Officiating

Gametime

Reaction score
On the Eagles post game coverage on their site right now they are calling the refs the "12-man" for Seattle.

I wonder if the lopsided officiating and the outcry suddenly caught up and the Hawks got more of the benefit of the doubt today. I think it had an impact and most of the 50/50 calls went our way on the road.

Interesting. Hate hearing them completely put this on the refs and give zero credit to the defensive though. Hahah.

Haters gonna hate.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Gametime":1ty30p7p said:
On the Eagles post game coverage on their site right now they are calling the refs the "12-man" for Seattle.

I wonder if the lopsided officiating and the outcry suddenly caught up and the Hawks got more of the benefit of the doubt today. I think it had an impact and most of the 50/50 calls went our way on the road.

Interesting. Hate hearing them completely put this on the refs and give zero credit to the defensive though. Hahah.

Haters gonna hate.

I can't speak to the remainder of the game, but I thought that DPI on the deep throw to Baldwin was an awful, awful call. I'll take it, but I was convinced that had to be on Baldwin.

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
jkitsune":3iocjhn0 said:
Gametime":3iocjhn0 said:

Haters gonna hate.

I can't speak to the remainder of the game, but I thought that DPI on the deep throw to Baldwin was an awful, awful call. I'll take it, but I was convinced that had to be on Baldwin.

I agree. I'll take it for sure but it sure seemed like the Hawks had some breathing room tonight. The 50/50 calls were really going in favor of the Hawks. Hope that continues! :thirishdrinkers:

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Most fans seem to think touching a receiver is an automatic foul. Part of the problem is that the coaches of their teams seem to think so, too. What they should probably demand, instead, is that their own teams develop the physical, intimidating style of defense that the Seahawks play. I realize that is frowned upon even to the point of legislating against in todays NFL, but it seems to be working for us.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Well regardless of this or that call, Seattle had 8 flags thrown against them and Philly was only whistled four times. Four penalties is well under the Eagles' per-game average of 6.85, so the trend of Seattle opponents suddenly playing much "cleaner" than they usually do continues.

It's nice to get an occasional call though, no question about that. We're so used to being abused, when they almost call it straight-up, it seems like a gift from the gods.

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":qhwzarru said:
Most fans seem to think touching a receiver is an automatic foul. Part of the problem is that the coaches of their teams seem to think so, too. What they should probably demand, instead, is that their own teams develop the physical, intimidating style of defense that the Seahawks play. I realize that is frowned upon even to the point of legislating against in todays NFL, but it seems to be working for us.

Agree, 100%. I was definitely nice to see the game called more evenly than we've seen the last several weeks.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The DB didn't make a play on the ball and impeded Baldwin.

The PI call on Wagner on an uncatchable ball that led to the TD evened that one out.

They blew one call, the ineligible receiver, the rest of the time they did a good job of letting both teams play.

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
Well......they just finished up with a full on conversation about how they'd be fine coming to Seattle in the playoffs, "noise wouldn't be an issue with the up tempo offense", "Give Chip another crack and he'll solve us."

HAHAHA.

This is great stuff. Adorable.

253hawk

Reaction score
8 penalties is right within our average as well as last year's. Not really worried on that front.

At least 2 missed called on Philly: false start on the first drive I think and Russ getting his helmet smacked after a throw (remember when Earl got flagged for daintily tapping Tannehill on what would have been the game-sealing INT?) So inconsistent.

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
253hawk":3hzs54a3 said:
8 penalties is right within our average as well as last year's. Not really worried on that front.

At least 2 missed called on Philly: false start on the first drive I think and Russ getting his helmet smacked after a throw (remember when Earl got flagged for daintily tapping Tannehill on what would have been the game-sealing INT?) So inconsistent.

I think you nailed it. Inconsistency and the call differentiation crew to crew is an issue.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Someone might want to nudge those douche helmets and let them know we were called for twice as many penalties as they were.

Gripe all they want, that was a thorough beat down.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
jkitsune":35u7rqo6 said:

The CB hugged Baldwin while the ball was in the air and didn't turn around until he impeded his progress. That's DPI.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
There were a couple of iffy calls right up front, but overall it wasn't that bad. I was waiting for a couple of flagrant "makeup" calls that didn't happen, though.

Watching the Baldwin long PI call, I thought immediately it was the right call; a buddy of mine thought it was PI on Baldwin immediately. Upon the replay, he agreed with me that Baldwin had been mugged prior. I think that was the right call.

Not a terribly horrible outing by the officials. A couple of questionable calls, but then, there are on most games. And it wasn't excessive on either team. And as was already pointed out, we did get more of the calls than they did, which is par for the course this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Eagles first TD, the WR was blocking more than a yard past the LOS and before the catch. No call.

I am fine with that, at least the officiating crew was consistent.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I honestly felt that the refs made some bad calls to our favor. I'm not going to lie. But it is what it is. I will take the win EVERY TIME!

Sac

Reaction score
Please. How many times did Russ get hit in the head, and driven into the ground after he got the ball off without a yellow hankey in sight?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1vptj1na said:
jkitsune":1vptj1na said:

The CB hugged Baldwin while the ball was in the air and didn't turn around until he impeded his progress. That's DPI.

Exactly. That was the easiest DPI call ever. Eagles only had 4 penalties the whole game...the Seahawks had 8. I don't think the Seahawks benefitted from officiating. There were a couple of fumbles that Eagles had that weren't called as such, said the player was down. Huff clearly fumbled that kickoff, they gave the ball to the Eagles. Eagles proceeded to score a td via a drive after that.