Impressive win?

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
So the defense was suffocating again for the third week in a row. I couldnt be happier to see that and the W is always good. My question is, should we be quick to say we are the kings of the NFC over this win? Hate to say it but i feel like the Eagles arent as good as their record indicates and that may be why we kicked them in the junk so hard. The road game against AZ may turn out to be alot more of a challenge, and not to mention The sneaky good Rams at home, Thoughts?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":9je04doe said:
So the defense was suffocating again for the third week in a row. I couldnt be happier to see that and the W is always good. My question is, should we be quick to say we are the kings of the NFC over this win? Hate to say it but i feel like the Eagles arent as good as their record indicates and that may be why we kicked them in the junk so hard. The road game against AZ may turn out to be alot more of a challenge, and not to mention The sneaky good Rams at home, Thoughts?

How come every time our team beats another great team some downer comes on here and says are they really a good team? Enjoy the win, the Hawks are playing great.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think that one of the "things" about this team is that they play better against good teams which in turn may cause some to question whether or not the opponent is really all that good or not.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
We've beaten the 3 [other] best teams in the NFC. Just stop.

You can put a fork in Dallas

brettb3

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":24ov3rn2 said:
:34853_doh:

Brahn

Reaction score
Anyone who seriously was on the Mark Sanchez is a NFL QB bandwagon obviously missed the past 5 seasons.

"Look at the game tape!!!!!" - Tracy Morgan

Hawks46

Reaction score
Philly is a pretty good team.

Their ST's are legit.

I was impressed with their defense...after being on the field for 30 something minutes, they were still fighting and stopping some runs. We were gashing SF in the same situation, and SF's defense is accounted as being way better.

When our defense is playing like this, I'm not sure what team is going to beat them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Absolutely an impressive win. Philly is not at the level of the Hawks, but they have a tremendous home field advantage, and hadn't lost there all year.

I am worried about our special teams though, seems like it's an adventure for EVERY special teams play.........even punting, which Ryan used to be the rock of the special teams.

But Doug scares the crap out of me, Richardson needs to learn when to take a knee, and our coverage units are mediocre at best.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Eagles D line is quality. We should be proud of that win. Let's be honest with ourselves, if Williams had picked off Wilson on that play, he was gone and it was a different game. It was a good win, but let's not pretend like we walked away with no mistakes.

While I think we can handle the Niners and Cards easily, I'm not going to get cocky. BOTH are still fighting for something, and the 49ers will always be a slugfest. They're going to come up pissed off that we manhandled them in their house and they'll want to do the same thing. I think this is where the Hawks philosophy of every game being a championship game comes into play. I doubt any of them are thinking past next week.

All that said, I want to destroy the Rams. Something about Fisher pisses me off to no end.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Philly had not lost at home until yesterday.

WITH Sanchez, they were averaging over 400 yards a game on Offense.

Stop trying to convince everyone that they are not that great.

The Hawks beat a good team in their house.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Fletcher Cox is being compared to Reggie White, he is an elite defensive lineman and that was obvious by the pressure he put on.

Marshawn Lynch was held to 86 yards by a very good defense.

LeSean McCoy is one of the best, if not the best, RBs in the league.

Darren Sproles is lightning quick but our defense was disciplined and shut both of them down.

It was an impressive win. especially for the offense. They gritted out 24 points that did not come easy. This game was close for a long time and one missed assignment on Shady McCoy could have put them within 3 points.

So yes, road game on the east coast, impressive win.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":182azro0 said:
Absolutely an impressive win. Philly is not at the level of the Hawks, but they have a tremendous home field advantage, and hadn't lost there all year.

I am worried about our special teams though, seems like it's an adventure for EVERY special teams play.........even punting, which Ryan used to be the rock of the special teams.

But Doug scares the crap out of me, Richardson needs to learn when to take a knee, and our coverage units are mediocre at best.

Yea it's starting to worry me that in two games in a row, snaps hit Ryan right in the hands and he's dropped them. That can't continue.

Also, our offense still needs some polish. Man we're sloppy with the dumb penalties, which is why this game was as close as it was.

grizbob

Reaction score
It's a road win against a team that doesn't lose at home, if that doesn't impress you you're a new fan or haven't been paying attention :roll:

Rob12

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":33hvdp62 said:

The Cardinals are in deep trouble. Stanton under center, and now Ellington is done for the year. They won't be able to fight us off. As is, I can't see their offense scoring more than 10 points against this defense.

Philly isn't as good as their record, but they are a good football team. Anytime you shut down a Chip Kelly offense like that, it's impressive. 139 total yards is insane.

