What was the difference with the defensive pressure?

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on what the difference was yesterday for the defensive line? I know part of it is Arians calling some long pass plays, so the dline had chances to actually pursue, but that cant be the only reason?

Could it be Pete thought so little of the Cards running game he instructed Hill to pin his ears back? Hill and WIlliam's we're on point and getting interior push. Avril was a speed freak. Irvin was stunting well.

Thoughts?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2awna9mq said:
Bobby Wagner.

Bingo..............and a healthy Kam.

Having those guys stuffing the run and manhandling RB's and TE's in pass routes is critical for the QB holding the ball that extra second or two to allow the D-line to get home.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd say more effort. Guys were just more relentless than I've seen so far this season, outside of the Denver and GB games.

A

Anonymous

SeaMeat":3eb3ginr said:
I believe It has been statiscally proven that the return of Bobby Wagner had a big impact.

Fixed it for you...

:mrgreen:

2_0_6

Reaction score
The first defensive play of the game where their run was stuffed in the backfield was a microcosm of how their day was going to be. Even when we werent getting sacks, Stanton was feeling the presence of the fellas.

Crowd noise was the key IMO.

sutz

Reaction score
Crowd noise tends to give our D-line guys an extra half step or so jump off the ball, IMHO.

But also having Wags and Kam both back there to clean up on running plays takes some of the gap pressure off of the d-line.

Add in the sense of urgency. This was essentially the start of our playoffs this season. Any more losses could be devastating to our chances. Losing to AZ yesterday would have meant pretty much giving up on winning the div, and its still gonna be a tough row to hoe. At 7-4 with 5 left, were still very much in the WC hunt with an outside shot at the div crown.

Latest posts