Simon...

pehawk

Reaction score
Did the Hawks just find their new Browner...attitude and all? I think so. You don't see or hear his name during the games anymore, and that's a good thing at his spot.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":1qwlwa55 said:
Did the Hawks just find their new Browner...attitude and all? I think so. You don't see or hear his name during the games anymore, and that's a good thing at his spot.
I was laughing when Sherm had to get him off the field so he didn't get a 15 yarder. He is an emotional soul. A better athlete than Browner, but not quite the hitter, and Max looked good in the slot, so maybe we have our new combo.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3s6sfo1d said:
pehawk":3s6sfo1d said:
I was laughing when Sherm had to get him off the field so he didn't get a 15 yarder. He is an emotional soul. A better athlete than Browner, but not quite the hitter, and Max looked good in the slot, so maybe we have our new combo.

Simon's a more natural corner than Browner or Sherman, IMO. At least athletically. Sherman's made himself who he is, while Simon just has those skills naturally.

I dig and want that nasty, rough, lunatic opposite Sherman. It's a nice balance.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Simon is very similar to the type of player Browner was.

He'll get a few 15 yarders a year. But it's going to be worth it.

If you didn't like Browner, you won't like Simon very much.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sherman was right when he called Tharold Simon the next great corner in the game.

With 160 cover snaps, Simon leads all CBs in the league in lowest NFL QB rating allowed - a ridiculous 37.9 on 160 cover snaps. No one else with over 10 snaps allows a QB rating under 40. Simon is currently 2nd overall in cover snaps per reception among all CBs with 20.

Sherman has led all CBs, who play greater than 50% of their team's snaps, in cover snaps per reception the last two years. Like father, like son.