The season ends with:
Seahawks 12-4
Packers 12-4 (L to Det)
Lions 12-4
Cards 12-4 (L to Sea)
Cowboys or Eagles 12-4

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if it goes to division record or conference record first, but in that scenario:

I think Seattle would get the 1st seed. We'd only have 1 divisional loss, and only 2 conference losses. It's a pretty big deal that two of our losses were to AFC teams.

KatarHol

Reaction score
There is only one way either one of those scenarios happen, and the seahawks get the number 1 seed either way. At least according to the espn playoff machine.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2o0zx09y said:
The season ends with:
Seahawks 12-4
Packers 12-4 (L to Det)
Lions 12-4
Cards 12-4 (L to Sea)
Cowboys or Eagles 12-4

Under this scenario, yes the Seahawks would win HFA. The Lions will win the NFC North because they would have beaten the Packers twice. The Seahawks would win the NFC West because they beat the Cards twice. The Seahawks would beat the Lions via a tiebreaker.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks win out.
Pack lose one more and we're #1 seed.

Now will it happen? I'm hoping so, but I have my doubts. Really needed the Pats to win last week but they just fell short. Detroit could step up though. <fingers crossed>

All that said, I do believe this team can win an NFCCG in GB.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sweet.

As long as the Seahawks run the table... Seahawks can scrape by the Cowboys and Lions as long as there are three teams or more at 12-4.

jkitsune

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3pfumfju said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3pfumfju said:
The season ends with:
Seahawks 12-4
Packers 12-4 (L to Det)
Lions 12-4
Cards 12-4 (L to Sea)
Cowboys or Eagles 12-4

Under this scenario, yes the Seahawks would win HFA. The Lions will win the NFC North because they would have beaten the Packers twice. The Seahawks would win the NFC West because they beat the Cards twice. The Seahawks would beat the Lions via a tiebreaker.

Head-to-head DOES NOT MATTER in a >2-team tie, UNLESS one team has beaten ALL other teams they are tied with OR one team has LOST to ALL other teams they are tied with.

The first tiebreaker for multi-team ties is CONFERENCE record. Seattle has lost only one NFC game thus far (Cowboys), and holds a tiebreaker over nearly every other team in the NFC as a result.

The only team that has a tiebreaker over the Seahawks right now is the Cowboys. Because this is a head-to-head tiebreaker, this ONLY applies if the Cowboys and Seahawks are the ONLY teams involved in the tiebreaking scenario. Seattle will win a 3-way tie over the Cowboys as it stands right now.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":35lf13po said:
Hawks win out.

Now will it happen? I'm hoping so, but I have my doubts. Really needed the Pats to win last week but they just fell short. Detroit could step up though. <fingers crossed>

Packers have to go to Buffalo. They just made Peyton look bad in his own house. Not an easy feat. They're a legit defense to be sure, and I honestly think the Broncos defense is better than the Packers. If the Bills can score 17 on Denver at Denver, they should be able to score 24 on the Packers at home. The question is, can they hold the Pack to under 24 ?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Using a program that figures this stuff out, there are only two ways we don't get the #1 seed if we win out:

GB wins out.

We finish in a two way tie with Dallas.

If any combination of three or more teams end tied at 12-4, Seattle wins the tiebreakers.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2asr3lbv said:
hawksfansinceday1":2asr3lbv said:
Hawks win out.

Packers have to go to Buffalo. They just made Peyton look bad in his own house. Not an easy feat. They're a legit defense to be sure, and I honestly think the Broncos defense is better than the Packers. If the Bills can score 17 on Denver at Denver, they should be able to score 24 on the Packers at home. The question is, can they hold the Pack to under 24 ?

Exactly. The Bills are going to beat the Packers, I think. There we're some AWFULLY odd calls in that came. Two late flags wiping out Peyton INT's, which sure smelled like "shit, the Bills could win this...lets throw a flag a minute after the play". Really, really bizarre officiating across the league today.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Also, in my scenario the NFC East team that ends up 11-5 would end up getting booted out by the NFC South winner.

It would be hilarious if that team was the Cowboys. The one time they finish strong and above .500 football they can't get into the Play-Offs. Ha.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seattle also lost to St. Louis. they have 2 conference losses.

This game today made the #2 seed very achievable, and the 1 seed hopeful with help.

Right now the probability favors seattle being the 2 or 5 seed.

