Michael Bennett on Sanchez...lol

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
meh, not a big fan of calling players out publicly. Sanchez never said anything derogatory about the hawks, in fact he was very complimentary after the game. This seems petty and classless. Not good form.

sturg78

Reaction score
Yeah but honestly I am happy he said it. Our d was soft when we were paying nice. Sherman said nice things about dez and kelvin and they had a little success against him. Our D are bullies, let them steal lunch money and give wet willies

Hawks46

Reaction score
You actually think this is funny ? Are you one of the fans that don't understand all the hate coming from other fan bases ? This is the kind of stuff that makes our team unlikeable. We won, move on. No need to rub it in other players' faces, or kick a team when they're down.

I think it's really poor form. They tried to get Sherman to bite, and he wouldn't do it. He was gracious and tactful.

I watched Philly's PC after the game. Every one of those guys was classy and gracious. They were obviously really upset about losing and they gave a crap. They were all accountable and held themselves up as the reason they lost, and ALL of them gave the Seahawks a ton of credit. Then Bennett comes out and says this.

I like Bennett. Personality wise, he is one of my favorite Seahawks (or was, until that comment). But coming out and saying this....it's classless, juvenile, and unnecessary. Plus, it gives a team that you might meet again bulletin board material. Really poor form.

DrDix

Reaction score
Hawks46":1foubun3 said:
You actually think this is funny ? Are you one of the fans that don't understand all the hate coming from other fan bases ? This is the kind of stuff that makes our team unlikeable. We won, move on. No need to rub it in other players' faces, or kick a team when they're down.

I think it's really poor form. They tried to get Sherman to bite, and he wouldn't do it. He was gracious and tactful.

I watched Philly's PC after the game. Every one of those guys was classy and gracious. They were obviously really upset about losing and they gave a crap. They were all accountable and held themselves up as the reason they lost, and ALL of them gave the Seahawks a ton of credit. Then Bennett comes out and says this.

I like Bennett. Personality wise, he is one of my favorite Seahawks (or was, until that comment). But coming out and saying this....it's classless, juvenile, and unnecessary. Plus, it gives a team that you might meet again bulletin board material. Really poor form.

We're supposed to care that other fan bases don't like us? ROFL, not even.

He said he is trying to impersonate a good QB, wow, man he just RIPPED him he did.

Give me a break.

You appear to be new to the team, the Seahawks sort of talk, it's what they do.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is a completely dbag thing to say.

I like Bennett but it was not needed.

And Sanchez is a backup QB, remember the starter is injured.

What kind of d*ckhead mocks the other team for having to use their backup when it is only by freak injury (unless the starter is terrible) that the backup gets to play? One step from laughing at an injury.

And the other poster is right. It makes the Seahawks look classless in victory and even more disliked than they were.

I think he was trying to say something cute and got caught up in the moment but it was still dumb considering they might have to face the team again in the playoffs.

I don't remember Dallas or KC mocking us after we lost to them. Neither do I remember the Chargers doing it.

Brahn

Reaction score
Hawks46":28k6cneh said:

Most over hyped non issue in the NFL. If you need any reason to get up to beat a team other than your job, pride, championship goal, or the fact you hate losing you are a tool. If you need a player from another team to say something to actually get you to be involved that says more about you.

Think if Dan in accounting talks trash about your accounting skills you are suddenly gonna take it to the next level to show Dan?

If you said yes, than you are not working enough to start out and the issue isn't with what Dan said. It's probably the fact what Dan said was true.

People can talk, if you get emotional over it that is kinda on the individual.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I get the feeling this was said in retaliation to something said on the field.

brettb3

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":gevat1gv said:
It is a completely dbag thing to say.

I like Bennett but it was not needed.

And Sanchez is a backup QB, remember the starter is injured.

What kind of d*ckhead mocks the other team for having to use their backup when it is only by freak injury (unless the starter is terrible) that the backup gets to play? One step from laughing at an injury.

And the other poster is right. It makes the Seahawks look classless in victory and even more disliked than they were.

I think he was trying to say something cute and got caught up in the moment but it was still dumb considering they might have to face the team again in the playoffs.

I don't remember Dallas or KC mocking us after we lost to them. Neither do I remember the Chargers doing it.
Meh. Who cares?

BamKam

Reaction score
Oh Christ.... I hate the term "class" or "classy" or whatever other word you use associated with it. This is sports, one of the most violent sports in the world to be more specific. Loser orginization talk about class because that's all they have to hold onto since they won't be winning any championships.

Why do you or anyone care what other fans think about our team? If Joe Schmoe in Philadelphia or Jane Doe in Florida doesn't think the Seahawks are very "classy" do you lose sleep over it? If so you probably need to detach yourself a little emotionally from something that is just a game.

