Betting on the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm about to put 300 dollars on the Seahawks to win the super bowl to get a return of 975 dollars at 13/4, the odds were significantly higher last week and I'm kicking myself for waiting another week.

Am I too confident?

Anyone else put down any preseason bets, midseason bets, future bets, and how much did you put down?
Any extremely confident Hawk fans?

Post your bets here I'm interested to see how our confidence is as a forum.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2q58drbn said:
I'm about to put 300 dollars on the Seahawks to win the super bowl to get a return of 975 dollars at 13/4, the odds were significantly higher last week and I'm kicking myself for waiting another week.

Am I too confident?

Anyone else put down any preseason bets, midseason bets, future bets, and how much did you put down?

Futures bets usually don't offer the expected value that individual game bets do, but 13/4 still seems pretty reasonable.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1quuseuj said:
NFSeahawks628":1quuseuj said:

Am I too confident?

Futures bets usually don't offer the expected value that individual game bets do, but 13/4 still seems pretty reasonable.

I wouldn't bet if it was any lower, my idea is if the return is 3 times the value of the bet, it's worth it.

The Seahawks were 5/1 last week... :34853_doh:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I very rarely have ever bet the Hawks when I have lived near Nevada. I did tell HawkWow I would bet them this week and lay the 7 though.
As for your bet, good luck. I'm not a fan of futures cuz one key injury like 3 games down the road or a fluke snowstorm or whatever can mean an inferior team wins and your team doesn't.

AgentDib

Reaction score
13/4 are bad odds; I think we are the best team but it's pretty rare that the best team wins. Last year was the first time in like a decade?

Of course if the money doesn't matter that much to you then it's a fun bet, and the odds are what they are because people are paying them.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
lsheldon":2u5e6uco said:
No tattoo?
nfl_tattoo_ms_300x300.png
:lol:

bigwrm

Reaction score
That's not great value....if it were me I would hold until after the Cardinals game. The odds probably aren't going to go lower 13-4 if we win on Sunday, but a loss means we'd be a wild card playing an extra game on the road and the odds would swing dramatically. I might even wait until after the rams game to make sure we have the division and first round bye in hand. At worst I don't think the odds go lower than +250 before the playoffs start, but I suppose 2-1 is possible if the Seahawks become everyone's trendy pick.

I don't bet big money, but I placed a few futures bets in the preseason. Got the Seahawks to win it all at +550. I also really like to bet on Super Bowl matchups so I got Seahawks-Patriots at +1900 and Seahawks-Broncos at +1400, as well as a couple of long shots (Seahawks-Bengals +7050, Seahawks-Chargers +9500).

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
AgentDib":ayxefqt1 said:
13/4 are bad odds; I think we are the best team but it's pretty rare that the best team wins. Last year was the first time in like a decade?

Of course if the money doesn't matter that much to you then it's a fun bet, and the odds are what they are because people are paying them.

The best defense wins, it's like that in all sports.

It's always been that way, and always will be that way.

The Giants won the world series with pitching.
The Seahawks won the super bowl with defense.
The Kings won the stanley cup with defense.
A team hasn't won the NBA championship ranked outside the to 10 of defensive efficiency in 14 years.

It makes sense.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
lsheldon":14diy0is said:
NFSeahawks628":14diy0is said:
lsheldon":14diy0is said:
No tattoo?

Well, someone else did it last year too. Still not sure if that is a good sign or just stupidity.

Hey, you asked for a tattoo don't doubt my confidence now that you've seen it. :lol:

HansGruber

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1lfi0fdw said:
lsheldon":1lfi0fdw said:
No tattoo?

Nice photoshop but it's pretty easy to see where the clone tool was used. Not to mention the tops of the other I's are still present in the lower front of the beak area. LOL.

But I dig it anyway! :D

HawkWow

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1su1xolg said:

Am I too confident?

You won't be getting true odds on such a bet...but sometimes, who cares? I encourage fun bets, such as yours, to maintain the spirit of fun. As in...wager no more than you make in a work day.

OTOH, If you wait until we clinch HF (thru-out) the odds will probably drop to 2-1. Personally, I like that bet a bit better. But that's just me. Bet 2 work days instead of 1.

Nobody is going to beat us at home in the play offs and not only will an AFC team have difficulty scoring on us in the SB...we should have success scoring against them. It should be like groundhog day, imo.

Best wishes and I think you have a winner. But of course I think that.