I *am* the PussyCat aka GO YOU FREAKING SEAHAWKS!

byau

Reaction score
I know the AZ game is already behind us, and with the SF game around the corner, this is a bit of old news

I just have to do it for SoulfishHawk

Per a thread here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101313

And an abbreviated convo with SoulfishHawk

byau":1133mfpz said:
SoulfishHawk":1133mfpz said:
Before I go, will you actually give them some credit and/or acknowledge that they showed heart in a victory on Sunday? Or will you still call them pussy cats and/or make excuses for Arizona and why they lost?

Yes of course! Okay seriously speaking, I give credit where credit is due. If the Seahawks come out and rip it this Sunday, even in a loss, I will gladly admit you were right and I was wrong.

Is that fair?

I wanted to post something earlier, however I wanted a chance to watch the game (I only listened to it on the radio).

I'll say that on the radio, it didn't sound like we totally ripped it. Sounded like a few problems with the passing game and with Marshawn. Sounded like a few "excuses" could be made for AZ with not having their 1st string QB (Palmer) and their elite WR (Fitzgerald).

I definitely had to watch the game and my few bullet points

* Defense came ready to play. Holy cow. Swagger the entire game through. No letting up.

* Defense: Sure, they let a few runs get through, a few passes, but every game that happens. The key to me was that every play, regardless of whatever just happened, the defense had that swagger and felt every play was a play to be made by the D

* Defense: Most telling: AZ had 3 points in the 2nd quarter. None in the second half. For a team that prides itself on getting better as the game went on, the Seahawks clearly pounded their offense into submissino

* Offense: while it wasn't stellar, and there are things I could complain about, focusing on the really good: I thought Russell had one of his best games ever. Against an AZ team that is notable for forcing turnovers, we didn't have one.

* Offense: Can I mention Russell again? I chose the high road here: getting sacked SO MANY TIMES, he showed amazing poise and got better as the game went on. The Seahawks rushing/passing game seemed to pound the AZ team into submission too as Russell finally got his TD drive

* Offense: Can I mention the offense again? 6.5 minutes left in the 4th, Stanton leaves with an ankle sprain(?) but 3rd stringer Logan doesn't get back in because the offense stays on the field the rest of the game.

* Offense: Can I mention the offense again? This is what I call commitment to the run. Even if it didn't end up getting big yardage, the threat was always there and it wore down the D. This made for better decoys and heck who doesn't think that at any given time Marshawn will explode

* Swagger on the D: listening to post-game interviews; clearly, the defense had found its swagger

* Swagger on the O: Offensively? Believe it or not, I see that while they need to work on things, they also feed off the same swagger and also found their swagger. How else to explain that one of the team's leaders, Doug Baldwin, in his post-game locker room interview talks about how awesome the team is, playing for each other. Stat-wise, this guy only had 2 catches for 6 yards?!! Name another receiver who is considered one of the top options for that offense, only getting 2 catches for 6 yards, and being extremely excited about it?

* Swagger on the Special Teams: again, just by feeling and attitude. How else can you explain
*** Blocked punt was NOT a called play but just Shead seeing the opening and going for it ...talk about letting the game come to you
*** Jon Ryan: two punts within the 10?
*** Bryan Walters: did he actually have a 20+ yard punt return?!
That's telling if the team-wide swagger reaches THAT deep that Walters had a good punt return. I had already settled on that he is good at taking care of the ball on punts, but wow... I was surprised to see him take advantage of whatever holes he saw and get that 20+ return.

Overall, a super exciting team win, but moreso that it seems they finally played like the Seahawks of last year. Letting the game come to them so-to-speak and just ripping it like they know they can

And to tie it into this week, believe it or not I am super happy it's a short week.

I think the short week benefits the Seahawks a LOT.

The swagger and feel-good emotion, I know some people are wondering if it will last or not.

But guess what? In a short week, it will still be there to build off of as the Seahawks go on the road. If it were a full week, who knows if the momentum would die down a bit.

Going away from home, that momentum and team chemistry they all felt from Sunday I feel will be crucial in getting the best out of the Seahawks in a game I believe they must win

And to my friend SoulfishHawk, I am so happy that these guys didn't come out as pussycats :)

GO SEAHAWKS! GO YOU FREAKING SEAHAWKS GO!!!

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
supahawk":13hq492v said:
You're crazy man. I like you...but you're crazy.

I've been told that. I accept it . :th2thumbs:

Thanks man! :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Byau is a cool guy, let me know when you get to town for a game. We'll do many 12 oz lifts before a game :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1w9tjbu4 said:
Byau is a cool guy, let me know when you get to town for a game. We'll do many 12 oz lifts before a game :thirishdrinkers:

Heck ya!
:thirishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And real beer like Mac N Jack's/Mirror Pond/Guiness etc. not that watered down Bud Light and crap like that.