I Was Wrong!

emurri

Reaction score
A few weeks back I made a post about how Pete and John deserved the blame for the poor performance of this team up until that point and that I expected more out of this team. Well, after these past three weeks I have some major crow to eat. At the time I didn't know if we would make the playoffs, looking at the schedule we had to navigate. However, John and Pete have brought in some guys mid-season that have really helped (I think we have a great coaching staff - maybe the best, and that helps as well), and we have gotten healthier (Wagner, Chancellor and many others). We are now starting to get hot at the right time and we are starting to look like last years team. I feel that when you are easy to give out criticism you must also be ready to give credit. These two deserve SO MUCH credit for turning us around and while there have been some mistakes, their hits have far outnumbered the mistakes. And the fact that they are so quick to address and accept the mistake and deal with it, makes them all the more impressive. I just have to say thank God we have Pete and John running this team.

SilNWest

Reaction score
Frohawk25360":2b52vxre said:

and enjoy the rest of the season :lol: . I have doubted as well, but luckily for me, I haven't posted those doubts. Good on you to say how you were wrong.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The message is don't post if/ when you are upset about the results of a game.

PBTW you were wrong, and they should be getting kudos for keeping the boys together.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It is so easy to place blame when the team begins to lose along with poor on field performance. I admit that when we were 3-3 that I felt that we only had a 50-50 chance of making the Playoffs. However, thanks to the performance of JS and Pete, they were able to get this team to believe in themselves once again. Others may downplay your apology, but I admire a person who can "man up".

mort

Reaction score
Been wringing my hands all season too, finally some solid d these past few weeks and the playoff picture coming into focus have me feeling very optimistic that we'll get the chance to prove we can win any given Sunday

Hawks46

Reaction score
Takes more guts to come back and make an entire post in which you eat crow. Way to man up.

It's harder to admit you're wrong, than criticize someone else's posts.

That said, it's a long season and the lesson here is, "it's not over until it's over".

drdiags

Reaction score
I would probably wait until after the next two games before posting a mea culpa. Drop one or two of those and you probably are going to be back in an ornery mood. Win the next two, then would be a good time to come clean.

Timing is everything. Don't mess up the good roll you helped put the team on (j/k).

seahawksny

Reaction score
You arent alone, just most wont admit they felt the same.
I said after the raider game that we werent making playoffs.

There was one poster that said after KC that the only game we would win from that point on was SF at home. WHO WAS THAT CULPRIT?

Rob12

Reaction score
I think that most of us who have spent any amount of time on message boards have popped off out of frustration and said something that was flat out wrong.

Way to own it... Go Hawks.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Frohawk25360":2emce72i said:

I wish this forum had less of these sorts of posts. Not sure what was added or gained from this.

Emurri, way to own up and admit you were wrong. You took a lot of heat on that post.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We struggled badly at times last year as well. I think sometimes we forget that.

This team is still championship caliber.

Rob12

Reaction score
seahawksny":2ztgspwg said:
You arent alone, just most wont admit they felt the same.
I said after the raider game that we werent making playoffs.

There was one poster that said after KC that the only game we would win from that point on was SF at home. WHO WAS THAT CULPRIT?

It was pretty rampant after the KC loss. Plenty of posts predicting our demise and looking forward to the draft. A lot of fans just couldn't see through the temporal issues that this team (mainly injuries) was going through - and would overcome, like they're doing now.

Hopefully it's a lesson to always believe in this team. When we were 3-2, Rodney Harrison said that we were still the most talented team in the league and we'd be there at the end of the season. It was painful seeing longtime posters wanting the team to get the surgeries for the injured guys and shelf for the season. Hope those guys don't get to that point again.