We just beat 'em 19-3 less than a month ago...

tom sawyer

Reaction score
What's changed since then?

Their QB is greener.
We have more key players starting and our defense has IMPROVED.
Sure we are in AZ and not the Clink.... that's all ya got?
Wasn't their MORE important game last month against us?

And we are ONLY favored by 7?

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2hyiiw7u said:
What's changed since then?

Their QB is greener.
We have more key players starting and our defense has IMPROVED.
Sure we are in AZ and not the Clink.... that's all ya got?
Wasn't their MORE important game last month against us?

And we are ONLY favored by 7?

Not sure about the more key starters part. Pretty sure our defense from the last game is about the same it is now. Our offense has developed new injuries since including TE, LT, possibly RG, prich. (I believe Unger was out for the last card game but I could be wrong).

Their defense is no joke, our offense line struggled against them last time without the additional injuries. I still expect us to win but I dont expect a blow out either.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
They get Fitzy back and it's in their house.

Being favored by 7 on the road against the team with the best record in the NFC is amazing no matter who is the QB on the team.

Seafan

Reaction score
Do you think the Hawks have plans for Lindley? I mean things they would never try against Palmer or Stanton?

I'm excited.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
It all means nothing. Didn't we just see the Bills beat the Packers?

How many people lost money on that one. I didn't put money on that game, but I did pick the Packers to win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I ran into Ron Fairley. He said "If you score more than the other team, you're gonna' win the game."

So, we're good

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Just watched the sports down here on the 10 oclock news.

Guy is all giddy that Stanton was "limited in practice" today.

Said: "uh oh Seattle" now you've got to be worried about Stanton in the back of your mind. Can you imagine the electricity in University of Phoenix Stadium if he runs out to take the first snap?? Would be a long day for the Seahawks....."

LOL.

LOL!!!!!

I'm sure the thought of a hobbled Drew Fricken Stanton is just sending shivers down the spine of Dan Quinn as we speak

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We do so much better in the primetime atmosphere than they do,

volsunghawk

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawkFan":3rnv0jpd said:
It all means nothing. Didn't we just see the Bills beat the Packers?

How many people lost money on that one. I didn't put money on that game, but I did pick the Packers to win.

I picked the Bills to win. And here's the difference...

The Bills have an amazing front four, are solid throughout the rest of their D, have some good weapons at RB, WR, and TE, and have a journeyman QB. They actually remind me a lot of the 2011 Seahawks, except our strength was in the secondary instead of the front four. Considering that GB struggles on the road against good Ds and doesn't have a great D itself, that was an upset waiting to happen.

The Cardinals have an amazing front four, are solid throughout the rest of their D for the most part, and have some good weapons at WR and RB. Their TEs aren't great, and their QB doesn't even qualify for journeyman status (plus, their O line is nothing to write home about). Our Seahawks have played some solid defenses on the road, and since we've gotten healthy and gotten past the shaky post-Harvin weeks, they've played solid, if not explosive, offense. Remember, SF still has a hell of a defense, and we beat them by 2 TDs. Philly's got a top-10 defense by DVOA, and we handled that well, too.

Basically, the reason I don't understand the hand-wringing is that for all of their defensive prowess, our D is just as good if not better overall. And while we are playing in their house, our offense is SIGNIFICANTLY better than theirs.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I expect to win, but wouldn't be shocked if they lose.

The Cardinals will be fired up, expect the 3rd stringer to still sling the ball all over the field and while we can take advantage of that, it's likely he will get a few on us and even one or two that may sting. It will feel very much like a playoff game.

I am mostly concerned for Wilson. Their defense is going to get after it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
This game could end up a 0-0 tie. They are going to have a very hard time scoring, but with our OL injuries we are going to have a hard time as well. I really hope Russell doesn't take a bunch of hits, but it's very possible Arians gets his 11 sacks. Not that it matters as we don't play the game, but fans are way too over confident. My only concern is the emotional bruising that could come from an upset. I'm especially concerned about our little Pehawk.

SC

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the Bills beating the Packers wasn't surprising at all. The smart ones on her foresaw it.

