How deep in Free Agency will Hawks look?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I guess with Sherman, Thomas, Bennett, Baldwin, and now Wright and Avril signed, Wagner and Wilson are up next. That probably means the draft will be the main method of bringing in players. Who do you think the Hawks will target, if anyone?
Schneider will probably just stand pat this year like he did last year, right?

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I guess there's already another thread about free agency...

Basis4day

Reaction score
I talked with Pehawk and they're definitely going after Bryant, Suh, Cobb and iupati.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Basis4day":3ke70gvv said:
I talked with Pehawk and they're definitely going after Bryant, Suh, Cobb and iupati.
Why not trade for JJ Watt too? Just turn salary cap off, I mean that what the Broncos did in the late 90s.

Basis4day

Reaction score
RunTheBall":14lz5z3p said:
Basis4day":14lz5z3p said:
Why not trade for JJ Watt too? Just turn salary cap off, I mean that what the Broncos did in the late 90s.

Yup. And trade for Cutler to be backup qb!

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Dream: Suh & Bryant on VERY front loaded contracts with Wilson & Wags on extensions that keep the last year of their rookie deals the same & good sized signing bonuses so they're content with the cash in hand from that. No impact on their salary cap figures and when their contracts jump up, Suh & Bryant's drop significantly.

Realistic: Probably pretty quiet. I could see a veteran who doesn't cost too much to help along the O-Line. Could also see a Tight End like re-signing Anthony McCoy on a 1 year deal or maybe Jordan Cameron if teams are worried about his concussions.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RunTheBall":cebe2hd2 said:
Basis4day":cebe2hd2 said:

Late 90's? Hell it feels like they did that last season :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
P.S. Wild prediction...

Vernon Davis will be a Seahawk in 2015.

:stirthepot:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Davis would actually be a nice signing for the right price. His numbers this year have more to do with the 49ers Offense than him losing his talent.

dbmack

Reaction score
As hard as the Seahawks practice would Vernon Davis want to face Kam every day though?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":32idexj7 said:
P.S. Wild prediction...

You know it's really funny, but I had that same thought. I was thinking that Davis might be tired of getting his ass kicked by Kam, might be tired of the locker room crap with Harbaugh, and might be tired of not having a QB to throw to him.

I could see this. Is Davis a good enough blocker to survive on this team ?

Rob12

Reaction score
Pie Romania":23zxwwjv said:
Dream: Suh & Bryant on VERY front loaded contracts with Wilson & Wags on extensions that keep the last year of their rookie deals the same & good sized signing bonuses so they're content with the cash in hand from that. No impact on their salary cap figures and when their contracts jump up, Suh & Bryant's drop significantly.

Realistic: Probably pretty quiet. I could see a veteran who doesn't cost too much to help along the O-Line. Could also see a Tight End like re-signing Anthony McCoy on a 1 year deal or maybe Jordan Cameron if teams are worried about his concussions.

McCoy is the Seahawks version of Franklin Gutierrez. No thanks...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3rz6fu0j said:
Davis would actually be a nice signing for the right price. His numbers this year have more to do with the 49ers Offense than him losing his talent.

I heard he will sign for vet minimum as long as Kam gives him his soul back.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1a3lr4z6 said:

I think if he came here he would go to IR with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to being in the same locker room as Kam

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawks46":2jxzjqaq said:
Hasselbeck":2jxzjqaq said:
P.S. Wild prediction...

You know it's really funny, but I had that same thought. I was thinking that Davis might be tired of getting his ass kicked by Kam, might be tired of the locker room crap with Harbaugh, and might be tired of not having a QB to throw to him.

I could see this. Is Davis a good enough blocker to survive on this team ?

Um . . . Davis is on of the best blocking TE's in the game.

ANd I get the feeling he would love to play here. He was one of the few 49ers players that have been consistently complimentary of the Seahawks organization. I think he fits us perfectly.