Richardson screwed up there

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Should have let the defender catch it.

Would have been on the 3 or 5 yard line vs 20. It was 3rd down anyway, no advantage to defending against the interception there.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I wasn't pleased with Richardson's KO returns, either. And as long as we are on the subject, Kearse needs to learn how to fair catch a punt. He cost us a total of 25 yards in field position by allowing the ball to drop not once, but twice. Walters wouldn't have let that happen.

ST's need some work.

capncrunch

Reaction score
RiverDog":1c4rz2n1 said:
I wasn't pleased with Richardson's KO returns, either. And as long as we are on the subject, Kearse needs to learn how to fair catch a punt. He cost us a total of 25 yards in field position by allowing the ball to drop not once, but twice. Walters wouldn't have let that happen.

ST's need some work.

Was that Kearse or Baldwin on the punts not caught.

kobebryant

Reaction score
QBs appreciate efforts to keep ins off their stat lines. Can't fault a guy for competing.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
kobebryant":1fubx4hr said:
QBs appreciate efforts to keep ins off their stat lines. Can't fault a guy for competing.
Truth. Plus, how realistic is it to expect someone to override every instinct and think, logically, "Well, it's actually better if I let him pick it because they'll be pinned deep." Instinct says: "Fight like hell for the ball!"

Seanhawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":untggkl5 said:
kobebryant":untggkl5 said:
Truth. Plus, how realistic is it to expect someone to override every instinct and think, logically, "Well, it's actually better if I let him pick it because they'll be pinned deep." Instinct says: "Fight like hell for the ball!"

Yeah, sorry, but the OP is way off base here. Would it have been better field position wise? Yes. But who knows what getting a pick would do for their confidence, or ours, for that matter.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I was actually amazed by the elevation he got on that jump and think it was an incredible learning experience for him. If stops and leaps like that to the inside he most likely comes down w/ the catch ala' Golden Tate style. Just food for thought.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Seanhawk":33cusmql said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":33cusmql said:
kobebryant":33cusmql said:

Yeah, sorry, but the OP is way off base here. Would it have been better field position wise? Yes. But who knows what getting a pick would do for their confidence, or ours, for that matter.

Agreed on all counts. I think this is a criticism you can levy against defensive players, but I don't want offensive players thinking about whether it's better to allow an INT.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Always compete.

Maybe challenging the play, as opposed to letting the defender get it, could result in bounce into Richardson's lap. Giving up isn't what the Seahawks do.

RiverDog

Reaction score
capncrunch":2on0vc7a said:
RiverDog":2on0vc7a said:

ST's need some work.

Was that Kearse or Baldwin on the punts not caught.

I'll have to yield to you guys. I thought it was Kearse, but I could be mistaken. Regardless, it's something that needs to get fixed.

Tical21

Reaction score
INT returns have a far greater chance of being big plays than punt returns do. I don't think you should give a team the chance to make a game-changing play when you can avoid it.

The return game was pretty rough tonight. As far as the punt returns, Pete said that because of the wind, Baldwin was instructed to just let the ball drop if there was any question at all.

The kick returns were rough. I'm hoping P-Rich stays, but wouldn't be surprised if we see Walters in both roles next week.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I definitely expected this to be about Richardson's insistence on taking deep balls out on kick returns. There may be legit criticism there. Criticizing Richardson for reflexively preventing a pick is insane.

evergreen

Reaction score
I just yell , "stay!" He keeps taking them out when there's no chance!

Polk738

Reaction score
if you listen to PC after the game he was actually telling Baldwin not to catch them because of the wind, I guess the balls were very erratic in the air today.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
ADBs explanation about the punts

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418018603139.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418018603139.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 410

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I support Doug's thinking there.

When you have the superior team, so much of winning is just about avoiding high-variance plays.

Latest posts