Jordan Hill/Clinton Mc Donald

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
All year we have not got any production from our Right D tackle in the nickel pass rush.........until yesterday. Jordan hill had two tackles (one for a loss and a sack). After watching the tape, he was very disruptive and at times powerful in the pass rush. His run defense is still substandard BUT if he can replace McDonalds pass rush, our defense is going to continue to dominate. :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jordan Hill had a good game yesterday. Good to see. I think having Bobby Wagner back just picked up the whole team. They played loose. Once they Cards became one-dimensional, it was pin the ears back and rush. That's Hill's strength and he did a good job yesterday.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Williams had the one good play to start the game, but Hill outplayed him in Bane's spot. Was a very good thing to see not to mention the way he played in the nickel D.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Keep in mind that McDonald was a fringe roster player for 3 years, then he was cut last year before he came on and dominated.

Hill has more reps so for in his career, and that's with being injured. He's not anywhere near his ceiling yet, IMO. I think they can be very similar players in terms of production and rotation.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I suspect Jordan Hill was one of the guys called out by Earl Thomas in that midweek "unofficial team meeting" the media has been talking about.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":t5nswmbr said:
I suspect Jordan Hill was one of the guys called out by Earl Thomas in that midweek "unofficial team meeting" the media has been talking about.

Definitely could be. He was awful @ KC. Hope it sticks.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Watch Hill's sack again. Stanton ran right into him when he was being pressured from our DEs. If Hill would have done his job and actually gotten push, Stanton would have run right by him. He was rewarded with a sack for failing to do what he is supposed to.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hill at 6-1 is a btter fit at nose than Williams at 6-5. It isn't about William's effort. KW has been a nice addition at 3-tech.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":16uuj89o said:
Watch Hill's sack again. Stanton ran right into him when he was being pressured from our DEs. If Hill would have done his job and actually gotten push, Stanton would have run right by him. He was rewarded with a sack for failing to do what he is supposed to.
3 of McDonald's 5 sacks came that same way. It's extremely common for the player that lines up in the 1 gap to get those types of sacks if they keep a rush lane.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":3q1fxlcu said:

Have you heard of gap integrity?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":2v5veuqz said:

That's not how it works. A DT disengaging to sack a QB running right past him...is still a sack, and still involves skill.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":4w4emyz9 said:

That means he's doing his job. So what if he gets the low hanging fruit. A sack is a sack.

marko358

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3pd2rv1p said:
RobBaker7714409":3pd2rv1p said:

I argue with my wife about this all the time.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
marko358":18510tga said:
seahawk12thman":18510tga said:
RobBaker7714409":18510tga said:

I argue with my wife about this all the time.
:lol:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Did anyone ask Michael Strahan about gap integrity?

Ok..back to the topic. I wonder if they will let T. Robinson in the rotation a bit on Thursday. How will that affect Hill and Williams? Could be making of a solid rotation.

BASF

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1sf9pq6p said:
RobBaker7714409":1sf9pq6p said:

That means he's doing his job. So what if he gets the low hanging fruit. A sack is a sack.

Given the nature of the sack, this made me LOL.