Arians says he may use two QB's next Sunday...

pehawk

Reaction score
The only thing that scares me about that Cards game is the Hawks oline and Mr Kangol.

Mr Kangol will certainly run counter/misdirection runs from a jumbo set, right at Venus Williams, as the 49ers did. The only thing that stopped that was injury, really. Before injuries to Hyde and Gore, Williams was getting handled by Looney, a rookie Center. They exploited the Hawks speed by using it against them. Arians will do that until/if they stop it. He may use Logan as a very, VERY college type running threat. I expect something totally out of the blue and unexpected.

One turnover by what's sure to be a under-duress Wilson, could really put this one in trouble.

I don't like the line, I don't like the smell of this game. Arians is going for HFA so he can get Stanton back. It's game 7 in the World Series so all his pitchers are available in "relief".

XOXO

Leelan McElroy

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah this game scares the crap out of me. I feel like these unknown QBs are what has killed us in the past. The Rams beat us with Austin Davis, remember.

endzorn

Reaction score
Honest to God...if the over under on total yards for the Cards was set at 200 yards which way would you bet?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":pinkqv7s said:
It's game 7 in the World Series so all his pitchers are available in "relief".

If this is a winning formula, I think that Tarvaris Jackson and BJ Daniels are available on our end as well...

GawksAtHawks

Reaction score
At least this is a prime time game. Hawks usually play well in prime time games!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
If the Hawks weren't to the redzone what Kurt Cobain is to shotguns, I'd be already notching it a W.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3t3xzl5e said:
pehawk":3t3xzl5e said:

If this is a winning formula, I think that Tarvaris Jackson and BJ Daniels are available on our end as well...

If TJ! got in there this board would be a disaster. Plus, I cant see Carroll openly inviting a quarterback controversy like that.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
IF we had an OL worth a shit I would think this game would be a laugher but clearly we don't and that just sucks.

Our defense should keep us in the game (actually they are due scoring some points) so no matter what happens, worst case we should be in position to win the game in the 4th.

Did I mention I think our OL sucks?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Aros":2yv0un1b said:
IF we had an OL worth a shit I would think this game would be a laugher but clearly we don't and that just sucks.

Our defense should keep us in the game (actually they are due scoring some points) so no matter what happens, worst case we should be in position to win the game in the 4th.

Did I mention I think our OL sucks?

In between "Sammamish Ghost Hunters" posts, yes, yes you have Matt.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pehawk":2pkbcndj said:
In between "Sammamish Ghost Hunters" posts, yes, yes you have Matt.

How dare you. Wait, I see you have lost a loved one...They are reaching out...Do you have any great grandparents that have passed?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
With the way the Hawks D is playing, it really only comes down to 1 thing for me: if the Hawks O line plays like competent NFL players, there is no way they lose. Unfortunately, that really is asking a lot

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":1bwf24dl said:
MidwestHawker":1bwf24dl said:
pehawk":1bwf24dl said:

If TJ! got in there this board would be a disaster. Plus, I cant see Carroll openly inviting a quarterback controversy like that.

Haha. The point remains that none of the Cards' options are worth bringing in.

When Lindley last got extended play in 2012, his stats (by expected points per play) were further negative than Peyton Manning's stats were positive.

Information on Logan Thomas is more scarce, but it's pretty telling that even though he was listed as the backup against St. Louis, when the time came to actually turn to someone to salvage the game, Arians went with the absolute greasefire that was Lindley instead.

The concern with this game DEFINITELY isn't their quarterbacks. It's them keeping our offense at a really low score and then coming out on the positive end of some high-variance crap. That scenario is possible, but thankfully it's not the likelier scenario.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Logan has the arm strength to beat cover 3, if nothing else. He can run and move the sticks with his legs. I like him as a really, really dangerous prospect after another year with Arians.

My fear is Arians goes all Sparano with Miami in NE. Sparano pulled the wildcat out of his chubby crevice and nabbed a cheap victory. Arians is capable enough of something crazy enough to keep things honest for 60 minutes.

There's no tomorrow for him...hell he might go Wing-T

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I don't know Pe. Jeff Fisher seems to be the only guy that outcoaches Carroll. Our D had a bit of a letdown in the first half today and I don't think that will happen again this season, Also, we have had success on that field the last 2 years. And, we've been in this type of pressure situation recently and they haven't. Finally, we play well in prime time. Considering all of that, I think we've got this one man. Not gonna be a blowout cuz our O isn't good enough for one. But a W is a W and I think we get it.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean if the fear about an opponent is that they may do something unexpectedly goofy and gimmicky, then you know you're in pretty damn good shape.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1jl8picq said:
I don't know Pe. Jeff Fisher seems to be the only guy that outcoaches Carroll. Our D had a bit of a letdown in the first half today and I don't think that will happen again this season, Also, we have had success on that field the last 2 years. And, we've been in this type of pressure situation recently and they haven't. Finally, we play well in prime time. Considering all of that, I think we've got this one man. Not gonna be a blowout cuz our O isn't good enough for one. But a W is a W and I think we get it.

Arian's and Bowles coached pretty well up here in 2013.

We'll see. You guys all said I was crazy for worrying about the Cowboys game too. Homers!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1t3dpqvp said:
I mean if the fear about an opponent is that they may do something unexpectedly goofy and gimmicky, then you know you're in pretty damn good shape.

True...

sutz

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2j6dbcau said:
This ^^^

If we play our game, it won't matter what they do.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Again I'm not saying I think the game is a stone cold lock, but it looks at least as good on paper as today's did.

If we find a way to 20 points I don't think we almost ever lose.