Would you trade back to back Superbowls?

Would you trade back to back Superbowls?

• Back to back Super Bowls which would make this current team one of the greatest in history. ... Or

Votes: 90 76.9%
  • Trading a SB loss this year for one championship in 84 and one in 2005, giving a total of three.

Votes: 27 23.1%

• Total voters

rjdriver

Reaction score
Ha, I may not be totally lucid right now, but honest question.

Which would you be more proud of. The elusive back to back that epitomizes greatness and perhaps the start of a dynasty or knowing most of the core Hawks in history would have at least one ring? Would you trade the specialness of back to back for quantity? What would you value more?

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm guessing us mature folk are going for three and the younger are going for the dynasty.

evergreen

Reaction score
I think we were closer in '86 when we were 5-6 and finished 10-6 but lost tie breaker to Boomer's Bengals. We beat the Giants and the Broncos big. I'll take back to back cuz that's still possible.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
For those voting two, I'm not saying it ends with two, maybe a chance to get three or more, a shot at immortality.

You just have to give up this one to get the years past.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I would trade in our next Super Bowl win if it would ensure that Arizona never, ever, ever, ever, ever wins one.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
I would choose the back to back. I was born in 86 and never started being passionate until a couple years after the 2005 season

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Back to back because everyone says it's not possible anymore, we are the type of team that likes to break those conventional stats.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rjdriver":l27oanbp said:
I'm guessing us mature folk are going for three and the younger are going for the dynasty.

Yup. This old bird would have loved to witness the glory and have the memories of all of those Championships.

byau

Reaction score
Aros":53l73vzj said:
rjdriver":53l73vzj said:

Yup. This old bird would have loved to witness the glory and have the memories of all of those Championships.

Tough question, and I was leaning towards back to back because, well it's still a realistic goal.

But yeah, fond memories growing up and especially would have loved to see it in in the mid-1980s

I actually think would have preferred it in 1985, not 1984 if I recall correctly. Basically, 1983-1984 was like 2012-2013. And in the same way, I was expecting 1984-1985 to be what we had in 2013-2014. My brother and dad and I were all hyped up that offseason.

Then they came out with the stupid Super Bowl song, Enter my worrisome feelings (hate those) and sure enough opening game in 1984-1985... pop goes Warner's knee :(

(fuzzy memory though, I think that's how it went down)

themunn

Reaction score
back to back

history is what makes us. 2005 was one of the most painful sporting memories of my life. it just made 43-8 so much sweeter when it came.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Guys like largent, Easley, kreig, hasselbeck, big walt, strong and Alexander would have Super Bowl rings. Maybe that ring would be enough to oush kenny easley into the hall of fame. makes the answer easy for me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":105ecfkq said:
rjdriver":105ecfkq said:

Yep me too. So many of our all time great players deserved to be champions.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
themunn":3oxxtsel said:
back to back

history is what makes us. 2005 was one of the most painful sporting memories of my life. it just made 43-8 so much sweeter when it came.

Yep, and if we win that Super Bowl, I feel confident in saying that not only does 43-8 not happen, but this team as we know it doesn't happen. No Pete, no John, no Russell, no Earl, no Sherm, etc. Had we won XL, Paul Allen would have much more patience with Mora I bet.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Memories aren't as satisfying as the moment.

I'll take back to back and back for more... make them all sick and tired of Seahawks, Seahawks left-overs, Seahawks soup, Seahawks sandwiches...mwahahahahahahaha

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I would choose back to back..I wasnt even alive in 84 so it would kind of suck to miss that first Superbowl. That was something very special. It will be like when the Blazers win a championship again. 2nd one wont be as special as the first but since its been so long Im sure it will be awesome when they win again

volsunghawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":2dr9d28f said:

I'm 43, and I'd choose the back-to-back. While I'd love to be able to point back to Kreig, Easley, Largent, etc. as SB winners, I love the idea of this Hawks team being on track to do something no team has EVER done... threepeat SB champions. I already love that people talk about Seattle as a paradigm shift; if they managed to threepeat in 2013/14/15, they would easily be the team of the decade and be mentioned among the great dynasties of the NFL.