Sweezy will play, Okung and Unger out per 97.3 FM Seattle

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Ouch. Don't like our chances with both Okung and Unger out. Hopefully Bailey plays the game of his life.

idahohawk

Reaction score
This shifts things considerably IMO. I'm not nearly as optimistic now. OL is a weakness to begin with. They are going to exploit this all game long. < sarcasm > I'm sure Bevell will counter with some great schemes to neutralize < /sarcasm>

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Very glad J.R. is good to go. Not at all surprised about Okung. That's a hell of an injury. Disappointed about Unger but pretty much knew this would happen since Pete's presser Monday.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't know the exact count, but it seems we have won a few games with both Unger and Okung out. :229031_shrug:

Hey, it's bad news, but not entirely unexpected. Hell, a few years ago, we went on one of the teams best tears in history with 3 starters missing from the O-line. I think Pete has this.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
ShaunPope":109yv5iw said:
Ouch. Don't like our chances with both Okung and Unger out. Hopefully Bailey plays the game of his life.
Don't like our chances of what? Winning?

This team has played without Okung nearly as much as they have, for that matter Unger has missed a lot of games too.

Lynch and Wilson will play. That is the key to this game. The Cards were going to get pressure regardless and how Wilson handles that is more important than Okung being out.

AZ has got to Wilson many times in nearly every game the Hawks have won against AZ. The defense is giving up about 7 ppg since being healthy and that includes the easy points Philly made with the turnover. Ryan Lindley is the least effective QB the Hawks will have seen in that same stretch.

Largent80

Reaction score
Unger has missed 5 games. Okung out really isn't that big of a deal and at least Bailey played there last week and got a full week with the #1's vs our defense in practice.

I hope Sweezy is 100%, because we need him. I shudder to think of who we bring in if any of those guys gets hurt.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree with Largent that the real problem with this news is our remaining depth. If you are looking for a reason to be more nervous about a game vs. the Cards front 7 and Bowles the Blitzer then this is your opportunity.

It looks like we are down to Patrick Lewis and Garry Gilliam on the bench. Perhaps we bring up one of our three practice squad OL that I know nothing about, or more likely Tukuafu could be an emergency plug in.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Unger and Okung was expected so having Sweezy good to go is actually good news. Realistically all we need to do is score 14+ in whatever way possible and we should be good.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am so tired of okung and Unger being out all the time. What good is having good players if they never play.

I would rather have a couple of average guys out there who are durable rather than do the yo yo with these two.

We need to move on.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Lemuel has been great at center and Bailey is seemingly becoming quite a solid lineman, not worried.

RCATES

Reaction score
Am I the only one who witnessed a much improved offensive line play in the second half of last weeks game against the Niners? Thats the exact o- line Seattle will be playing with Sunday night.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":x5c1fok1 said:
I am so tired of okung and Unger being out all the time. What good is having good players if they never play.

I would rather have a couple of average guys out there who are durable rather than do the yo yo with these two.

We need to move on.
I admit it does get old man.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ansuvzbs said:
Tech Worlds":ansuvzbs said:

We need to move on.
I admit it does get old man.

Beyond it getting old, talent does not excuse constantly being injury-prone.

It's just like Percy Harvin, I doubt Okung or Carp are resigned.

Rob12

Reaction score
Arizona still has to score points on the best defense in the land... Without Carson Palmer, without (LOL) Drew Stanton, or Andre Ellington.

Even if Stanton plays, he'll be very hobbled.

Best. Defense. In. The. Land.

Score 10 and we win. But I think the line and the offense as whole will play well, and we win by 14-17 points... Even without two starting linemen (who we have won without, often, before - and against much better teams).

Relax...

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i think they should just throw in the towel, concede the loss and go golfing.... :roll:

Latest posts