I am concerned about this game though. Even more so without Unger and Okung.

Arian's is rolling the dice and going all-in on this, I expect a lot of "wacky" from the Cards defense and offense. Heavy blitzing and Logan Thomas option plays. Arians is the X-factor, he's just a damn good coach. And, however bad Lindley is, the Cards beat the Hawks with a QB throwing 4 INT's, and at home. Palmer throwin 4 INT's is equal to whatever stinkfest Lindley will put up.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":20g5ivae said:
Yeah, the Bills beating the Packers wasn't surprising at all. The smart ones on her foresaw it.

Arian's is rolling the dice and going all-in on this, I expect a lot of "wacky" from the Cards defense and offense. Heavy blitzing and Logan Thomas option plays. Arians is the X-factor, he's just a damn good coach. And, however bad Lindley is, the Cards beat the Hawks with a QB throwing 4 INT's, and at home. Palmer throwin 4 INT's is equal to whatever stinkfest Lindley will put up.

Honestly it was still probably a bit better than what Lindley will put up, since he did at least manage a TD pass on just an absolutely perfect ball that was nearly impossible to defend.

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1nbrahkx said:
pehawk":1nbrahkx said:

Honestly it was still probably a bit better than what Lindley will put up, since he did at least manage a TD pass on just an absolutely perfect ball that was nearly impossible to defend.

Maybe. But, it's not crazy to think Lindley can match a 4 INT performance by Palmer. On the long ball; Charlie threw some beauties last night...Charlie Whitehurst..its the NFL all of them can do that.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
I hope the confidence is well placed but this team lost to John Skelton and Kevin Kolb 2 years ago in Arizona. Before last years win on Thursday Night Football we hadn't won in Arizona for several years. One thing I've learned as a Seahawks fan for 25 years is this: Road games are never to be taken lightly and this team is capable of unthinkable, soul crushing losses. It's going to take a few more years like last year to gain the confidence some of you are exhibiting. I sure hope you're right.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":3uat6vvy said:
Maybe. But, it's not crazy to think Lindley can match a 4 INT performance by Palmer.

Nah of course it's not crazy, but the reason in that game that four Palmer picks weren't converted into more points was the fact that he was at least driving them into Seattle territory before getting intercepted (on 3 of the 4 anyway...on the 4th, we got it in their territory and then missed a chip shot FG). I just don't think that Lindley is moving them more than 20-30 yards on a drive at any point in the game.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TheHawkDoc":2n5bk77z said:
I hope the confidence is well placed but this team lost to John Skelton and Kevin Kolb 2 years ago in Arizona.

We lost that game because Russell Wilson was still a terrible QB then. That game provides us almost no information that can be used to predict this one.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
TheHawkDoc":pzvnxlmq said:
I hope the confidence is well placed but this team lost to John Skelton and Kevin Kolb 2 years ago in Arizona. Before last years win on Thursday Night Football we hadn't won in Arizona for several years. One thing I've learned as a Seahawks fan for 25 years is this: Road games are never to be taken lightly and this team is capable of unthinkable, soul crushing losses. It's going to take a few more years like last year to gain the confidence some of you are exhibiting. I sure hope you're right.
Under Carroll we have won in Arizona in 2010 and 2013, lost in 2011 and 2012. So it's not like they have dominated us at their place. We are one of the best road teams in our conference, I really don't care what we did on the road 10 or 20 years ago, it isn't relevant now. We have been a great road team ever since the 2nd half of the 2012 season.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":d5vv9qt7 said:
TheHawkDoc":d5vv9qt7 said:
I hope the confidence is well placed but this team lost to John Skelton and Kevin Kolb 2 years ago in Arizona.

We lost that game because Russell Wilson was still a terrible QB then. That game provides us almost no information that can be used to predict this one.
It was meant to describe that our defense gave up a 4th quarter lead to Kevin Kolb. We also lost at home to Arizona last year. It is not impossible to find a scenario where Arizona holds us to 10-13 pts, gets 1-2 big plays/calls that go in their favor and beats us in their place.

Latest posts