Is the D better then last year?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The moment happened after the KC game, going into Arizona. This team lost Mebane, but seemingly used that to rally.

Getting Wagner back, and getting Kam finally healthy happened the same time. Jordan Hill has stepped up.

Is this teams D better then last year? Im sure some of you have some stats ready to post that point to one way or another.

Either way, the teams gelling at the right time.

Love this ET quote "We're different, we live to a different standard"

Geologic

Reaction score
I believe the run game regressed and we had more depth in the secondary last year. Last year we had a healthy Mebane and Red Bryant who help the run defense a lot.

Oh and I forgot about Chris Clemons as a pass rusher.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
For the past four (4) games they have been.

We got Arizona and Philly at the right times... that is, without their starting QBs.

Not sure who said this but it goes something like this...

"It's not who you play in the NFL but rather when you play them."

Maybe it was Holmgren.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Geologic":32pgke3d said:
I believe the run game regressed and we had more depth in the secondary last year. Last year we had a healthy Mebane and Red Bryant who help the run defense a lot.

Oh and I forgot about Chris Clemons as a pass rusher.

There he goes with his avatar again... :lol: :roll: ;) :p

endzorn

Reaction score
I actually like our secondary depth better this year with Simon getting better and I think Irvin has settled in as a real solid contributor at SLB and with a hand in the dirt. Hill is starting to resemble McDonald from last season, although I thought McDonald was a better penetrator while Hill is able to fight off blocks and make hustle plays with his size and effort.

Mebane and Red were too valuable on first downs and Clem started to look like himself for the playoff run. All in all I think our back seven is marginally better while or front four isn't quite as stout or deep.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hardly anyone ever mentions Kevin Williams. All he has done is switched positions to the Nose and has done a fantastic job. His presence has really helped Hill.

I love having Maxwell in the slot with the length that he has. Simon is getting much needed time on the corner.

I don't think the D has even reached it's zenith this year yet. Hard to say if it is better than last year right now.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I'd rather wait until the D matches last year's pick total. Then we can talk.