, we already have playoff victories over Dallas and Carolina. So those are my least-preferred opponents.

Of the teams we haven't beat, I'm looking for revenge first. Atlanta is an easy matchup for us and is a team we owe playoff revenge to, so I want them in the divisional round. In the NFCCG, I want the Packers. Aside from the revenge factor, the Falcons and Packers would probably be an easy road to the Super Bowl.

My preferred seeding is this:

1. Seahawks
2. Packers
3. Cowboys
4. Falcons
5. Cardinals
6. Lions

Cowboys over Lions and Falcons over Cardinals in WC round.
Seahawks over Falcons and Packers over Cowboys in divisional round.
Seahawks over Packers in NFCCG.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I'd like to beat Dallas and Detroit on the way to the way to the Superbowl.

Dallas: just to set the record straight as to who's the better team.
Detroit: just to set Tate straight as to who's the better team.

And then I'll take New England, just to let those pricks know it's now the Carroll/Wilson era...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We will play Detroit or Atlanta IMO

Then Green Bay in the NFCCG