Interesting JS info on the espn NFL countdown Wilson piece

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
If John Schneider had got his way as Director of Personnel for Seahawks in 2000 we would have drafted Drew Brees over trading for Matt Hasselback. Very interesting, hmmm. Tough one for me as loved Matt but having gotten Drew would have been intriguing for sure.

Deterrence

Reaction score
Certainly the entire franchise would be different and we may not have Pete or the beastquake but can you imagine having Drew Brees and still drafting Russell Wilson to sit behind him in the third round? We wouldn't be able to complain about the Colts or Packers going from a franchise qb to franchise qb

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":lilrr4db said:
If John Schneider had got his way as Director of Personnel for Seahawks in 2000 we would have drafted Drew Brees over trading for Matt Hasselback. Very interesting, hmmm. Tough one for me as loved Matt but having gotten Drew would have been intriguing for sure.
Not a tough one for me. Brees is a HOF talent.

Hasselbeck not so much.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3ahfie8j said:
oregonhawkfan":3ahfie8j said:

Hasselbeck not so much.

Yeah, but 2007 Hass is/was so much better than Wilson. :stirthepot:

endzorn

Reaction score
Holmgren's ways are written on stone tablets...zero room for compromise. Brees didn't fit the mold Walrus looks for in a QB so this doesn't even seem like a story to me.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":37nv9ijo said:
Holmgren's ways are written on stone tablets...zero room for compromise. Brees didn't fit the mold Walrus looks for in a QB so this doesn't even seem like a story to me.

Yup.

Hass would've actually been better if given a more Patriots run and play-action game. the WCO took away his in-play savvy and football IQ a bit. By the time Holmgren got here he was really fascinated with etching his name in stone by doing things entirely based off a system and not talent. He wanted robots. Total opposite of Pete.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Well today Brees is playing like he accidentally took NyQuil instead of DayQuil this morning.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":24kdte0b said:
oregonhawkfan":24kdte0b said:

Hasselbeck not so much.

People forget that Drew Brees wasn't that great a QB until he synced up with Sean Payton.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3dwys2ys said:
Hasselbeck":3dwys2ys said:
Tech Worlds":3dwys2ys said:
oregonhawkfan":3dwys2ys said:

Hasselbeck not so much.

People forget that Drew Brees wasn't that great a QB until he synced up with Sean Payton.

I thought Brees was decent in SD, and was shocked that the Bolts drafted Rivers then traded away Brees.
People forgot that

scutterhawk

Reaction score
endzorn":27jcbfjo said:
That's because Holmgren wasn't a big fan of runts, no matter how talented.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
endzorn":15v52l5s said:

Yeah but I would have never thought Brett would have done well with holmgren either. Farvre pretty much did what he wanted even under Mike.

lobohawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2oth8emx said:
Hasselbeck":2oth8emx said:
Tech Worlds":2oth8emx said:
oregonhawkfan":2oth8emx said:

Hasselbeck not so much.

I thought Brees was decent in SD, and was shocked that the Bolts drafted Rivers then traded away Brees.

Bree's actually didn't step up unplayable until after Rivers was drafted. Not to say it was all on him, as their line kinda sucked. Then he got hurt and it wasn't a sure thing that he would come back as strong.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Rivers was actually drafted by the Giants and traded to the Chargers along with a pick for Manning the younger. Rivers didn't play until Brees hurt his rotator cuff. The Bolts thought Breese was done and let him go.

pehawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2r5fquol said:
Rivers was actually drafted by the Giants and traded to the Chargers along with a pick for Manning the younger. Rivers didn't play until Brees hurt his rotator cuff. The Bolts thought Breese was done and let him go.

Just had to participate, huh?

I hate posts based on correcting facts.

Latest posts