The game I worry the most about is the Rams. They are playing great football right now. They would love nothing more than to come in here and play the spoiler role and stop us from getting a No. 1 seed.

But it's like Pete just said - it doesn't matter who we play from here on out. It's simply a matter of HOW these guys prepare and hoe they play.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
grizbob":17dghqj0 said:
It's a road win against a team that doesn't lose at home, if that doesn't impress you you're a new fan or haven't been paying attention :roll:

This. Even last year we struggled on the road. Historically we are below average on the road and I'll take any win, even if it's ugly as sin, away from home. I liked the game as it seemed like the offense and defense were on fire. But this brings up an interesting point, when was the last time that all 3 aspects were playing great the same game? Even during the Owl run it seemed that 2/3 were great, but one team under performed. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast with this team.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
OkieHawk":353joev1 said:
grizbob":353joev1 said:

This. Even last year we struggled on the road. Historically we are below average on the road and I'll take any win, even if it's ugly as sin, away from home. I liked the game as it seemed like the offense and defense were on fire. But this brings up an interesting point, when was the last time that all 3 aspects were playing great the same game? Even during the Owl run it seemed that 2/3 were great, but one team under performed. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast with this team.
How is 6-2 struggling on the road?

253hawk

Reaction score
Missed blatant holding call lost the game @ SF and the Colts were propped up all game by the refs (safety instead of a TD, anyone?) Not like anyone blew us out last year in their house.

And to be fair to Ryan, the wind was crazy yesterday, which is also why Baldwin was letting punts bounce.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Very impressive. And no need to jump on the OP for opening the convo. The issue is brought up by all kinds of bloggers, podcasters, and commercial TV folks whenever the Seahawks do their thing. Each of our last 3 wins have been met with "yeah, but" responses from some. Yeah, but Drew Stanton... yeah, but 9ers struggling offense... yeah but, Mark Sanchez...

I don't fixate on the detractors. It does nothing for me. The positivity emanating from our players and coaches, and the way our Hawks fly around the field is enough to get me excited. I bring it up because it is a running theme, it is out there, and for the blatherers who don't really watch the Seahawks until we go up against a "premiere" team, or an NFC East team, that narrative will continue.

But there are also unbiased folks out there who get it. The ones who have known for a long time that Pete is not "a joke" like Warren Sapp said "a little birdie" told him years ago. The ones who know how skillful, willful, and in control Russell Wilson is. The ones who know we were getting by with backups in a lot of key positions on both sides of the ball, particularly on defense. After this 3rd dominant performance in a row – 2 of which have been on the road – those folks are now educating the willfully ignorant that the BOOM is back, Wilson is an electric, one-of-a-kind QB, and the Seahawks are sustaining excellent playoff-calibre football right now.

To many outsiders, we are the bad boys of the NFL. I understand things like Sherman's rants and Bennett's pull-no-punches quips will irritate non-Seahawks fans. But we know these guys, we appreciate the team-focused approach, the ability to use "new age" methods en route to playing "old school" smash-mouth football, and the championship mindset. We see the Hawks as the good guys, but there's nothing wrong with outsiders wanting to put the black hat on us. There's nothing wrong with our players' off-field talk and on-field dominance stirring up anger in opposing teams' fanbases.

The questions are okay. It happens every year. Did we just beat a good team? Or did we just take advantage of a team that has taken advantage of a soft schedule? How much of our poor play in 4 losses was due to an intangible "Super Bowl Hangover" and how much was injuries and taking time to get new players up to speed? All valid queries.

For me, the answer is: none of that matters. We know our guys. If they come out and play the way they are capable – if they continue hitting the field with that championship mindset – we know they can win any game, any time, anywhere. When they play together, for each other, they are absolutely, resolutely, historically impressive.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1p0xwcod said:
It was an impressive win. especially for the offense. They gritted out 24 points that did not come easy.

And for the 3rd week in a row they sealed it with a long, time consuming drive that ended with either victory formation in the red zone or, in the case of SF, going for it on 4th instead of taking more points, so the points total is deceiving. The best part is there is room to improve.

Offense is coming around - defense is just downright nasty and makes any offense in the NFL look bad right now.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1023qyzg said:
12thManHawkFan":1023qyzg said:
The game I worry the most about is the Rams. They are playing great football right now. They would love nothing more than to come in here and play the spoiler role and stop us from getting a No. 1 seed.

Rams D is playing great but lets remember the competition - and there is no way a team comes into Seattle with Hill as their starting QB and beats a Seahawk team gearing up for a SB run. The 14 points the Eagles just scored may be the most we give up over these next 3 games.