December

Largent80

Reaction score
As bad as October was, November was a pointing UP for the Seahawks as far as getting injured players back and the F.O. making some fantastic acquisitions to help this team. Successful teams close out the year on a roll and we seem poised to make a run.

December will make us, and not break us, however our opportunity is unquestionable.

This is the month that will define a defense of our title.

Thoughts?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1ggt8319 said:

Key word, "defense."

As long as our D keeps playing like it has the past two games, and there's no reason to think it won't as long as we stay healthy............then we should win at least three of the last four games.

I see a team that's finally got the right mindset and it's health to roll into December fully motivated and as Pete says "on it."

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Here Here...."can you win in the first qtr...NO can you win in the second qtr...NO Can you win in the third qtr...NO"...well were in the fourth qtr....TIME TO WIN!!!

byau

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":8e7t4yih said:
Who can beat Seattle right now? Nooooo body!

Hmm..that's what many said after the Seahawks beat the Packers in Game 1. Some even thought these guys might possibly go 16-0 ( I did too!). On ESPN Mike and Mike they even went through the schedule and tried to figure out which games they might lose and came up with only a few maybes

Being very cautious here - been burnt too many times.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Since Pete got here, he's gone 13-7 in December. (This will be the first December where they've only had 4 games in the final month while under Carroll' has been here.) However, if you take out 2010, then it goes to 11 - 4, and that tells me that Pete gets his team humming towards the end of the season. It was one of those things I expected to happen again this year, and I would not be surprised if that 2011 - current mark goes up to 15 - 4 this year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, we have a really tough schedule. I'm going all optimistic in this post:

Positives:

Late start at Philly.
#1Cards game is prime time. We own prime time.
#2. 2 home games left. We've owned both SF and STL at home, so you can probably consider both of those wins, which puts us at 10. Splitting AZ or Philly (and saying we beat AZ in prime time) gives us 11. Depending on how AZ does, that wins the division.
#3. We control our own destiny. If we win out, we win the division and maybe #1 seed in the NFC.

We also have to look at the competition. AZ, DAL, and SF don't have easy remaining schedules. PHI have 2 tough games and 2 cream puffs left. It stands to reason that AZ and DAL fall off, we really need to beat PHI, and SF is for most intents and purposes done.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
As usual, Pete's team is starting to peak late in the season. I think we win the division without too much problems.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
My preseason prediction was we'd go 11-5. I figured we'd lose in either St. Louis or Carolina. I didn't figure we'd lose to Dallas. The win in SF made up for that and we're back on track. In Philly was counted as a loss.

Now? Mark Sanchez makes Philly more beatable. But that defense of theirs is pretty good. Wilson will be under relentless pursuit and Lynch will have trouble running. OTOH, their secondary sucks and gives up big plays and Seattle is a big play kinda team. I think Wilson will get sacked a lot, I think Wilson will burn them for some deep passes. I think our D will get turnovers.

I think we'll win.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Largent80":7mru526b said:
As bad as October was, November was a pointing UP for the Seahawks as far as getting injured players back and the F.O. making some fantastic acquisitions to help this team. Successful teams close out the year on a roll and we seem poised to make a run.

December will make us, and not break us, however our opportunity is unquestionable.

Thoughts?
Disagree with this, all of the last 8 Super Bowl Champions have struggled in December, including us last year. Hopefully we break that trend.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Well then.....

We ACED December.....Last year our offense was sputtering in December, this year, we are discovering something new each week.

The difference between this year and last are almost parallels. Last year, fast start, slow finish. This year .500 start and strong finish.

I'm liking this years version better. Get ready for another parade in Seattle.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1ccyq0iu said:
Since Pete got here, he's gone 13-7 in December. (This will be the first December where they've only had 4 games in the final month while under Carroll' has been here.) However, if you take out 2010, then it goes to 11 - 4, and that tells me that Pete gets his team humming towards the end of the season. It was one of those things I expected to happen again this year, and I would not be surprised if that 2011 - current mark goes up to 15 - 4 this year.

Consider me unsurprised.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating: until Pete's last year at USC in 2009, the Trojans never lost a single game in the month of November while he was head coach.