Thank You Falcons

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A mildly surprising upset. I say mildly because after our dismantling of the Cardinals a week ago, I knew they were going to start a downward spiral. Even their defense looked average at best. Peterson learned a valuable lesson...You might want to think twice about stirring up a giant publicly the week before a game.

Boy we really do control our own destiny at this point. Win out and we will win the division, host a playoff game and who knows?

We can still drop a game and make the playoffs. Heck, maybe even two and 10-6 still gets us in, but there's not a single player or coach thinking math right now. They expect to win their final 4 games and so should we.

GO HAWKS!!!

The goal of RE-PETE is still alive and well!!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to you I have nightmares due to your avatar.

kearly

Reaction score
Destroying the 49ers on Thanksgiving shocked me, but Atlanta beating Arizona did not. Atlanta is actually a plus team at home, and it's a long trip for AZ. But most importantly, Atlanta is the kind of team that knows how to beat the blitz, and their biggest weakness (their secondary) is something Arizona would struggle to exploit with the NFL's least accurate QB.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah Stanton is showing why he's a backup and that plays right into our hands as the final 4 games play out. They have Kansas, at a surging Rams, the red hot Hawks and finally at the 49ers.

If they end up 11-5 I will be surprised.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":22x0x6tf said:
SacHawk2.0":22x0x6tf said:
Aros":22x0x6tf said:
Thanks to you I have nightmares due to your avatar.

You're welcome.

Good thing it's not Kaep's head on that frisky turkey.

Actually, that would be hilarious. It would symbolize what the Hawks just did to him and his "team" on Turkey day. His face needs a really pained expression. Somebody make it so!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Indeed, thanks to the Falcons. Our whole division looks straight-up trailer park when Arizona wins it, and nobody wants that.

OrFan

Reaction score
Aros":b631clm9 said:
Yeah Stanton is showing why he's a backup and that plays right into our hands as the final 4 games play out. They have Kansas, at a surging Rams, the red hot Hawks and finally at the 49ers.

If they end up 11-5 I will be surprised.

If they win another game I will be surprised. My guess is they will not even get a wildcard spot.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Not a surprise. 'Zona is overrated.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks very much Atlanta. I was depending on the Chiefs for the next Zona loss. Watching KC in action tonight, they may actually be the last W the Cards see this year (but I doubt it). Funny league.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
KC remains a pretty decent team even if they're getting rolled at the moment. I still give them a reasonable chance to win at Arizona.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3hpeqbsr said:
KC remains a pretty decent team even if they're getting rolled at the moment. I still give them a reasonable chance to win at Arizona.

As do I. I think Zona matched up better vs Atlanta than they do the more fundamentally sound Chiefs. I think they know the gig is about up and they can write the season off as due to the loss of Palmer and Fitz. Which is true (to a degree). I'd probably make the Cards a 2 pt favorite over the visiting Chiefs. Visiting being the operative word in that. But like the team itself, Zona fans also likely know the gig is about up. With that, I don't anticipate a 12 like atmosphere awaiting KC in Zona. I see the Chiefs handing Zona their 3rd straight loss. 23-16. Probably a solid bet if Vegas agrees with my line (-2 maybe -3).

KC getting slapped around by Denver tonight makes me like that bet even more.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Anyone remember when people were flaunting Drew Stanton and Matt Flynn as possibilities to fill our upcoming QB hole a few years ago?

xgeoff

Reaction score
HawkWow":s2uz5tty said:
Thanks very much Atlanta. I was depending on the Chiefs for the next Zona loss. Watching KC in action tonight, they may actually be the last W the Cards see this year (but I doubt it). Funny league.

KC is a superior team to the Cardinals in every facet of the game. No way I see KC losing to the Cards.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The problem I see with the matchup is that the Cardinals excel at defending KC's offensive strength (running). It's going to be all running and throwing to the tight ends for the most part. I can easily see KC winning that game, but I don't think they're going to score a ton of points.

HawkWow

Reaction score
xgeoff":1ucobji7 said:
HawkWow":1ucobji7 said:

KC is a superior team to the Cardinals in every facet of the game. No way I see KC losing to the Cards.

I was being uber-critical of KC (and partially facetious) because of them stinking it up tonight. Thus, my predicted score of 23-16 KC. OTOH, I would cite a Zona win as improbable...but certainly not impossible.