Any rules for being late to centuryLink game?

captSE

Reaction score
My daughter and 4 year old grandson will be traveling through Seattle / Sea-tac on the 14th with a 12 hr layover there with nothing to do. So, I bought them tickets to the seahawks - 49ers game not thinking about how close their arrival time is to game time (she arrives at Sea-Tac about an hour before game time).
So like I said, I found out that she will land in Seattle 1 hour before the game and if she made it on time she would really have to book it to CenturyLink to get to the door on time and everything would have to be perfect.
To change her Alaska Airlines ticket to a earlier flight, they would be asking her for a additional $1400.00 to bump up her up to a earlier flight so that's not a good option. [I know...]

Question: Does being late to a game present any problems? Will they still let you in when you're late?
Any suggestions appreciated.

Jim

kidhawk

Reaction score
captSE":gqvnucdd said:
My daughter and 4 year old grandson will be traveling through Seattle / Sea-tac on the 14th with a 12 hr layover there with nothing to do. So, I bought them tickets to the seahawks - 49ers game not thinking about how close their arrival time is to game time (she arrives at Sea-Tac about an hour before game time).
So like I said, I found out that she will land in Seattle 1 hour before the game and if she made it on time she would really have to book it to CenturyLink to get to the door on time and everything would have to be perfect.
To change her Alaska Airlines ticket to a earlier flight, they would be asking her for a additional $1400.00 to bump up her up to a earlier flight so that's not a good option. [I know...]

Question: Does being late to a game present any problems? Will they still let you in when you're late?

Jim

I've never been late to a game myself, but it's not like the theater where they lock the doors until interval. There shouldn't be any problem getting in after kickoff

Chawks1

Reaction score
There won't be any problem at all. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:25 so that might buy them a some more time too.

byau

Reaction score
captSE":ay7di6o2 said:
My daughter and 4 year old grandson will be traveling through Seattle / Sea-tac on the 14th with a 12 hr layover there with nothing to do. So, I bought them tickets to the seahawks - 49ers game

Jim

I suggest Jim for Grandpa of the year :)

doughboy63

Reaction score
Make sure the little guy has ear plugs, no sense causing hearing loss in a 4 year old.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
All I ask is that you wait for a break between plays to go down the row to your seats

pmedic920

Reaction score
How bout one of our GENTLEMEN here, offer to find them and help insure a safe and enjoyable time.
Maybe one of our family's will be passing the airport about that time and could give them a ride to the Stadium.
We are family here after all.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I never make games on time. I usually make it to my seat about halfway through the 1st quarter. They'll be fine.

OP
OP
captSE

captSE

Reaction score
You guys are great, thank you all very much.
I wish I could share just how excited my grandson is to be going to his first Seahawks game. At 4 years old he is very much into Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman and of course, as he says, Beast Mode!! haha
My daughter is stoked to bring her son to his first game. Section 311. Woohoo!
Memories to be made.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1acg6vl5 said:
All I ask is that you wait for a break between plays to go down the row to your seats
this! it is amazing how inconsiderate some people are.. alcohol enforcement douche bags too.. they act like the own the place..

Anyone else have issues with the those guys getting in your view?

also: awesome way to have them spend the layover.

mikeak

Reaction score
One more suggestion

It costs money to change your ticket ahead of time. It will not cost money to go to the airport early the same day and go standby on that flight. She can call the airline the night before and see how booked it is and what the thoughts are on getting on an earlier flight.

One more thought if you haven't been to a game before nor your daughter. Get proper hearing protection for the grandson. You can get earmuffs in a hunting store for like $15 that will be great. Ear plugs won't work well for the little ones and I have earmuffs that my kids use for ACES games, airshow etc and when I take my kid to the seahawks next year then I will definately have them for him

OP
OP
captSE

captSE

Reaction score
Thanks Barthawk for your input, appreciated very much.

Mikeak.
Thank you. I will tell my daughter about your suggestion. I was hoping a fellow Alaskan would have some input here about getting around Alaska Airlines.
Grandson James (named after me :D ) has his ear protection already so he should be ready. We've been schooling him on how loud it is and he seems to know what to expect so we are hoping the noise won't freak him out. But he will have ear protection for sure. His mother bought him some of the ear muff style protectors.

yes, we've been to games before with the last one being the Giants game (9th of Nov.). It's just my grandson being there will be a new experience.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ Good deal - sure he will enjoy it

last year at the air-show I took my sons earmuffs off to yell at him for running off on me a few times which I didn't like with all the people there. At the same time a loud plane swooped down and went right by and it was so loud he started crying.... never did have to yell at him - their ears are just so sensitive that it is easy to forget

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Back in the day....we never even heard of ear protection! Ear plugs.....what are they?
eh what?? Speak up...quit mumbling your words? ;)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2nnzn43a said:
Back in the day....we never even heard of ear protection! Ear plugs.....what are they?
eh what?? Speak up...quit mumbling your words? ;)

Hey,,,CAN YOU SPEAK UP PLEASE....i CANT HEAR YOU...THE TELEVISION IS UP TOO LOUD...... :sarcasm_off:

Erebus

Reaction score
doughboy63":2f6xe2n2 said:
Make sure the little guy has ear plugs, no sense causing hearing loss in a 4 year old.

I couldn't help but notice your post count. Welcome to .NET! :2:

Largent80

Reaction score
You will receive a severe spanking, and miss us killing Kaeperturkey......in honor of my friend Les... :141847_bnono:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Standby on the earlier flight is a good option. If extra time is available go to Touchdown City for family type stuff.

Once landed in Sea-Tac, beeline for the Light Rail. There will be signs past baggage claim: It's on the north end of the parking structure 4th level. Sea-Tac is the first stop so getting a seat shouldn't be a problem. If you aim for the connection in between the cars the seating there always fills up last.

Take the International station exit if tickets are on the north or west side. The walk down from the north is a lot faster, the lines are shorter, and you get to skip the hubbub around the event center.