The defense fuels off of this kind of talk, they understand that when they lose it gets shoved right back in their face too.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Brahn":1ckcmt4b said:
Hawks46":1ckcmt4b said:

Most over hyped non issue in the NFL. If you need any reason to get up to beat a team other than your job, pride, championship goal, or the fact you hate losing you are a tool. If you need a player from another team to say something to actually get you to be involved that says more about you.

Think if Dan in accounting talks trash about your accounting skills you are suddenly gonna take it to the next level to show Dan?

If you said yes, than you are not working enough to start out and the issue isn't with what Dan said. It's probably the fact what Dan said was true.

I'm not emotional about it at all. I don't care what other fan bases say about us in the least....other than informational sites this is the only fan site I visit. Look around. Look at all the posts/threads about slights and disrespect from media, fan bases, other teams' players, etc. There's a freaking ton of them. People really do care, especially after our mediocre history and decades of unimagined media slights or straight up being ignored.

Then you get people, after all the crying about being slighted go "dude, it's soooo awesome sauce that our guy totally called out these Losers after a game". It's incongruent and a bit hypocritical.

And to the guy that has 245 posts. yea, I'm new here. :34853_doh:

cacksman

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1xgmld3v said:

Amnesia?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
none of this is really a big deal. everyone is over reacting. And if Bennet was keyed up after a big win, then so be it.

Brahn

Reaction score
Hawks46":4eq0bcil said:
Brahn":4eq0bcil said:
Hawks46":4eq0bcil said:

I'm not emotional about it at all. I don't care what other fan bases say about us in the least....other than informational sites this is the only fan site I visit. Look around. Look at all the posts/threads about slights and disrespect from media, fan bases, other teams' players, etc. There's a freaking ton of them. People really do care, especially after our mediocre history and decades of unimagined media slights or straight up being ignored.

Then you get people, after all the crying about being slighted go "dude, it's soooo awesome sauce that our guy totally called out these Losers after a game". It's incongruent and a bit hypocritical.

I wasn't directing this at you. I tried to word it to make it more open and not focused on anyone person as many people will act this way. It was hard to word it without making it probably seem directed only at you as I was trying to make a reply.

If you ever feel personally attacked inform a mod, and welcome to .net. =P :mrgreen:

BamKam

Reaction score
Hawks46":2zcyyani said:
Brahn":2zcyyani said:
Hawks46":2zcyyani said:

Actually you are emotional about this and its clear you really do care about what other fan bases think. Otherwise you wouldn't be trying to defend your position so sternly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Brahn":2gjasxfg said:
Hawks46":2gjasxfg said:
Brahn":2gjasxfg said:
Hawks46":2gjasxfg said:

I wasn't directing this at you. I tried to word it to make it more open and not focused on anyone person as many people will act this way. It was hard to word it without making it probably seem directed only at you as I was trying to make a reply.

If you ever feel personally attacked inform a mod, and welcome to .net. =P :mrgreen:

I didn't feel attacked. I can understand how when someone posts something, it seems like they're emotionally invested; I was just trying to explain I wasn't. We all are emotionally invested to an extent anyways. I sure as hell am during the game. I still like Bennett, like someone else said, he was probably just trying to be funny and it came out d-baggish.

I've played a ton of competitive sports, talked some trash, got talked to, both before and during games. But it was the guys talking after words that were the biggest douches on the field. The guys getting personal and saying stuff about your family. Crap like that. I don't think Bennett is that guy, but it makes him look like it.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Brahn":s31htkwh said:
Hawks46":s31htkwh said:

There is a big difference between an accountant and a professional football player. Ever notice how bad a team plays when they are emotionless? Little things can fire up a team.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":odelf5n8 said:
meh, not a big fan of calling players out publicly. Sanchez never said anything derogatory about the hawks, in fact he was very complimentary after the game. This seems petty and classless. Not good form.

Concurred. Nothing can be gained from being a poor winner, honestly. Other than gaining an extracurricular rep you don't need on the field. A bad look.

Brahn

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3lg9r4ao said:
Brahn":3lg9r4ao said:
Hawks46":3lg9r4ao said:

There is a big difference between an accountant and a professional football player. Ever notice how bad a team plays when they are emotionless? Little things can fire up a team.

That's the issue when you need "Little things" to fire you up.

What about big things? Teammates,Your Job, Championship Goals, Pride, life long commitment to training, Family, winning.

But hey, I do not care about any of that stuff. But you call me bad on the Football field, well then guess it's time to strap up and do what I should of been doing.

Sure accountant and Sports Pros are different, it was an analogy I was trying to make not a job requirement comparison.

Is Baldwin gonna suddenly make every catch and be involved more in the offense and go for 1,000 yards and 14 TDs because he was called pedestrian, or is he just gonna keep doing what he is doing?

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's not really that funny. It reminded me of something Skip Bayless would say.

Latest posts