KatarHol

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":11c7mct6 said:
Using a program that figures this stuff out, there are only two ways we don't get the #1 seed if we win out:

GB wins out.

We finish in a two way tie with Dallas.

If any combination of three or more teams end tied at 12-4, Seattle wins the tiebreakers.

Yep, Dallas will lose at least one more. Can the Falcons, Bills, Bucs or Lions take down green bay? Can we win out?

If Green Bay, Dallas, and Seattle wins out, we wind up in third.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jkitsune":dqx2qx2v said:
hawkfan68":dqx2qx2v said:
Pandion Haliaetus":dqx2qx2v said:
The season ends with:
Seahawks 12-4
Packers 12-4 (L to Det)
Lions 12-4
Cards 12-4 (L to Sea)
Cowboys or Eagles 12-4

Head-to-head DOES NOT MATTER in a >2-team tie, UNLESS one team has beaten ALL other teams they are tied with OR one team has LOST to ALL other teams they are tied with.

The first tiebreaker for multi-team ties is CONFERENCE record. Seattle has lost only one NFC game thus far (Cowboys), and holds a tiebreaker over nearly every other team in the NFC as a result.

The only team that has a tiebreaker over the Seahawks right now is the Cowboys. Because this is a head-to-head tiebreaker, this ONLY applies if the Cowboys and Seahawks are the ONLY teams involved in the tiebreaking scenario. Seattle will win a 3-way tie over the Cowboys as it stands right now.

Okay, THANK YOU. It isn't NECESSARY to highlight all your IMPORTANT WORDS with CAPS LOCK. We all possess FIFTH-GRADE READING COMPREHENSION and can spot the IMPORTANT CONCEPTS for ourselves. ;)

Small nitpick: we've lost two NFC games (Cowboys and Rams), so we'd tie Detroit for conference record and bring it down to common games. But as long as we win out, we'll own that tiebreaker as well.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Every week it's becoming more and more encouraging but we haven't clinched anything yet. We have to gear up for the Niners and take it from there. Not to be a potential downer, but isn't there also still the possibility a scenario could envelop where we finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs altogether?

If: Eagles win the east at 12-4, Cowboys finish 11-5, Lions 12-4, Packers 12-4; Arizona 12-4 or 13-3 and Hawks 11-5-we'd miss out altogether. The Lions would have to beat the Packers at GB which are slim odds. If they lost to the Pack there'd still be a 3 way tie at 11-5 and the Hawks get in over the Cowboys...

Better yet, let's just win the whole damn thing!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I think that notions of GB losing to Buffalo are mostly fantasy, but since they're our best hope the rest of the way to hang a loss on the Pack, I'm on board for holding out hope.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean...I'll tune in and root for Atlanta until the game gets out of hand. I'd love to be surprised. I expect them to get flattened.

AgentDib

Reaction score
As great as our defense is playing right now it is going to be tough to win all three of our remaining division games. We'll be favored significantly in each, but probably no more than 75% vs. SF and STL and 65% at ARI. The likelihood of winning all three with those odds would be just 36% and it is far more likely that we would end up 11-5 than any other option. Fortunately, the odds of 12-4 will go up significantly with each win we manage.

Even if we finish 11-5 things still look alright. The only places where I think we would be underdogs would be @GB and possibly @DET, and the routes to those places look like they probably wouldn't occur until the NFCCG. Odds are pretty good that ARI, DAL, PHI and DET finish no better than 11-5 and we would have the tie-breaker over those teams if we were all 11-5.

jkitsune

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3l6x8jgu said:
jkitsune":3l6x8jgu said:
hawkfan68":3l6x8jgu said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3l6x8jgu said:
The season ends with:
Seahawks 12-4
Packers 12-4 (L to Det)
Lions 12-4
Cards 12-4 (L to Sea)
Cowboys or Eagles 12-4

Okay, THANK YOU. It isn't NECESSARY to highlight all your IMPORTANT WORDS with CAPS LOCK. We all possess FIFTH-GRADE READING COMPREHENSION and can spot the IMPORTANT CONCEPTS for ourselves. ;)

Small nitpick: we've lost two NFC games (Cowboys and Rams), so we'd tie Detroit for conference record and bring it down to common games. But as long as we win out, we'll own that tiebreaker as well.

I capitalized with shift, NOT with caps lock. Come on, now!

Latest posts