Fans that went to the Game

Largent80

Reaction score
How was your experience?

I would think that beat down made it easier to cope with the douchebaggery.

Cartire

Reaction score
All i know is they were boooing Simon during his injury.

Not impressed.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
Cartire":giy8t8qb said:

Not impressed.

Not being at the game I couldn't tell, I figured there were probably boo's for the injury and some that may have thought he was trying to slow down the game. But then rethinking about the fans I know of the Eagles it was probably booing for the injury

Brahn

Reaction score
FireHawk79":3p4pz2h0 said:
Cartire":3p4pz2h0 said:

Not impressed.

Not being at the game I couldn't tell, I figured there were probably boo's for the injury and some that may have thought he was trying to slow down the game. But then rethinking about the fans I know of the Eagles it was probably booing for the injury

It quickly got to that Philly level of hearing 10x the boos as cheers. Philly fans working as intended.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, nobody has chimed in yet that was actually there so I hope they got out of there alright.

253hawk

Reaction score
Cartire":137gv6s4 said:

Not impressed.

I've done the exact same thing to my finger while playing football. It really, really hurts for a while. Like jamming your finger against a 200 lb basketball.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
FireHawk79":2bm4gs69 said:
Cartire":2bm4gs69 said:

Not impressed.

Ignore the announcers. They said it was fans thinking he was trying to slow the Philly offense.

Seeing as the Philly O never ran a drive over 6 plays, what was there to slow down?

The fans were booing an injury becasue that guy had picked them off a few plays before and they were still salty.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1sppc98d said:
FireHawk79":1sppc98d said:
Cartire":1sppc98d said:

Not impressed.

Not being at the game I couldn't tell, I figured there were probably boo's for the injury and some that may have thought he was trying to slow down the game. But then rethinking about the fans I know of the Eagles it wa
s probably booing for the injury
Ignore the announcers. They said it was fans thinking he was trying to slow the Philly offense.

Seeing as the Philly O never ran a drive over 6 plays, what was there to slow down?

The fans were booing an injury becasue that guy had picked them off a few plays before and they were still salty.

Huh? Wouldnt they be cheering him getting injured then? I dont get it

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It was obvious to me that they were booing because they felt that he was faking the injury.

And no, I wasn't at the game but it was still obvious.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2ujuzdw3 said:
It was obvious to me that they were booing because they felt that he was faking the injury.

If so, they are stupid. 3 plays into a drive? Last thing Seattle wanted to do was stop the clock.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1xirjpgh said:
onanygivensunday":1xirjpgh said:

If so, they are stupid. 3 plays into a drive? Last thing Seattle wanted to do was stop the clock.
It's Philadelphia, no other explanation is necessary.

Whenever a visiting player acts like they are injured their idiot fan base immediately starts booing.

halps80

Reaction score
If no one who was actually at the game responds, should we assume the worst?

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I was there at the game. The experience was great. I got called an asshole a couple of times and told to f off once. Both of the times I was called an asshole were before the game and said in a good natured tone. The time I was told to f off was after the game when I mentioned to my buddy that way too many people were leaving before the game was decided.
The fans did cheer at Dobbs injury, boo at Simon. They also started chanting "asshole" at the refs after they were called for P I.
I didn't have any violence directed toward me or see any violence whatsoever.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Spiderdan":24up1jfx said:
I was there at the game. The experience was great. I got called an asshole a couple of times and told to f off once. Both of the times I was called an asshole were before the game and said in a good natured tone. The time I was told to f off was after the game when I mentioned to my buddy that way too many people were leaving before the game was decided.
The fans did cheer at Dobbs injury, boo at Simon. They also started chanting "asshole" at the refs after they were called for P I.

That's cool. It sound like you were wearing some Seahawks clothes, but nothing too bad there. Thanks for representing.

CHawk

Reaction score
Spiderdan":2wv2a0cz said:

I too was at the game, got the asshole chant with a tomahawk hand motion (didn't figure that out). Damn Usher women told me that I could come cry on her shoulder after the game.

I agree with you about the boo at Simon thinking he was slowing the game, but during Dobbs injury they were doing their E A G L E S chant. They did boo every time Sheman's name was mentioned what strikes me funny cause they can be just as brash, arrogant and rude :mrgreen:

Best part about our fan base sticking together in groups. Met some 12's from across the country (I live in PA). Half way though the 4th eagles fans gone you can hear SEA - HAWKS.

Keep in mind we are not hated like the Cowboys, Redskins or Giants, but that may change in Philly.

HawkStar3

Reaction score
As a visiting 12 at the game I'll report back that I had pretty good experience at the game. As we were driving up to park we saw some Hawks walking up the sidewalk on their way in. On the other side of the fence tailgating the Eagles fans were vicious in their boos as they passed. That had me worried...

As we made our way in we got a couple of seahawks aren't even real birds. That's it.

We made our way up to our seats and the ushers and workers were more than pleasant. Showed us the shortcut to our seats and were abnormally helpful. They made us feel a little more welcome.

During the game.. you can see why they have a bad name. They were course and vulgar but it was all directed at the game. Their own players. Pete. Russell Wilson. Sherm haha. The officials. They didn't have enough hate for the Hawks fans in attendance. I got some good natured ribbing and a few jabs but nothing violent or angry.

Overall the Philly fans get a bad rap, but, I was pleasantly surprised. We had a wonderful experience in a pretty cool stadium.

Winning helped. Go Hawks!

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkStar3":efpszkc1 said:
Overall the Philly fans get a bad rap, but, I was pleasantly surprised. We had a wonderful experience in a pretty cool stadium.

Winning helped. Go Hawks!

Oh. They earned that rap themselves. I dont doubt that visiting fans can have good times and not be harassed, and for that, good for you guys. But they earned the rap.

They booed Santa for heavens sake. Santa.

Riley12

Reaction score
CHawk":bp9hw6hh said:
Half way though the 4th eagles fans gone you can hear SEA - HAWKS.

That came through on the broadcast.

I clearly heard the chant followed by some booing to drown it out, then the "SEA HAWKS" got louder, I think.

Carroll was pumping his fist to an end-of-game SEA HAWKS chant too.

Latest posts